Sponsored

[Video Added] 2023 Ranger Raptor Spied Testing With Bronco Warthog!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your comment/mentally is why it took 11 years for a manufacturer (Dodge) to finally produce a truck to compete with the Raptor.

And I just don't understand your hate for the Warthog. Have you even driven a Raptor? If no, please drive one and you will understand why 3 scoops of ice-cream is better than 1.

And everyone criticized Ford for releasing the raptor in 2010 ... who in the hell will buy a baja truck? Well 11 years later, the Raptor has become an icon. And icon soon to release the Gen3.

The Warthog when it is released will prove that it is not a "misguided concept for a product" and will absolutely CRUSH it!

Seems like a misguided concept for a product.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is a whole 0.3L more engine really going to make anyone ‘wow’?
I didn't cite any particular engine. But what if they touted a 450hp something something for the warthog? Just on numbers alone, that would steal a few regular Bronco reservations

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
the power of the 3.0 ecoboob is around 400hp which is the 2.7 with a tune.

so no. it also doesnt change towing much
So basically what I said, no one will notice or care that it has an engine 0.3L bigger. Taking the sleeper status very seriously.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't cite any particular engine. But what if they touted a 450hp something something for the warthog? Just on numbers alone, that would steal a few regular Bronco reservations
Eh, the could cite 500HP but it’s still a small engine that’s 0.3L bigger than the next in line. I can’t see any reason to pay more if I’m stuck at that size.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your comment/mentally is why it took 11 years for a manufacturer (Dodge) to finally produce a truck to compete with the Raptor.

And I just don't understand your hate for the Warthog. Have you even driven a Raptor? If no, please drive one and you will understand why 3 scoops of ice-cream is better than 1.
I hate the warthog because as a product it doesnt make sense for the price tag im sure its going to be at.

Ford has a desert runner trim , its called the wildtrack. Why make another one when only some people in the country have access to dunes? Why make that the "premium" badass bronco?

Its not complex. Jeep is putting a v8 in their vehicle and despite its outrageous cost , it will sell like hot cakes.

Ford is making a mistake putting some ecoboob with 100 extra horses into a jacked up wildtrack.

Give the people what they want. And if you look at the comments of everything ford has posted on the bronco , they want a v8.

If they want to go eco , put the powerboost in it , its even more powerful and utilitarian.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
1 - The Reg bronco is just that .. regular. The Warthog like the Raptor will be a Ford Performance vehicle and like every other FP product, it will be special and will far exceed the base vehicle in every aspect.

2 - And just because you don't want it does not mean others will not. Hell, where are you in Maryland? I plan to get the Warthog and I will swing by and take you for a ride.

Again, the warthog will absolutely CRUSH it when it comes out.

Give the people what they want. And if you look at the comments of everything ford has posted on the bronco , they want a v8.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya but....

more of what?

The wildtrack is amazing and unless this car has a new engine or somethin that REALLY sets it apart, all that suspension stuff can be done better by the aftermarket.

Why would anybody pay 70k for a dealership "desert runner" with basically the same engine as the wildtrak when the desert is only a small geographic part of the country?

Seems like a misguided concept for a product.

If it has a v8 or a powerboost that really makes it powerful i will shut my mouth but as of right now it seems like a REALLY dumb product.
In my state, I think I’m obligated to buy a Warthog. It’s probably a requirement to maintain in-state residency for tax purposes. 😂

Last edited:

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 - The Reg bronco is just that .. regular. The Warthog like the Raptor will be a Ford performance vehicle and like every other FP product, it will be special and will far exceed the base vehicle in every aspect.

2 - And just because you don't want it does not mean others will not. Hell, where are you in Maryland? I plan to get the Warthog and I will swing by and take you for a ride.

Again, the warthog will absolutely CRUSH it when it comes out.
>far exceed

no.

the 2.7 with a tune in an f150 crew cab can hit 60mph in 4 seconds. and some tunes will push the engine to 500hp. A small increase in displacement for the bronco "performance" is a joke and an insult.

The new raptor is getting a SUPERCHARGED v8 that hits 700hp. This argument that you are making that this is fords "performance" version of the bronco is missing something.....

performance lol.

All it would take for ford to make this product amazing is a v8 or a powerboost. Nothing more nothing less. when they unveil this thing and people realize the engine is a joke it will receive the exact reaction that the bronco sport got.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you drive a CRV so I don't believe what you have to say.

I get it. You don't like the warthog .. then don't get one.

>far exceed

no.

the 2.7 with a tune in an f150 crew cab can hit 60mph in 4 seconds. and some tunes will push the engine to 500hp. A small increase in displacement for the bronco "performance" is a joke and an insult.

The new raptor is getting a SUPERCHARGED v8 that hits 700hp. This argument that you are making that this is fords "performance" version of the bronco is missing something.....

performance lol.

All it would take for ford to make this product amazing is a v8 or a powerboost. Nothing more nothing less.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, the could cite 500HP but it’s still a small engine that’s 0.3L bigger than the next in line. I can’t see any reason to pay more if I’m stuck at that size.
Boost makes up for small displacement real quick..

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you drive a CRV so I don't believe what you have to say.

I get it. You don't like the warthog .. then don't get one.
what a lame argument lol

yea i drive a CRV my grandmother gave it to me as my first car and its been great.

3.0 ecoboost is a joke when compared to the fact that the 2.7 is in standard broncos. and if they plan to sell a warthog at 70k with an engine that yawn enducing , it wont sell at all.

Meanwhile jeep will be selling their hemi's like its going out of style even if they are pushing 80 grand and going over 60mph causes the car to fall to peices on the highway

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Boost makes up for small displacement real quick..
Well then give me boost on a normal sized engine. I have plenty of experience with turbos both in diesel and gas engines, including Fords 2.7L.
My driveway has N/A engines exclusively, part of that reason is because turbos are being used to make up the shortcoming of engines too small for the applications they are being used in.

Regardless that is neither here nor there. Ford wants to sell a halo vehicle but give it an engine that doesn’t jive with the vehicle.
Sponsored