Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How was the power with the 2.3 sasquatch?

Pepperenavich

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a pretty awesome opportunity tonight. Another forum member got a lead on a Bronco near me. Within a few minutes, I was on my way to check it out. 2.3 SQ BB Mid Package 4DR Rapid Red. I have owned a Jeep TJ and Driven a JK, so I had a certain baseline in mind. It exceeded my expectations for ride, noise, handling, drive-ability, interior space, driving position, really just f*ing outstanding. Went over some surface streets, some 50mph roads, dirt roads. No HWY driving (I was in heaven just getting to sit in one). I was not disappointed in any way. The Bronco was in 4A mostly (SQ remember) also put it in sport mode and standard 2wd. The modes were noticeable, but we weren't doing anything crazy, so no review of the modes themselves.
I believe you, but as the saying goes...pics or it didn't happen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the power with the 2.3 sasquatch?
Good, almost the same as my sons 2.3 Ranger FX4. Great low end, solid drive ability , reasonably quiet. Solid choice and if the delay is to great, I will change my order without worry.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see the "stalking" has paid off. By the way, how was it possible a 4-dr squatched Bronco was able to move with only the 2.3L? Reading B6G and it seems as the 2.7L is the consensus powerplant.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco My first drive of a 2.3L Bronco Sasquatch 4-Door (quick review and answers)! 1611879331510

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see the "stalking" has paid off. By the way, how was it possible a 4-dr squatched Bronco was able to move with only the 2.3L? Reading B6G and it seems as the 2.7L is the consensus powerplant.
I am nothing if not persistent. Must be some sort of magic pixie dust, but regular driving the motor was excellent. I didn’t put the coal to it, but acceleration was solid up to posted speeds. Easily better than my LJ 4.0 6sp even with 35s.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am nothing if not persistent. Must be some sort of magic pixie dust, but regular driving the motor was excellent. I didn’t put the coal to it, but acceleration was solid up to posted speeds. Easily better than my LJ 4.0 6sp even with 35s.
Thank you for the honest feedback. I can't wait to zip around in my 2.3L 2-dr stock OBX.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeleous, but intrigued and hot n bothered. :)

This is awesome. Boy ohh boy, swear I never thought you Michigan boys had any advantages, I mean with the state of Wolverine football and all.... I kid, sorta.

But the proximity to Ford has paid off. Glad for you and thanks for sharing. You're posts usually do share great info, so keep em coming!