redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know how I can be any more clear. This is incorrect.

Thank you. This is the point I have been trying to make for a looooooong time. Now don't get pissed at me. I have read more than one person here say you can't buy a base Wrangler and you won't be able to buy a base Bronco.

I know it's not 1997 any more but even back then I bought, are you ready for it, a 97 Jeep TJ, NO A.C., NO ABS, NO POWER ANTHING. But it was a Sport that had 15x8 wheels and 30x9 tires, NO other model had those, skid plates, stick, 6 cyl. AN OFF ROAD VEHICLE PLAIN JANE JUST WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE.

Hell I could even bypass the neutral safety switch for the clutch so you could start it in gear !!!!!. Before anyone asks why, it is marginally effective. ????

I just have been hoping and praying Ford will do the same. Make it so you can get OFF ROAD STUFF WITHOUT THE FLUFF.

??
Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they Ford does it right yes offer a true "base" model like the Wrangler. Plenty of Jeep folks buy the Sport then build it up with aftermarket parts or take offs for sale and it becomes a budget build.
BINGO GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR !!!!!!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Others here with inside knowledge said Bronco base model won't compare to Wrangler base model (Sport), but more like Wrangler Sport S:confused:

Now we are getting somewhere price of a sport but optioned like an S because of the stuff that is standard on the Broncos.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now we are getting somewhere price of a sport but optioned like an S because of the stuff that is standard on the Broncos.
Isn't that what Chripy was saying all along? Actually 37 times? Only thing, it will be priced like an S.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So the Mach E reservation process states you aren't guaranteed anything. It mostly just gives you an outlet to hand Ford a deposit. You need to go to a dealer to actually order a car and find out then what the price is.
Exactly, but what you are guaranteed is when you go to the dealer they know you are a serious buyer and will be less willing to negotiate on price. I prefer not to start from a position of one hand tied behind my back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't that what Chripy was saying all along? Actually 37 times? Only thing, it will be priced like an S.
yes. Multiple people with inside info have been beating the dead horse saying there will not be a Bronco that’s a Sport competitor only a Sport S.

that being said. Yes things can change. Ford could easily offer a cheap base model.

but it is 2020 and not 1997 any more. Gone are the days of crank windows manual locks no ac or radio exct.

basically the only time auto makers offer that kind of package anymore is for fleet sales. Because companies want the cheapest as possible and will buy a lot of them at once making up for the profit margins (See Escape S)

Once you understand the market and really look at what people are buying vs what the few are asking for it becomes clear.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it follows the Ranger, FX4 will be available at all trim levels. You can get an XL trim Ranger with the FX4 package. It forces you to take the STX appearance package, but that's the only upgrade the FX4 forces on the Ranger.
Yep, sorry if I was not clear in my ramble I meant I would want something equal to the xlt trim level, not necessarily the base but not the highest either (not including the raptor since it will be a little longer). That would be cool as noted that options will be available across trims. I would like the push button start the 17 escape has spoiled me with that bigtime.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1st:
Generally, the consensus would be : If there is very cheap financing available , 0%, 1% ...a few % .... take adavantage of that and put the cash to work for you in some other manner. "Free money"

Some folks might use low APR's to afford more vehicle, probably not wise to make yourself "car rich" considering most vehicles are extremely poor investment choices.....which is another reason to not dump all your cash on hand into an "asset" that will only depreciate.

2nd:
Redefine "asset" as ONLY something that actively puts money in your hand. Most defnitely not a car. Usually not a house that you live in either....

Do you have a house yet? That MIGHT be a lot better place to sink your money if you do not own your own. MIGHT.... there are no guarantees.
Not a true asset, but a damn sight better than a car.

I don't think I have ever profitted from the dozens of vehicles I have owned, they are "expendable".
I have profitted on the two houses I have lived in and sold, and this one I'm in now, I will possibly be able to payoff the next house completely when I sell.

