First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not one of the 95% I am in the 5%. You see it as marginally effective but I have learned one thing over the years ....... it is better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. That said, I take my son out wheeling on our Grizzys and anytime I would say use 4WD he would ask, should I lock it ?? So one day I showed him what a front locker was used for. I crawled up a rock bigger than the machine with one front tire on the rock and one tire "hanging" in the air. Now he understands why !! They help out in the deep mud and snow as well. But if you don't have it and you "hang" a front tire you 'aint going over because once the tire gets in the air it will just spin that tire and not put power to the one still in contact. While on the subject of being marginally effective, while most will not need the "front dig" that has been seen, Ford still put in the Bronco. Your right marginally effective but come to a tight turn in the trail or try to squeeze between two large rocks and you will say "Oh, now I know why they made it front dig". I see a lot of people post here that the Bronco will be a toy. I only need mine to go ANYWHERE and do ANYTHING I want it to do. I don't need fancy wheels, leather interior, heated this, cooled that, it needs to do one thing ...... PERFORM !!!! and I want all the options that make it do that, all the other stuff is marginally effective to me. :D
This is why a front locker is so important to have on IFS.

Also, I'll do a front dig in my back yard the day I bring a Bronco home, because reasons.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, I'll do a front dig in my back yard the day I bring a Bronco home, because reasons.

I'm thinking my first day will be spent at the nearest ORV park getting the job done !!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ill find someone with a drone to get video of me doing donuts in my field with front dig.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Guys,

I want to thank you for the lively discussion on this page. We actively monitor this forum on a daily basis and are excited to see what you guys think and experience with the new Bronco. I want to make it clear that yes, 2 hours after publishing these pictures we were called up by Ford and disinvited from the reveal of the new F-150 and Bronco. They have also pulled our access to vehicles locally as well. I understand the criticism we have received on this thread and appreciate what you guys have to say. I want to make it clear that we have a strict set of editorial guidelines, and if we receive images and info from anonymous sources, we will publish them as it does effect the purchasing decisions of many of our viewers. The other sites did re publish these images sent to us, it is unclear if any other publication has received any negative repercussions. I also want to make it VERY clear we don't accept sponsorship or payment from any vehicle manufacturers, Ford or otherwise.

Thanks again for everyone chiming in on this news, hope to see you down the road sometime soon!

Tommy
TFLtruck
Iā€™m of a differing opinion. I have no problem with Ford or any other manufacturer revoking access if media outlets are leaking things. Ford has their reasons for wanting to control the flow of information about their products. People may disagree but itā€™s their product so they get to make the rules. I bet the next outlet will think twice about publishing leaks now.

Whether people will actually not buy a Bronco over it is just as petty as some are saying Ford is. If you like the Bronco better, buy it. If you like the Wrangler or 4Runner or other product then buy that. But if somebody honestly wants a Bronco and doesnā€™t buy it because TFL was uninvited to a couple launch parties...um...yeah. Do your thing lol.

Tommy Iā€™m not sure what actions you guys took once they notified you.

if it were me I would have apologized and taken the video down to see if that would have appeased them. The way it looks now (I say looks because I wasnā€™t there so I can only judge from the outside) is you guys got uninvited so now youā€™re trying to play the victim and get public support to pressure Ford into letting you guys attend. If that is indeed the case thatā€™s what I personally donā€™t like. How awkward would it be if they actually do change their minds? Maybe you guys wonā€™t care since youā€™ll be hyped about the new car idk lol.

anyways itā€™s not worth much but I appreciate you posting. We all assumed all YouTube channels for anything Bronco/off-road related come here anyway. Enthusiast Forums are the best way to get new car info. Cool to have you actually posting ??

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@TFLtruck do you guys still have Billy the Bronco?? How many other reviewers out there can compare the original Bronco to the new Bronco?

I hope you guys get re-invited to the reveal but if not you can always use my new Bronco for a review. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: BE_

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ill find someone with a drone to get video of me doing donuts in my field with front dig.
Im going straight up to Polipoli state park. I will do my front donut up there in the cinders on the side of the old volcano!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m of a differing opinion. I have no problem with Ford or any other manufacturer revoking access if media outlets are leaking things. Ford has their reasons for wanting to control the flow of information about their products. People may disagree but itā€™s their product so they get to make the rules. I bet the next outlet will think twice about publishing leaks now.

Whether people will actually not buy a Bronco over it is just as petty as some are saying Ford is. If you like the Bronco better, buy it. If you like the Wrangler or 4Runner or other product then buy that. But if somebody honestly wants a Bronco and doesnā€™t buy it because TFL was uninvited to a couple launch parties...um...yeah. Do your thing lol.

Tommy Iā€™m not sure what actions you guys took once they notified you.

if it were me I would have apologized and taken the video down to see if that would have appeased them. The way it looks now (I say looks because I wasnā€™t there so I can only judge from the outside) is you guys got uninvited so now youā€™re trying to play the victim and get public support to pressure Ford into letting you guys attend. If that is indeed the case thatā€™s what I personally donā€™t like. How awkward would it be if they actually do change their minds? Maybe you guys wonā€™t care since youā€™ll be hyped about the new car idk lol.

anyways itā€™s not worth much but I appreciate you posting. We all assumed all YouTube channels for anything Bronco/off-road related come here anyway. Enthusiast Forums are the best way to get new car info. Cool to have you actually posting ??
It sounds like TFL policy is quite clear and Ford should know that. Sounds like the leaker may be someone from Ford. They should keep their own house in order before going after someone else.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It sounds like TFL policy is quite clear and Ford should know that. Sounds like the leaker may be someone from Ford. They should keep their own house in order before going after someone else.
There have been so many staged, orchestrated leaks this year to suddenly slap one site, like TFL, with sanctions, is not credible on Ford's part. There have been so many other leaks that within an hour they appeared at numerous other sites all over the internet, to say that was not staged or orchestrated is not credible.

