Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have never been in the MGV seats , so can’t compare. They felt fine, comfortable, really not noticeable in a big way positive or negative other than I quickly got comfortable and had plenty of adjustment. It did seem like the seat bottoms were slightly longer than the Ranger, which are noticeably short. I went MGV, but didn’t find the cloth objectionable.
Thanks

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a pretty awesome opportunity tonight. Another forum member got a lead on a Bronco near me. Within a few minutes, I was on my way to check it out. 2.3L Sasquatch Big Bend Mid-Package 4-Door Rapid Red. I have owned a Jeep TJ and Driven a JK, so I had a certain baseline in mind.

It exceeded my expectations for ride, noise, handling, drive-ability, interior space, driving position, really just f*ing outstanding. Went over some surface streets, some 50mph roads, dirt roads. No HWY driving (I was in heaven just getting to sit in one). I was not disappointed in any way.

The Bronco was in 4A mostly (SQ remember) also put it in sport mode and standard 2wd. The modes were noticeable, but we weren't doing anything crazy, so no review of the modes themselves.

Some answers (to questions in thread):

Good, almost the same as my sons 2.3 Ranger FX4. Great low end, solid drive ability , reasonably quiet. Solid choice and if the delay is to great, I will change my order without worry.

I am nothing if not persistent. Must be some sort of magic pixie dust, but regular driving the motor was excellent. I didn’t put the coal to it, but acceleration was solid up to posted speeds. Easily better than my LJ 4.0 6sp even with 35s.

Maybe not faster, but neck and neck? I was never in a Boss 302 , but lots of time in several built early 70s Mach 1s that ran low 14s and the Bronco , seat of the pants, was not quite that, at least in SQ 4dr auto trim.

100%, I like jeeps, owned a nice TJ, tried to like the JK, it is not in the same universe as the Jeep, head and shoulders better. It was as good or better than my sons 2020 FX4 Ranger even with the 35s. It is excellent.

My time was limited and I was pretty overwhelmed trying to take it all in, but my initial thought was, my daughter could jump in this and be comfortable driving immediately. Thats with 35' tires and a lift! Much better driving/seating than my Jeep, blind spots didn't jump out at me, but I was bedazzled.

6' 230, seat was great for the brief time I was in it, soft top headroom is a non issue for anyone under 6'3' at least, probably more. Seat had plenty of travel, rear seat room seemed good with my driver seat comfortable.

No, but did not go over 55. Tires were relatively quiet/not noticeable as well. Again, I was taking in a lot of information in a short time.

I have never been in the MGV seats , so can’t compare. They felt fine, comfortable, really not noticeable in a big way positive or negative other than I quickly got comfortable and had plenty of adjustment. It did seem like the seat bottoms were slightly longer than the Ranger, which are noticeably short. I went MGV, but didn’t find the cloth objectionable.

Not noticeable in my brief experience, likely similar to my 2018 cloth f150?

Very, in a good way! It was really excellent, no way you would guess you were driving a full frame mid size suv with 35” all terrains.

Similar, but I didn’t focus on it. That would be my second choice as well, but after being up close and personal, I am all in on the Bronco. It is my second Bronco and both looked great. This solidified my decision for sure.

View attachment 84104 View attachment 84105 View attachment 84106 View attachment 84107 View attachment 84108 View attachment 84109 View attachment 84110 View attachment 84111 View attachment 84112
Did you order the Lux on your Bronco? Just wondering what you thought of the Mid package?

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great report and envious of your encounter. MI born and raised but away from the homeland +30 years.
Confirming that my order for a 4-dr, 2.7L Badlands Mid/Tow is the right play. So the soft top was reasonably quiet? Thinking about going that route and waiting to order a HT later.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very, in a good way! It was really excellent, no way you would guess you were driving a full frame mid size suv with 35” all terrains.
That is exactly what I wanted to know, and what i was hoping for. Great!

I cant wait to get a Bronco.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a pretty awesome opportunity tonight. Another forum member got a lead on a Bronco near me. Within a few minutes, I was on my way to check it out. 2.3L Sasquatch Big Bend Mid-Package 4-Door Rapid Red. I have owned a Jeep TJ and Driven a JK, so I had a certain baseline in mind.

It exceeded my expectations for ride, noise, handling, drive-ability, interior space, driving position, really just f*ing outstanding. Went over some surface streets, some 50mph roads, dirt roads. No HWY driving (I was in heaven just getting to sit in one). I was not disappointed in any way.

The Bronco was in 4A mostly (SQ remember) also put it in sport mode and standard 2wd. The modes were noticeable, but we weren't doing anything crazy, so no review of the modes themselves.

