Sponsored

Area 51 (Sport) and Antimatter Blue (F150) in multiple sunlight angles. 7 other Bronco colors in direct sunlight.

AandD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SRX, 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Trax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the same thoughts about the A51. I didn't like it in the colorizer, but loved it in some of the factory pictures. A dealership near me had 3 of them, and they all looked different. Driving by my dealership the A51 looked almost carbon gray. Parked next to it, blue/green gray. I was so ambivalent about it that I just gave up and opted for Velocity Blue when I placed my order... LOL.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoGator

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want to like these colors but they are so different depending on sunlight. I love Area 51 in the brightest possible sunlight but don't like it in shade or overcast. I really want to like Cactus Gray, but I just can't seem to see as much green in it as the colorizer version I like. I think I'm going Oxford White and deal with the OJ jokes I'll hear everytime I park.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not really. I was shocked when that showed up. Maybe in that light if I got my face where the camera was it would have looked like that. Could be the lower angle picking up the grass in the reflection. The color to the right of the paper in that image is more accurate in slight cloud cover.
I did think A51 had a strong green undertone in person when viewed in the shade, and there was nothing green nearby when I took pictures a couple of weeks ago.

The picture below is my car (light blue "cool gray khaki" Subaru Crosstek with door open) parked beside the A51 Bronco Sport. My car looks washed out in this picture, but it's a very nice Carolina Blue in most lighting conditions and is what I had hoped A51 would be.

But to my eye, A51 has a green/gray undertone with a blue top finish. It had been my favorite, but after seeing in person, I don't want it. Now, I've moved on to Velocity Blue or maybe Antimatter Blue.

More pix here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a51-white-rapid-red-bronco-sports.11242/

Ford Bronco Area 51 (Sport) and Antimatter Blue (F150) in multiple sunlight angles. 7 other Bronco colors in direct sunlight. 1611693919211

OP
OP
BroncoGator

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did think A51 had a strong green undertone in person when viewed in the shade, and there was nothing green nearby when I took pictures a couple of weeks ago.

The picture below is my car (light blue "cool gray khaki" Subaru Crosstek with door open) parked beside the A51 Bronco Sport. My car looks washed out in this picture, but it's a very nice Carolina Blue in most lighting conditions and is what I had hoped A51 would be.

But to my eye, A51 has a green/gray undertone with a blue top finish. It had been my favorite, but after seeing in person, I don't want it. Now, I've moved on to Velocity Blue or maybe Antimatter Blue.

More pix here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a51-white-rapid-red-bronco-sports.11242/

Ford Bronco Area 51 (Sport) and Antimatter Blue (F150) in multiple sunlight angles. 7 other Bronco colors in direct sunlight. 1611693919211
Carolina blue would have been nice. When Area 51 is exposed to the right angle in full sunlight I saw a color close to that. The in the shade blue/gray/green is just kind of boring and not bright enough

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any autobody guys who can hold the paint chip for Antimatter Blue (HX) next to the chip for Dark Blue Pearl (DX) for comparison? I had the DX on my 2012 F-150 and it was an amazing colour.

I'm even more conflicted about Antimatter Blue vs Rapid Red.

f150leftrear34view.jpg
Sponsored