Sorry. Class over. lol

Very good points and unfortunately not enough of this logic is taught. Granted I am not wanting to spend the money but on the other side of that coin is buying something less than what you want/can afford and end up regretting it and losing more money. My family has a saying "broke people cant afford to buy cheap tihs". Not that I am broke but want that value for my $$$.

Since growing into an adult...or one somewhat resembling one the wife and I have tried to at least keep cars for 10yrs and have done that. Some even longer, I bought my 94 mustang in May or June of 99 so 21yrs ago. I plan on doing the same with the bronco I can honestly seeing myself keeping it for decades as to me it is something versatile enough to keep running be it a engine or trans replacement. So in spending a bit more but planning on keeping price becomes less important.

You are 110% on point that at the end of the day cars are expendable so putting your financial stability on the line is just dangerous.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly, but what you are guaranteed is when you go to the dealer they know you are a serious buyer and will be less willing to negotiate on price. I prefer not to start from a position of one hand tied behind my back.
Is there any other choice, other than to wait for them to hit dealers ?

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any other choice, other than to wait for them to hit dealers ?
Best decision if you’re willing to wait. Is wait for a decent inventory at dealerships then negotiate. Otherwise yes if you pre-order and want a specific model the dealership is definitely going to take you for a ride.

The price you pay for wanting a brand new vehicle

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The price you pay for wanting a brand new vehicle
Exactly what I'm fearing on Bronco. No discounts, possibly no plan pricing. Meanwhile, Jeep will likely be offering all kind of incentives to draw customers away.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since growing into an adult...or one somewhat resembling one the wife and I have tried to at least keep cars for 10yrs and have done that. Some even longer,
In recent years, I've considered that there MAY be a thing of holding on to a car TOO long. At some point the value is near nothing while the cost of a new one has continued to go up. That is what happened with the last NEW vehicle I bought...17 years and 180k miles.
I'm considering holding just long enough to payoff, then sell and buy a new one with the proceeds as a down payment .... just to see how it works out for me.

Exactly what I'm fearing on Bronco. No discounts, possibly no plan pricing. Meanwhile, Jeep will likely be offering all kind of incentives to draw customers away.
It has been noted here MANY MANY times that at an expected 200,000 units per year across the Bronco "brand", plan pricing will be available, it just tends to make sense. It is not expected to be a "specialty" vehicle like the Raptors or various Limited Edition Mustangs. Patience has been a key thing with this project, since day one after the first UAW leak. When they hit the showrooms, IF there is price gouging going on ...wait a few months, it will settle down.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I cant beleive yall are already talking about selling your bronco and you havent even really seen it yet. I know its gonna be good and i dont plan on selling it unless it is to buy food when if i become dead broke. This bronco is going to be special. Especially the early ones if you sell it in 5 or 10 years you will be sorry in 20 or 30. Just like Greenland, ICE is disappearing, this may be the last hardcore offroader built that doesnt run on electrons. Sure an escape or fusion might be expendable but not a Bronco. Otherwise why would any one bother to watch its release so intensely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
thats just for the first 3 months or so. After that It will be open season! (Probably beat 2022 model launch) those 2021 modes WILL sell out and near MSRP. Or over. Just because people WILL pay for it just to have the new shiny toy

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In recent years, I've considered that there MAY be a thing of holding on to a car TOO long. At some point the value is near nothing while the cost of a new one has continued to go up. That is what happened with the last NEW vehicle I bought...17 years and 180k miles.
I'm considering holding just long enough to payoff, then sell and buy a new one with the proceeds as a down payment .... just to see how it works out for me.
Completely agree 90-95% of the time and I think 10yrs is the max for that percentage. The Mustang I have my 6yr old daughter wants and loves riding in it with me. I hope to pass it to her when she is 16...she even "helped" me change the header gaskets last year.

I think Mustangs and the like cycle to an extent with a following willing and desiring to fix them. I would put a Bronco in that bucket as well as a future classic. A fusion or most other cars are not in that bubble of timeless to an extent...some are always more desirable but I don't see anyone 20yrs from now willing to put in time and money to fix up any fusion.
Sponsored