Some answers (to questions in thread):

Good, almost the same as my sons 2.3 Ranger FX4. Great low end, solid drive ability , reasonably quiet. Solid choice and if the delay is to great, I will change my order without worry.

I am nothing if not persistent. Must be some sort of magic pixie dust, but regular driving the motor was excellent. I didn’t put the coal to it, but acceleration was solid up to posted speeds. Easily better than my LJ 4.0 6sp even with 35s.

Maybe not faster, but neck and neck? I was never in a Boss 302 , but lots of time in several built early 70s Mach 1s that ran low 14s and the Bronco , seat of the pants, was not quite that, at least in SQ 4dr auto trim.

100%, I like jeeps, owned a nice TJ, tried to like the JK, it is not in the same universe as the Jeep, head and shoulders better. It was as good or better than my sons 2020 FX4 Ranger even with the 35s. It is excellent.

My time was limited and I was pretty overwhelmed trying to take it all in, but my initial thought was, my daughter could jump in this and be comfortable driving immediately. Thats with 35' tires and a lift! Much better driving/seating than my Jeep, blind spots didn't jump out at me, but I was bedazzled.

6' 230, seat was great for the brief time I was in it, soft top headroom is a non issue for anyone under 6'3' at least, probably more. Seat had plenty of travel, rear seat room seemed good with my driver seat comfortable.

No, but did not go over 55. Tires were relatively quiet/not noticeable as well. Again, I was taking in a lot of information in a short time.

Not noticeable in my brief experience, likely similar to my 2018 cloth f150?

Similar, but I didn’t focus on it. That would be my second choice as well, but after being up close and personal, I am all in on the Bronco. It is my second Bronco and both looked great. This solidified my decision for sure.

View attachment 84104 View attachment 84105 View attachment 84106 View attachment 84107 View attachment 84108 View attachment 84109 View attachment 84110 View attachment 84111 View attachment 84112
Nice review! Got us all looking forward to our joy ride as well..

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the 8 inch screen? Did it seem to be more than enough screen size? I'm really torn between the BD and the Badlands. I want the MGV and sport mode which BD has. But I also want the signature lighting and 12 inch screen (but I lose sport mode) in BL. Was the sport mode "peppy" or a noticeable difference? Thanks.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pictures looked great! I'm really liking the Rapid Red color and squatch.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Amazing info, thanks! How was step-in height, maybe compared to an F-150?

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Verrry nice. Maybe it's the photo angle but what's with the crazy looking incline on the passenger seat? Anything you didn't like?

nco-big-bend-4-door-soft-top-first-test-ride-3-jpg.jpg

Tell him to ring you up when he's got one with the mystical 2.7L engine so you can tell us what it's like.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing info, thanks! How was step-in height, maybe compared to an F-150?
Similar to my F150 and better than I expected, but it had steps, so kind of hard to know how it would be without.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found the upfitter switch relay box

Ford Bronco My first drive of a 2.3L Bronco Sasquatch 4-Door (quick review and answers)! nco-big-bend-4-door-soft-top-first-test-ride-3-
Where the heck is my ARB compressor to fit? That bay is pretty cramped with the 2.3!

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please tell me no one is getting fired because of your little joy ride!!! That’s really awesome, congratulations. And thanks for the feedback.
I hope not, he was a great guy and was really interested in my feedback. He represented the Bronco well and he was excited to hear my opinion. I can tell you he was not trying to do anything but let a Bronco enthusiast get his geek on and understand my thoughts about the Bronco. They will start hitting dealers soon for demos and tons of people will drive them. He was very careful not to tell me any “secrets” or launch dates etc. I don't think I saw, said or got any information that has not been public before either, I just happen to be a forum member and order holder vs. a tester or the press. We have heard all of these same comments from people before and they seem to hold true. I grew up in a Ford town and have driven a ton of “pool” cars over the years, including pre-production. I will admit, I am a Ford Fanboy, having bought 17 new Fords and 4 used, including three Broncos. I am probably a good person to get a look at one in person ? I have also owned a Jeep and a few Chevrolet vehicles (one Toyota) too, to mix it up btw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great report and envious of your encounter. MI born and raised but away from the homeland +30 years.
Confirming that my order for a 4-dr, 2.7L Badlands Mid/Tow is the right play. So the soft top was reasonably quiet? Thinking about going that route and waiting to order a HT later.
It seems fine, but the highway is were it will need to be tested to get a feel. The material and frame seemed good. I liked the look overall, but I am not getting a soft top, so it wasn’t a focus of mine.
Sponsored