First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all. Saw a Hawaii thread, so thought I’d drop in and say hello. I have a reservation at the dealership on Maui, and they called a few days ago to confirm my interest. Sounds like they are running the list to get a sense of who will go through with an order, and they’ll call again soon to discuss pricing. I’ll keep you updated. Sure is great to have a resource like this.

I wish I could say that $6000 over invoice is surprising, but after a recent experience in trying to buy a car here on island, I’m not the least bit surprised. I’ll go into my Bronco negotiation with an open mind, but I fully expect to buy from a dealership on the mainland.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all. Saw a Hawaii thread, so thought I’d drop in and say hello. I have a reservation at the dealership on Maui, and they called a few days ago to confirm my interest. Sounds like they are running the list to get a sense of who will go through with an order, and they’ll call again soon to discuss pricing. I’ll keep you updated. Sure is great to have a resource like this.

I wish I could say that $6000 over invoice is surprising, but after a recent experience in trying to buy a car here on island, I’m not the least bit surprised. I’ll go into my Bronco negotiation with an open mind, but I fully expect to buy from a dealership on the mainland.
Aloha Miles, yeah we've all seen the huge markups here in Hawaii and I am not going for it this time. After all this waiting and other build and price issues, Ford should be pressuring dealers to work with reservation holders to get below or at MSRP. Not the other way around! Well good luck in your negotiating. I still haven't gotten a call.

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cutter Ford update. They have 40 allocations (nearly 200 Reservations). Hopefully, they will be able to convert a large percentage to orders so they can get more MY21 allocations for my Hawaii cousins. They are still contacting reservation holders (in time-stamp order) to see who still plans on ordering a Bronco. Once that list is scrubbed, they’ll start making appointments for ordering. As of now, I’m their only FE. But I‘m getting the late availability mod-top, so I won’t be one of the first to receive my Bronco.

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cutter Ford update. They have 40 allocations (nearly 200 Reservations). Hopefully, they will be able to convert a large percentage to orders so they can get more MY21 allocations for my Hawaii cousins. They are still contacting reservation holders (in time-stamp order) to see who still plans on ordering a Bronco. Once that list is scrubbed, they’ll start making appointments for ordering. As of now, I’m their only FE. But I‘m getting the late availability mod-top, so I won’t be one of the first to receive my Bronco.
Yeah the late avail. tops are gonna set folks back. I "think" I settled on 4dr A51 with the MIC top. It's one of the few colors that I like with that top and I am lucky its one of my favorite colors. I still want the 2.7L and Sas... so I'll probably be pushed back as well. No problem, more time to save for the deposit :)

you going for 2dr or 4dr? any other options you going with?

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah the late avail. tops are gonna set folks back. I "think" I settled on 4dr A51 with the MIC top. It's one of the few colors that I like with that top and I am lucky its one of my favorite colors. I still want the 2.7L and Sas... so I'll probably be pushed back as well. No problem, more time to save for the deposit :)

you going for 2dr or 4dr? any other options you going with?
As of today, I’m going for a 4-door FE (2.7 & Sas built in) in A51 with Navy Pier leather trim. Only option is Mod Top. I decided against other options I will eventually get (extra lighting, tube doors, bimini top), because I can get those later and I don’t want to chance delaying my build further if they are not readily available at the moment of build.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cutter Ford has “nearly 200 Bronco reservations.” I don’t know their allocation yet.
Going through different threads and saw your post (curious because I deal with Hawaii for work more than the other lower 48 states) and saw your profile pic. How in the world did you get a Mustang Pace car?

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. I used to live in Pearl Harbor as you can guess by the name tag I was in the Navy. When I transferred from San Diego, CA to Hawaii I used Pasha and it cost me $1k and was about the easiest thing I dealt with. I dropped off my Town and Country slightly cleaned out and with a quick wash and had no problems picking it up 3 weeks later in Hawaii. When I shipped my truck over to Jacksonville, FL it was $1800 and again easy. Funny enough the Military uses Pasha to ship most of the stuff to Hawaii too but requires the vehicles to be pretty immaculate.

