Sponsored

Are 2 door modular hardtop windows removable?

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heres the timeline:

- Mike Levine early on tweets total number of removable parts on both mod tops as 6. (This would include windows.)

- Ford lists removable pieces and states rear windows on both tops.

- Ford rep at NYSE event (Aug) state’s pre-production two doors don’t yet, but production units will.

- Ford Rep at super cell west (Sept) states the two door (there?) doesn’t have removable windows. (Not sure he meant just that unit or in general. Was also wrong about other stuff)

-Ford rep at super cell east (Oct) states that both 2 and 4 door will have removable windows.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/q-a-from-bronco-super-celebration-east.6462/

Somewhere in there I may have even missed our inside man confirming as well.

So, based on all that, yes, until I hear otherwise I am sticking to the belief that the 2-door will have removable windows.

(In the very least, Ford still intends for them to be removable and I have no indication that’s not still the case.)
Thank you for that summary.

While a long time ago, the Bronco II windows were also intended to be removable, and it never happened. I'm extremely skeptical of the 2021.

I can say rolling safari top style is the holy grail for me. I often wonder if people realize how miserable topless can be... The ability to keep the roof rack is huge, especially with the limited cargo space.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While a long time ago, the Bronco II windows were also intended to be removable, and it never happened. I'm extremely skeptical of the 2021.
Thanks! I didn’t know that. Those windows always looked terrible to me. If they had been removable, they would have at least had a function.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find no reason to believe that it would not be removable. I would love to see it demonstrated as well. So, I understand your frustration on that part. Maybe it’s coming soon? We got those sweet carpet headliners tonight for the MIC top. ? Maybe the 2DR Mod top is next.
Your comment Reminded me of this:
Ford Bronco Are 2 door modular hardtop windows removable? A2838D11-D277-42EA-8E30-BBBAD439AC31

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We got those sweet carpet headliners tonight for the MIC top.
Is the headliner for the MOD top different?? That must'a slipped by me.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is the headliner for the MOD top different?? That must'a slipped by me.
Sorry, wasn’t meaning to imply a difference. I do hope that the Mod top has some built in sound deadening. My Isuzu does, and they did it without the use of glued on carpet. ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
from the latest leaked pics...

I'm still doubting the windows will be removable.

Ford Bronco Are 2 door modular hardtop windows removable? 1612228861005

I've got my order in. I ultimately decided on MIC for the lighter weight and to minimize trail branch scratches. Gloss black would show everything. I also would have wanted the rear glass to be removable. I just couldn't justify the extra cost and likely delay for the Mod top when there is so much unknown.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from the latest leaked pics...

I'm still doubting the windows will be removable.

Ford Bronco Are 2 door modular hardtop windows removable? 1612228861005

I've got my order in. I ultimately decided on MIC for the lighter weight and to minimize trail branch scratches. Gloss black would show everything. I also would have wanted the rear glass to be removable. I just couldn't justify the extra cost and likely delay for the Mod top when there is so much unknown.
How are you still doubting the windows are removable when that picture shows the windows removed?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When i saw that picture I thought the glass was out of the rear windows. No reflections.

grinnergetter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 SD, 73 F250, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford, just lose the whole modular however many piece roof altogether and just give us a one piece roof as the early Bronco’s did and alleviate all the recalls and moisture problems that are going to happen.
Your new accessory item can be a hoist that one can attach in a garage to lift roof off. Must be able to be done by one person.

Sponsored

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OFFS. Stand by.
I made this when it was finally confirmed by Ford.

Ford Bronco Are 2 door modular hardtop windows removable? 1612230485101
Obviously no matter what you post he will still be in denial of your info.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing it in Buena Vista, CO I stated that I felt the quarter glass in the two door was at or over 3 feet in length and possibly not removeable. I have seen what Zack and others have posted and I WANT TO BELIEVE. However.... I would like to see a photo and I don't believe it's removed from the Rapid Red example posted just above.

I'm with the OP on this one. The 4 door is a much smaller piece of glass.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seeing it in Buena Vista, CO I stated that I felt the quarter glass in the two door was at or over 3 feet in length and possibly not removeable. I have seen what Zack and others have posted and I WANT TO BELIEVE. However.... I would like to see a photo and I don't believe it's removed from the Rapid Red example posted just above.

I'm with the OP on this one. The 4 door is a much smaller piece of glass.
Those tops are delivered built from Webasto to Ford. Why would there be missing glass on the 2-door unless it is removable?

Additionally, Ford has stated numerous times it is removable.

Additionally additionally, only *once* did a Ford rep state it wasn’t removable, and it seems that they were referring to just that preproduction prototype unit...

Additionally additionally additionally another Ford rep stated, when asked the exact same question on the 2-door, that the glass on that specific unit wasn’t, but the final models will be removable.

In summation, we only have evidence, more and more by the day, that they are removable... including explicit statements from the manufacturer. The only evidence to the contrary is forum posters looking at pictures saying they don’t believe it.

How could anyone take all this to imply the jury is still out on this?

Ford Bronco Are 2 door modular hardtop windows removable? 1FAD0BB8-F3DE-4750-AD3D-F00D2B125501

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jackie Chan meme aside... "Ford Reps" have said a lot over the course of 7-8 months. I'm kinda in the mode of "Show Me".

Let's just say I have my doubts on how the air flow around the vehicle during highway speeds will react to these openings.

Additionally, No more from me I promise. Thanks for the information Zack.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's just say I have my doubts on how the air flow around the vehicle during highway speeds will react to these openings.
Have you ever rolled down the rear windows on a vehicle before? I've taken this risk so you don't have to. The result....air comes in the window and creates some air movement in the cabin. That's it.

What's your concern? Windows down in the back is nothing new.
Sponsored