Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I concluded the same, that the the trucks are likely the same and is why I selected these pictures for comparison. It is obvious the bright factory lighting 'distorts' the color as it will appear in
natural light. That said, FORD has allowed several of the distorted factory pictures to be
published in various sites. My point is that because FORD has decided to initially market
the BRONCO as a pre-order, or Built To Order (BTO) vehicle that they need to provide accurate
renderings of the various configurations so that buyers can make informed choices.
Not possible. People who have seen the various Bronco Body colors in person have commented that the pictures on the web do not match the actual in person color. Light quality has a lot to do with it. Because Ford has been more transparent than most new model launches we have seen a lot of mach up production items that are not the final product. In short renderings are never accurate.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There's actually a very good chance that the two four doors you posted with the MIC top are the exact same truck. I don't know how many more times it can be said that the lights in the factory wash everything out and that MIC reflects light quite differently depending on conditions. What you see in the recent KOH photos will very likely be the roof that Ford delivers.
This x 100. I can almost guarantee those are the same exact "SUV" and top.

I can say with 1000% certainty that the colored plastic used to mold the MIC top has not changed in over a year, and will not change. I have no idea what the OEM is doing on their side, its obvious they made a change to the shape and design from early models that we know had fitment and leaking issues.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it isn't different enough to honor the First Edition moniker
What do you mean by honour the First Edition moniker? it's a made up marketing name that has only been used for a few years by a few manufactuers. It's not like they are calling it a GT when it has no atributes of a Grand Tourer.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This x 100. I can almost guarantee those are the same exact "SUV" and top.

I can say with 1000% certainty that the colored plastic used to mold the MIC top has not changed in over a year, and will not change. I have no idea what the OEM is doing on their side, its obvious they made a change to the shape and design from early models that we know had fitment and leaking issues.
Maybe the plastic hasn't changed....but everyone who has seen them has said they have gotten siginificantly darker. How do you know it hasn't changed? Maybe it is all in the finish. I guess either way, the "truck" now looks much improved with a top that is significantly darker in effect.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe the plastic hasn't changed....but everyone who has seen them has said they have gotten siginificantly darker. How do you know it hasn't changed? Maybe it is all in the finish. I guess either way, the "truck" now looks much improved with a top that is significantly darker in effect.
Because we supply the OEM with the plastic for the top. There is only so much they can do in molding to change the appearance, temp and pressure etc. These are done more for quality of parts and not for appearance. I don't believe the top has gotten darker. Tooling has obviously changed, and their process refined. But it is still a gray top. I've actually seen posts by people at the event this week that confirm the old overland top looks same color as the new tops in person.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do you mean by honour the First Edition moniker? it's a made up marketing name that has only been used for a few years by a few manufactuers. It's not like they are calling it a GT when it has no atributes of a Grand Tourer.
Idk to me words have meaning. If I'm going to call something fast and it's slow, then I'm giving a mixed message to the customer. That's just an example

I and others have felt first edition doesn't really offer anything unique
Altho that LB and black interior combo is freakin aces

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because we supply the OEM with the plastic for the top. There is only so much they can do in molding to change the appearance, temp and pressure etc. These are done more for quality of parts and not for appearance. I don't believe the top has gotten darker. Tooling has obviously changed, and their process refined. But it is still a gray top. I've actually seen posts by people at the event this week that confirm the old overland top looks same color as the new tops in person.
Thanks for that heads up sir. I'm one that's torn between the MIC, and the Mod black top for my Race Red Bronco. The wife (who is quite the gear head in her on sense) says to stick with the Mod top. So, with this tip, I'll follow her advice.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m liking the MIC tops as they are looking darker- seeing this one and the Iconic Silver they showed in the BN video yesterday do look significantly darker than prior. (y)
agreed, fender flares look darker too. Although it could just be the light.

beto3005

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going MIC bc it looks more rugged! And will frame a Velocity Blue Wildtrak better. Black and “mic grey” look damn good contrasted with VB.
I can’t see a glossy black top fitting well visually. Too Ford Flexy.

34748B0E-95C9-47B8-A2BB-678975EE151C.jpeg

9054D85E-089A-4648-81AE-49B11FB6E01B.jpeg
Sponsored