North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hence me posting this CNN article in this thread.
Thank you for posting the article, I've updated my eariler post to better state what I was trying to convey:
"Thank you for the link, it is good to understand how this is impacting the automotive industry."

Some people earlier in the thread said this would never be an issue, such as:
IF this was true we would see it throughout all Car Company products....probably all products that use microchips. We have not and are not seeing this. Side note, we are told there are delays due to Covid, materials, etc. Focusing on materials....WHY is the Bronco Sport launch seem to be going off without a glitch? Other Manufacturer's products? They are being produced and showing up all across the US, even to small dealerships.
Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF this was true we would see it throughout all Car Company products....probably all products that use microchips. We have not and are not seeing this. Side note, we are told there are delays due to Covid, materials, etc. Focusing on materials....WHY is the Bronco Sport launch seem to be going off without a glitch? Other Manufacturer's products? They are being produced and showing up all across the US, even to small dealerships.
This is 100% a true story. They already shut down 1 plant. And many other industry are affected.
The reason the Bronco sport production is not slowed down is they already have the inventory purchased and most likely delivered.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My post absolutely had no politics in it..gets deleted because it said it had politics in it.

Not cool mod
We have seen the forum mods delete posts in the past when people stray into social commentary. In the end those type of posts always ended up in the political blame game as the source of all social ills, that may have been why your post got deleted.

Last edited:

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't need to..in the 1940's through the mid 1970's you only needed one household earner to have a nice home, car etc. you had way more children and less suicides.

Today very few households are a single earner, less children (if any), suicides are crazy high, at that time we imported nothing , we made everything here. 1971 it all changed..china was a poor country it was having food crisis..at that point we moved manufacturing from USA to china, 40 years later we went down and now they are wealthy and about to take the top spot in the world. Not because they did anything special but offshore our wealth to them.

When an item ..let's say a pair of shoes is made in china ..about $2 to make, they sell for $80 and up in the USA.. obviously the cost savings doesn't go to the consumer..it all gets pocketed.

Soon for you "electric car lovers" you won't be able to own your car. You will be on a platform..this is much harder to do with gas powered vehicles. The car will drive you, you will be a user of the platform and pay a nominal fee. If you are bad they will deplatform you ..then what? Ride your bike I guess. Tesla already does this ..when you buy a Tesla used they can remotely turn off options and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. But hey you will have agreed to the terms..they are a private company..get off their platform.

Btw ..Chinese don't work for slave labor anymore ..it not our wages but they are rising fast there.
Hate to tell you this but the majority of the chips they are taking about are made in the UK. The supplier had a massive for that is affecting many companies.

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for posting the article, I've updated my eariler post to better state what I was trying to convey:
"Thank you for the link, it is good to understand how this is impacting the automotive industry."

Some people earlier in the thread said this would never be an issue, such as:
You; " Some people earlier in the thread said this would never be an issue, such as: "...referring to me. I NEVER said that! All I questioned is WHY are we seeing many 2021 products from various Brands including the 2021 Bronco Sport on lots...seemingly without interruption. I can read, I see some other models are having production issue....but I am also seeing a lot of new 2021 models arriving and on sale on lots right now too. That is all....

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You; " Some people earlier in the thread said this would never be an issue, such as: "...referring to me. I NEVER said that! All I questioned is WHY are we seeing many 2021 products from various Brands including the 2021 Bronco Sport on lots...seemingly without interruption. I can read, I see some other models are having production issue....but I am also seeing a lot of new 2021 models arriving and on sale on lots right now too. That is all....
Sorry if you took offense, your post was just one example. It takes very little to disrupt JIT, Just In Time manufacturing.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

More impacts to more automakers, Toyota, Honda, GM, VW, Fiat and this statement from Ford.
“The global semiconductor shortage is presenting challenges and production disruptions,” Ford Motor Co. said in an emailed statement. The carmaker is working to prioritize key vehicle lines, “making the most of our semiconductor allocation.” In North America, Ford is idling a factory in Kentucky."
Chip shortage snarls auto output worldwide

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes this is very real. I work at one of the two Ford plants in Louisville, KY and Ford shut down the other Louisville plant and also Chicago. Kansas City cut back all overtime and they send all their chips to us to use since we are the #1 plant in the Ford system. Only going to get worse because it’s a bidding war for these semiconductors. They go in all the gaming systems and now these factories are selling to the higher bids.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes this is very real. I work at one of the two Ford plants in Louisville, KY and Ford shut down the other Louisville plant and also Chicago. Kansas City cut back all overtime and they send all their chips to us to use since we are the #1 plant in the Ford system. Only going to get worse because it’s a bidding war for these semi conductors. They go in all the gaming systems and now these factories are selling to the higher bids.
Sooo...you’re sayin the PS5 may get in way of my 25 yr wait for the Bronco? Figures.

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My post absolutely had no politics in it..gets deleted because it said it had politics in it.

Not cool mod
Seems to be an ever increasing amount of “Censorship” going on! Guess we know who is running the show here!

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sooo...you’re sayin the PS5 may get in way of my 25 yr wait for the Bronco? Figures.
I know it sounds silly but that is exactly correct. Companies that have been using these chips for a long time have already had orders in. The car companies are starting to use them more and more so it’s getting real slim. Ford does not shut plants down very willingly. We built 3000 trucks last night without the chips and filled up our parking lots until the chips came in on a flight around midnight.

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

believe or not that is exactly correct. Companies that have been using these chips for a long time have already had orders in. The car companies are starting to use them more and more so it’s getting real slim. Ford does not shut plants down very willingly. We built 3000 trucks last night without the chips and filled up our parking lots until the chips came in on a flight around midnight.
Does that mean the supply constraint is a day behind or weeks and months? Are there unchipped F150’s parked in Walmart’s across Kentucky?

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does that mean the supply constraint is a day behind or weeks and months? Are there unchipped F150’s parked in Walmart’s across Kentucky?
We don’t make the F150. We make the Super Duty’s F250, F350, F450, F550, Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. We got chips in last night and put them in the vehicles sitting on the lot.
Sponsored

Last edited: