Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here (Oregon) a front plate is required. The factory sometimes sends the special mounting bracket with the vehicle for Dealer install or they install it at the factory. When I order, I am going to ask a notation "Send but do NOT install front license plate bracket". I have had to relocate these on several vehicles and many times they drill through a nice finished bumper. Since I am getting a winch, a center mount (most logical spot) won't work. I want to install a flip out mount or a removeable mount and I want to choose where it goes....no random holes left to rust.

Charlie

Wildtrak
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here (Oregon) a front plate is required. The factory sometimes sends the special mounting bracket with the vehicle for Dealer install or they install it at the factory. When I order, I am going to ask a notation "Send but do NOT install front license plate bracket". I have had to relocate these on several vehicles and many times they drill through a nice finished bumper. Since I am getting a winch, a center mount (most logical spot) won't work. I want to install a flip out mount or a removeable mount and I want to choose where it goes....no random holes left to rust.

Glad I saw your post, just called my dealer rep and emailed him to ensure they do not drill into the bumper.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Glad I saw your post, just called my dealer rep and emailed him to ensure they do not drill into the bumper.
Spoke to mine yesterday about this as well. It will be delivered in the back seat for me to put on a shelf.
My plate will be mounted to my roller fairlead. “C”-type mag light mounting clips work perfectly for this and are way cheaper than the alternatives. Needs to be riveted to a backing plate, as the license plate will slowly get twisted around if you winch as much as I do.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Colorado has required front plates as well, so I want to use the three screw holes on the lower bar of the HD Modular bumper, just above the top of the bash plate...fab up a bracket for that spot, and not worry if the plate gets bashed/bent off-roading. CO law says plate must be displayed...says nothing about the plate's physical condition, AFAIK... :cool:

Sponsored

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This picture was posted at some point by someone...not sure who to give credit to. Not sure if this is the final location, or how it's actually mounted, but it's something to give you an idea of what they're thinking for the mod front bumper.
Screenshot_20210126-063843.png

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are holders that mount to the place where a d-ring would go. I'm going to have one ready to see how it looks when my bronco arrives. If not I'll fab one at work to mount centered but lower on the bumper.

I'm trying to figure out the diameter of the thru hole on the front mounts. 3/4" or 7/8"? Any one got info on that?

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This picture was posted at some point by someone...not sure who to give credit to. Not sure if this is the final location, or how it's actually mounted, but it's something to give you an idea of what they're thinking for the mod front bumper.
Ford Bronco Front License Plate Mounting Location Untitled
These pics make me cringe. Luckily so many people in SoCal go without front license plates that it isn't really enforced.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These pics make me cringe. Luckily so many people in SoCal go without front license plates that it isn't really enforced.
I think it was a PhotoShopped joke.

Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it was a PhotoShopped joke.
I wish, but that's most like not the case.
Asked dealer to submit order stating NOT to attach any front plate holder.....hopefully they'll listen and I'll see where I can move it myself.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking about fabbing up some type of swinging hinge and bracket for the mod bumper.

I will attach it to the middle three lower bumper bolts and have the plate swing back when driving. I will need to remove it when off-road or else the plate will get destroyed.

I plan to add just enough weight to the plate to have it show when stopped or at slow speed, but also angle back when driving faster.

In the San Francisco Bay Area, a front plate is required for the bridge toll cameras or when a LEO looks and needs to see it.

You can think of the original rear license plate holder on the 1st get broncos, but on the front, with weights to help it be visible at slower speeds.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Spoke to mine yesterday about this as well. It will be delivered in the back seat for me to put on a shelf.
My plate will be mounted to my roller fairlead. “C”-type mag light mounting clips work perfectly for this and are way cheaper than the alternatives. Needs to be riveted to a backing plate, as the license plate will slowly get twisted around if you winch as much as I do.
So explain why, exactly, you have a bumper with a winch fairlead and no winch . . . You should’ve seen the crappy place Ford wanted to put the front plate. You also should’ve seen the solution on 6g.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another idea to consider.

Sent off an email and heard back.

Hello,
We have 2021 Bronco on order so that we can start prototyping parts as soon as it arrives at our facility. We plan to offer a full product line for it.
Thanks and keep an eye out!
Jamey Paine
330-423-6446

www.fishboneoffroad.com
Sponsored