Sponsored

Pricing for Ford Performance Parts winch by Warn?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would like to not worry about interfering with trail or 360 road cameras or even carrying around the weight and extended bumper for parking lots. A nice simple receiver hitch integrated into the FRONT bumper would be optimum. Anytime I am on the road I can get out using another vehicle (usually around to help) and mainly used the winch to get myself out of trouble when I was alone, always carried a pull pal (land anchor) which is money in the desert without any trees around. Would put in quick power disconnects and throw it in the back when I hit the trails, otherwise have a mean looking bumper loaded with LEDs...
The winch on the front was alway a problem (my green LR Disco II clean just before taking onto Joshua tree) if you need to reverse to get out of trashing something. Receiver mounted winch on front and/or back was always better and pick any winch you want to use. The looks of a front winch, is agreed, meaner but 90% of then I see still have the factory cable perfectly wound around the drum... mall crawler.

Winch on Bumper.png

Winch on reciever.jpeg

Winch reciever bumper.png

Winch reciever plate.jpeg

Winch on mount.jpeg

Clean Rover_1.JPG
I love the idea as well, I wonder if someone will make a receiver adapter for the Badlands modular front bumper? I like its low profile and I'm hoping I don't have to spend money on a aftermarket front bumper with the receiver, does anyone know if that may be possible?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of all the dilemmas for me, the factory vs aftermarket on this topic worries me the most. I KNOW aftermarket will eventually solve all, but at what cost?

The factory Modular Front (I'm guessing) takes everything into account except the trail camera. (E.g. intercooler, front sensors, etc).

But of course their winch shelf is ugly. Hoping that B&P, sorts it out, but I may just have to buy the factory option for now and hope that I can get some of that back when Aftermarket catches up.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to not worry about interfering with trail or 360 road cameras or even carrying around the weight and extended bumper for parking lots. A nice simple receiver hitch integrated into the FRONT bumper would be optimum. Anytime I am on the road I can get out using another vehicle (usually around to help) and mainly used the winch to get myself out of trouble when I was alone, always carried a pull pal (land anchor) which is money in the desert without any trees around. Would put in quick power disconnects and throw it in the back when I hit the trails, otherwise have a mean looking bumper loaded with LEDs...
The winch on the front was alway a problem (my green LR Disco II clean just before taking onto Joshua tree) if you need to reverse to get out of trashing something. Receiver mounted winch on front and/or back was always better and pick any winch you want to use. The looks of a front winch, is agreed, meaner but 90% of then I see still have the factory cable perfectly wound around the drum... mall crawler.

Winch on Bumper.png

Winch on reciever.jpeg

Winch reciever bumper.png

Winch reciever plate.jpeg

Winch on mount.jpeg

Clean Rover_1.JPG
Yes, I need a hitch mount, that is what I have always done. Put i on when I know i might get into something, (ice, snow, off road). Can easily put in on front or back depending on the situation.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just looked at this video from the HF site that indicates the control box can be relocated to a remote location. That might make it low enough to clear the view of the camera.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not about all American all the time, but walking into HF feels like walking into downtown Beijing and just throwing them my money.....HF definitely has some fair stuff at low prices, but they have a LOT of crap.

Sponsored

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am also not a fan of the winch mounting, I have seen in the pictures. Sure it is retro but I much prefer the winch tucked nicely, discreetly, and safely in the bumper.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just looked at this video from the HF site that indicates the control box can be relocated to a remote location. That might make it low enough to clear the view of the camera.
As Karl mentioned above, most winch control boxes can be relocated:
The solenoid on the Warn, like on many winches, can be relocated.
Ford Bronco Pricing for Ford Performance Parts winch by Warn? VR_EVO_control_pack_c710-8o

Ford Bronco Pricing for Ford Performance Parts winch by Warn? qyc94fl7zagpvssvvxsu

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As Karl mentioned above, most winch control boxes can be relocated:

Ford Bronco Pricing for Ford Performance Parts winch by Warn? qyc94fl7zagpvssvvxsu

After thinking about it a bit more, it wouldn't surprise me if the grill mounted trail camera was lensed wide enough so it covers close to, or the edge of, the front bumper. At least that's he way I would have done it. If that's the case, then the only option to not block part of the view with a winch would be to relocate the camera, since apparently there isn't room to mount it behind either the OEM modular bumper and an aftermarket bumper would likely need to be moved forward and/or up to allow room behind it causing the same issue. If so, it would be a bit of a design oversight for a vehicle with such an obvious off-road design goal.

A front mounted receiver is looking better and better. Too bad the "modular" front bumper doesn't appear to allow for that kind of configuration.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not about all American all the time, but walking into HF feels like walking into downtown Beijing and just throwing them my money.....HF definitely has some fair stuff at low prices, but they have a LOT of crap.
Funny thing is that many of those winches are all made from the same manufacturer in China. The difference in price is just the name and the QA. Harbor Freight just plays the odds thus their warranty.

I know my Engo wench basically is the same as all the other cheaper ones like Smitty, Badlands, etc... just hoping their QA is better :)

Sponsored

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the warn witch Zeno 10k platinum on the market is $1700, that leave $800 for the mount so sounds about right

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just hope it’s the Warn Zeon Platinum.