First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a pretty awesome opportunity tonight. Another forum member got a lead on a Bronco near me. Within a few minutes, I was on my way to check it out. 2.3L Sasquatch Big Bend Mid-Package 4-Door Rapid Red. I have owned a Jeep TJ and Driven a JK, so I had a certain baseline in mind.

It exceeded my expectations for ride, noise, handling, drive-ability, interior space, driving position, really just f*ing outstanding. Went over some surface streets, some 50mph roads, dirt roads. No HWY driving (I was in heaven just getting to sit in one). I was not disappointed in any way.

The Bronco was in 4A mostly (SQ remember) also put it in sport mode and standard 2wd. The modes were noticeable, but we weren't doing anything crazy, so no review of the modes themselves.

Some answers (to questions in thread):

Good, almost the same as my sons 2.3 Ranger FX4. Great low end, solid drive ability , reasonably quiet. Solid choice and if the delay is to great, I will change my order without worry.

I am nothing if not persistent. Must be some sort of magic pixie dust, but regular driving the motor was excellent. I didn’t put the coal to it, but acceleration was solid up to posted speeds. Easily better than my LJ 4.0 6sp even with 35s.

Maybe not faster, but neck and neck? I was never in a Boss 302 , but lots of time in several built early 70s Mach 1s that ran low 14s and the Bronco , seat of the pants, was not quite that, at least in SQ 4dr auto trim.

100%, I like jeeps, owned a nice TJ, tried to like the JK, it is not in the same universe as the Jeep, head and shoulders better. It was as good or better than my sons 2020 FX4 Ranger even with the 35s. It is excellent.

My time was limited and I was pretty overwhelmed trying to take it all in, but my initial thought was, my daughter could jump in this and be comfortable driving immediately. Thats with 35' tires and a lift! Much better driving/seating than my Jeep, blind spots didn't jump out at me, but I was bedazzled.

6' 230, seat was great for the brief time I was in it, soft top headroom is a non issue for anyone under 6'3' at least, probably more. Seat had plenty of travel, rear seat room seemed good with my driver seat comfortable.

No, but did not go over 55. Tires were relatively quiet/not noticeable as well. Again, I was taking in a lot of information in a short time.

View attachment 84104 View attachment 84105 View attachment 84106 View attachment 84107 View attachment 84108 View attachment 84109 View attachment 84110 View attachment 84111 View attachment 84112
How was the ride quality with the 35s "Max Traction"? I am debating between non-Sas Badlands vs Sas Badlands. I will be driving this on highway so want this comfortable.

Shamrocklax03

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500/2014 Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a pretty awesome opportunity tonight. Another forum member got a lead on a Bronco near me. Within a few minutes, I was on my way to check it out. 2.3L Sasquatch Big Bend Mid-Package 4-Door Rapid Red. I have owned a Jeep TJ and Driven a JK, so I had a certain baseline in mind.

It exceeded my expectations for ride, noise, handling, drive-ability, interior space, driving position, really just f*ing outstanding. Went over some surface streets, some 50mph roads, dirt roads. No HWY driving (I was in heaven just getting to sit in one). I was not disappointed in any way.

The Bronco was in 4A mostly (SQ remember) also put it in sport mode and standard 2wd. The modes were noticeable, but we weren't doing anything crazy, so no review of the modes themselves.

Good, almost the same as my sons 2.3 Ranger FX4. Great low end, solid drive ability , reasonably quiet. Solid choice and if the delay is to great, I will change my order without worry.

I am nothing if not persistent. Must be some sort of magic pixie dust, but regular driving the motor was excellent. I didn’t put the coal to it, but acceleration was solid up to posted speeds. Easily better than my LJ 4.0 6sp even with 35s.

Maybe not faster, but neck and neck? I was never in a Boss 302 , but lots of time in several built early 70s Mach 1s that ran low 14s and the Bronco , seat of the pants, was not quite that, at least in SQ 4dr auto trim.

100%, I like jeeps, owned a nice TJ, tried to like the JK, it is not in the same universe as the Jeep, head and shoulders better. It was as good or better than my sons 2020 FX4 Ranger even with the 35s. It is excellent.

My time was limited and I was pretty overwhelmed trying to take it all in, but my initial thought was, my daughter could jump in this and be comfortable driving immediately. Thats with 35' tires and a lift! Much better driving/seating than my Jeep, blind spots didn't jump out at me, but I was bedazzled.

6' 230, seat was great for the brief time I was in it, soft top headroom is a non issue for anyone under 6'3' at least, probably more. Seat had plenty of travel, rear seat room seemed good with my driver seat comfortable.

No, but did not go over 55. Tires were relatively quiet/not noticeable as well. Again, I was taking in a lot of information in a short time.

View attachment 84104 View attachment 84105 View attachment 84106 View attachment 84107 View attachment 84108 View attachment 84109 View attachment 84110 View attachment 84111 View attachment 84112
Anything you didn’t like?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope Ford doesn't find you. They have a tendency to silence people and never hear from them again.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting! I am looking forward to a lot of reviews coming out in the next week from the King of the Hammers.
pretty sure you can only demo a bronco Sport. They will let you ride in the Bronco though.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As I have said before, I bet a 2.3 auto 4 dr Bronco is faster 0 to 60 than a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang. I am old enough to know.
In 1970 Consumer Reports purchased a Boss 302 and tested it extensively. Their 0-60 time was 8.0 seconds. Most folks now days would probably assume it was much faster. In 1973 my buddy bought one and it seemed wicked fast, but he was always tinkering and upgrading his engines. I wonder how fast the 2.3 is?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t you even! I’m legitimately concerned with that exact comment with the white...
I know!

Now you're triggered!! Ha ha!

Don't change your color pic just because of that man. Sure, you'll be featured in a few local news stories where they say "and here is the OJ white Bronco", but hey, no biggie, right? :ROFLMAO:

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Matthew about where the rearview mirror placed? In my jeep liberty its pretty much in line of site of looking out the windshield. Did you notice anything like that?

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In your opinion, do you think the 2.3 with 4.27 gearing, and 32" tires would have better performance than with the 35s or similar?

I have a 4DR Base Squatch with 2.3 and auto ordered, but thinking of maybe bumping to a Big Bend for "better" interior (heated seats) and more "street-able" tires.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP .. sorry if this was asked already BUT how was the interior noise level?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know!

Now you're triggered!! Ha ha!

Don't change your color pic just because of that man. Sure, you'll be featured in a few local news stories where they say "and here is the OJ white Bronco", but hey, no biggie, right? :ROFLMAO:
Nooo

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Notice this model has the cloth seats. How comfortable are they compared to any cars with leather seats you've driven in?
Are the seats coarse or smooth?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t you even! I’m legitimately concerned with that exact comment with the white...
Haha
Hey man Im getting a white bronco (as are A LOT of people). The 6th gen Broncos look modern and different enough that it won't immediately remind people of that old infamous Bronco. It's only when people say outloud "white bronco" that they think of OJ. Well for anyone older than a millennial

Edit: They don't look anything alike
Ford Bronco My first drive of a 2.3L Bronco Sasquatch 4-Door (quick review and answers)! R221e813f07510f1ef3c079c8c8ac8f57

Ford Bronco My first drive of a 2.3L Bronco Sasquatch 4-Door (quick review and answers)! vehicle (9)
Sponsored