Look at these leak photos, good lighting, they show a lot, the one of the shifter has just a small amount of cloth covering peeled back so we see the shift knob. If these were real spy photos they would have just lifted the entire black cloth. There have to only be a handful of Ford employees with access to these prototype rigs, it would be to easy for Ford to find the employee who took the photos for an employee to risk it. Why would they, maybe they get a few hundreds bucks for photos and loose a $100K plus job, not credible.

Just another Ford Marketing hidden chess move?

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will probably hit the Mall in crawl gear. If malls are still around. I will most likely park with one side up on a curb
Malls are for losers, first thing is to black out the top of the C so it is a proper L, then I'm heading to the traffic jam on I-15, then put it in Low. It is going to be sweet!

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Malls are for losers, first thing is to black out the top of the C so it is a proper L, then I'm heading to the traffic jam on I-15, then put it in Low. It is going to be sweet!
BRONLO? I will do you one better:

Black out the NCO at the end! Aw, yeah! Now we are kicking it '80's style.

(No offense to anyone who actually had a "YO" truck)

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think anyone is saying "Hell No, Bron-Co!" because of Ford being pissy.

I think folks are saying Ford is reducing its audience unnecessarily. Channels have their fans - Bronco fans are looking for any information, anywhere.

I stumbled upon TFL and starting watching because I was looking for Bronco information and Jeep info (having never owned one).

Your average person knows next to nothing about the Bronco - nor even cares. In fact, the most I've seen about Bronco this week is the Release date/birthday parallel.

So cutting off a channel that has around 750,000 viewers in this era of online everything seems short-sighted - especially given the pics seem designed to show a little and hide a little, ie; planned.

Who knows, maybe the person in charge of leaking info sent it to TFL accidentally - meaning another channel was supposed to get them and to appease the slighted channel, Ford hit the roof.

Good news is (hopefully) once July 9th arrives, none of this will (hopefully) matter.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi Tommy,

Let me start out by saying that I really enjoy the content that you guys put out. As someone who was born and raised in Colorado, I love seeing vehicles being tested on roads and trails that I grew up enjoying.

I now work as an engineer for Ford in Michigan, which I love. I plan on buying a Bronco at some point, so I've been lurking on these forums for a while. I decided to join recently with the talk of pineapple pizza stickers haha.

Anyways, I wanted speak up with some information that I heard today. In a town hall meeting, several employees asked why TFL had been uninvited from the reveals. It was mentioned that you guys have a large audience and focus a lot on off-roading, so it seemed like uninviting you guys could be a poor choice.

We were told that you were asked to remove the photos and video, but refused to do so. Is that true? If so, I think Ford has every right to uninvite you guys if you refused to take down the photos after being asked nicely.

Additionally, we were told that you have been given special privileges from Ford in the past, including use of Ford's Arizona Proving Grounds, early media access to the 2020 Super Duty, etc. They felt that this was a breach of trust after establishing a good relationship with you guys.

Sorry everyone, that was a really long-winded first post. Hahaha
I think Ford will be the loser in the end.An outfit like TFL has a lot of influence on it's large audience and may be less supportive of Ford in the future. We already have one "Savagegeese", Ford certainly doesn't need another.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford will be the loser in the end.An outfit like TFL has a lot of influence on it's large audience and may be less supportive of Ford in the future. We already have one "Savagegeese", Ford certainly doesn't need another.
At the end of the day itā€™s just a petty move by Ford. Unless they have something to be embarrassed about in the leaks (quite the opposite), then any press is good press.

What happened with Savagegeese and Ford? I like his reviews.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Tommy,

Let me start out by saying that I really enjoy the content that you guys put out. As someone who was born and raised in Colorado, I love seeing vehicles being tested on roads and trails that I grew up enjoying.

I now work as an engineer for Ford in Michigan, which I love. I plan on buying a Bronco at some point, so I've been lurking on these forums for a while. I decided to join recently with the talk of pineapple pizza stickers haha.

Anyways, I wanted speak up with some information that I heard today. In a town hall meeting, several employees asked why TFL had been uninvited from the reveals. It was mentioned that you guys have a large audience and focus a lot on off-roading, so it seemed like uninviting you guys could be a poor choice.

We were told that you were asked to remove the photos and video, but refused to do so. Is that true? If so, I think Ford has every right to uninvite you guys if you refused to take down the photos after being asked nicely.

Additionally, we were told that you have been given special privileges from Ford in the past, including use of Ford's Arizona Proving Grounds, early media access to the 2020 Super Duty, etc. They felt that this was a breach of trust after establishing a good relationship with you guys.

Sorry everyone, that was a really long-winded first post. Hahaha
Hi there!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for reaching out. We were never asked by any representative of Ford to take down or remove the pictures or video. We completely understand Ford's sentiment that we "breached" the relationship. But I think it is important to note our job is not to act as Ford PR. We feel like if Ford wanted to send a message they could have un-invited from the Bronco unveiling. However, the company also chose to un-invite us from the F-150, cancel access to ford press fleet vehicles, and pull a truck that was to be used to do a story on a Ford vendor. This seems like an especially strong message to send to a company that has owned and promoted several ford vehicles throughout our 10 years of operation.

We appreciate the insight.
-Tommy
Sponsored