Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally forgot my wifes fiesta st had hill assist since it does work so well. I hadn't considered that I could turn it off on my subaru - looks like you can - you have to turn the wheel left 3 times, shut off the engine, look up twice, honk the horn, shout "why why why" out the window and repeat the whole process again to get to the menu to turn it off.

I printed the directions hopefully it will work.
Hey it worked, I could turn the hill assist off and it is better without it. The whole car seemed to run better but that may be because the last time I drove it, it was 85 degrees and I still had the snow tires on....

On a side note since you guys solved my hill assist complaint - is shifting without using the clutch bad? I saw something a while back saying it was bad for the transmission and I wondered if that was true? Depending on my mood I'll often shift from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 without the clutch. I'm not sure how it could damage the transmission.

I had an old fullsize cherokee that I only used the clutch for starting. It was the only car I could actually downshift in without using the clutch.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey it worked, I could turn the hill assist off and it is better without it. The whole car seemed to run better but that may be because the last time I drove it, it was 85 degrees and I still had the snow tires on....

On a side note since you guys solved my hill assist complaint - is shifting without using the clutch bad? I saw something a while back saying it was bad for the transmission and I wondered if that was true? Depending on my mood I'll often shift from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 without the clutch. I'm not sure how it could damage the transmission.

I had an old fullsize cherokee that I only used the clutch for starting. It was the only car I could actually downshift in without using the clutch.
I imagine it may wear things a bit but couodnt be much if ya got it real smooth like. Unforntunately i only have 1 manual that barely moves unless im winching something. But i always use to shift like that on my cjs(this ones a t5), and a 92 4.0 2wd ranger( quick truck) and it shifted super smooth. Id clutch 1-2 and 2-3 vut beyond that rarely. Its just a harmonous way to drive.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Last edited:

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Manual transmission 1591814209582

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Manual transmission 1591814241675

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that shifter looks sweet btw.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

gomefun2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT
It is like manual transmissions is a New "cool" thing over there, but here in Europe it's been the norm and we never saw it as something special or cool. We have always heard that Americans don't know how to drive "a stick", but here everyone who learns to drive has to learn to drive a manual, and also manuals were the most available in affordable cars. It like before Americans didn't know how to handle "a stick", but now that Automatics are far better than manuals, all the Americans seem to want is a manual transmission.
Driving a manual I super easy, every girl in Europe can do it easily, so it does not make you a man either like some of the comments here have suggested.
American men are hairy and can drive stick. It is manly to drive stick. Just because Euro women are also hairy and drive stick doesn't mean it is any less manly in North America.

My first car was a mustang that I have driven for eight years. Being able to rev to high RPMs to merge into traffic, or only using low RPMs to get better MPGs is really fun. I like having control and deeper interaction with my machine, it makes it more personal. I guess it is the difference between driving your own car and having a robot drive for you. Sometimes you want the robot to drive if you are feeling lazy, but if cars/trucks are your hobbies then it is fun to understand how the vehicle's systems work, to have more direct control over them, and to drive how you want to, not how a computer thinks is best.

It's the same for desktop computers for me. I always build my own desktop computer from parts. Do I have to do this? no! I do it because it saves me money and because I have more control over my computer to get it to do exactly what I want it to do. I'm quite sure building computers isn't too manly but as a hobby, it is quite fun.

I take this approach with just about everything. For the things I care about, repair work around the house, etc, I like to do things myself. I know I'll do a good job and I'll be happy with the results. Having control, over the things you care about, and getting a good result, it's just satisfying.

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stars are aligning! manual is confirmed and paired with the 2.3 Ecoboost. Now Im just hoping it’s available with the 2.7 Ecoboost as well. I hope this is confirmed with the reveal.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having a manual in what might very well be the last combustion powered vehicle I purchase holds a very high sentimental calling (which I don't care to discuss within an open forum and I'm 90% sure that it's not what you think my reason is) for me and even though my knees aren't as young as they once were, I'll go for the manual if it's offered with the 2.7L or larger engine.

So.... FoMoCo (yes we know that you're lurking), Please give us the option for the manual with All of the engines. It being available in All of the trim levels would be nice as well.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having a manual in what might very well be the last combustion powered vehicle I purchase holds a very high sentimental calling (which I don't care to discuss within an open forum and I'm 90% sure that it's not what you think my reason is) for me and even though my knees aren't as young as they once were, I'll go for the manual if it's offered with the 2.7L or larger engine.

So.... FoMoCo (yes we know that you're lurking), Please give us the option for the manual with All of the engines. It being available in All of the trim levels would be nice as well.
the Every trim option manual does have high hopes after the leak. Because that looks like a higher trim version.

however every motor is the question.
Hybrid is out. Obviously.

but the 2.7 and 3.0. The transmission is rated to MINIMUM 442lbft that’s enough for both 2.7 EB AND 3.0eb and even the 3.0 PS.

question is will ford do it.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't drive manuals because it's fun or nostalgic. I drive them because I want control of the vehicle. I want control over lockup all the time. Most people don't seem to care, but some of us do.
Sponsored