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of today, I’m going for a 4-door FE (2.7 & Sas built in) in A51 with Navy Pier leather trim. Only option is Mod Top. I decided against other options I will eventually get (extra lighting, tube doors, bimini top), because I can get those later and I don’t want to chance delaying my build further if they are not readily available at the moment of build.
My build similar to yours then, but going with the MGV and badlands trim with MIC. But waiting also to add aftermarket accessories. I hope some cool decals come out for the body and hood since I wont have those FE accents :)

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. I used to live in Pearl Harbor as you can guess by the name tag I was in the Navy. When I transferred from San Diego, CA to Hawaii I used Pasha and it cost me $1k and was about the easiest thing I dealt with. I dropped off my Town and Country slightly cleaned out and with a quick wash and had no problems picking it up 3 weeks later in Hawaii. When I shipped my truck over to Jacksonville, FL it was $1800 and again easy. Funny enough the Military uses Pasha to ship most of the stuff to Hawaii too but requires the vehicles to be pretty immaculate.
Well we wont' have a problem shipping a brand new Bronco unless we take it off road between dealer and shipping container. :)

Thanks for the update on price. I was thinking we'd be paying about 2K so that still leaves a 4K savings if the dealers here try to markup 6K.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well we wont' have a problem shipping a brand new Bronco unless we take it off road between dealer and shipping container. :)

Thanks for the update on price. I was thinking we'd be paying about 2K so that still leaves a 4K savings if the dealers here try to markup 6K.
FYI, I checked matson. $1500 to honolulu. I think if you get roof rack it'll make it taller than 6'-3" and then it cost ~$2200.

Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My last assignment was Pearl and it doesn't surprise me the number of reservations based on the number of military on the island. They are going to have an issue with conversion though once they start tacking on the ADM and people start bailing not to mention orders not matching names due to rotation dates and no one there to pick them up because they don't want the markup plus shipping costs.

Anyrate, think it's Kearney Mesa in San Diego that's on the site, search them out and even with shipping you're better off.

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are 3 dealers on Oahu. If whoever you have your reservation with isn’t giving you MSRP, then call the other 2 dealers and tell them you are willing to switch your reservation over to them, but only if they sell it to you at MSRP. Then get it in writing (email). It worked for me. Unless you just want the road trip to CONUS for a below MSRP deal. I know that ADM is “standard” on the island for cars on the lot, but we have a lot of leverage in this situation. They can either make some money on your reservation or not make any money on your reservation. But they can’t sell “your” car above MSRP to anyone else, like they can the cars on their lot.

MilesAhead

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody get a firm answer from a Hawaii dealer on price? Or ordered one?
Stopped by Valley Isle Motors, the Ford dealership on Maui today. Was greeted immediately by a friendly sales guy. After a little prodding, he revealed the ADM is $4995 above MSRP. He said that price is firm, and not open to negotiation. Not sure if there is ‘mandatory‘ etching or paint protection fees on top of that. Doesn’t matter, as it’s a moot point. All in all, one of the better visits I have ever had at a dealership. Found out all the pertinent information I needed in about 90 seconds, and was out the door. Now begins the process of looking for a dealer on the mainland...good luck to my other Hawaii comrades out there!

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped by Valley Isle Motors, the Ford dealership on Maui today. Was greeted immediately by a friendly sales guy. After a little prodding, he revealed the ADM is $4995 above MSRP. He said that price is firm, and not open to negotiation. Not sure if there is ‘mandatory‘ etching or paint protection fees on top of that. Doesn’t matter, as it’s a moot point. All in all, one of the better visits I have ever had at a dealership. Found out all the pertinent information I needed in about 90 seconds, and was out the door. Now begins the process of looking for a dealer on the mainland...good luck to my other Hawaii comrades out there!
Yeah no way paying $5K above MSRP when other dealers are offering 1K or more below invoice. My guess is that more of us will be making a mainland trip. Perfect timing if we can get those vaccine shots before pickup.

One thought before you change dealers, reach out to Honolulu ford and Cutter Ford to see if they are making up.
Sponsored