First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh snap this thread is gonna be fun!! I haven't had any experiences in a while now but here's
some of the oldies. Tame compared to the rest in this thread but hey it's all I got.

The stand out moment was when 3 of us went to investigate Split Rock Quarry, which was a quarry that transitions to a munitions plant during WW1, at one point it was making 1/4 of the TNT in the US. It suffered an explosion in 1918 killing 50 workers. So we're up there checking out the rock crusher, the only structure still there with it's 2 very small partially collapsed tunnels. We continued to check out the surrounding area. We were walking 3 across and I had a Mag-Lite lighting our way. As we come up to a bend in the trail I pan the light across the woods in front of us catching something in the sweep and instantly snap the light back to what I saw. One of the other guys says "You saw that too?" It was a man dressed in old fashioned work clothes maybe 20 feet in front of us staring right at us clear as day but vanished once I brought the light back to it. I would have chalked it up as nothing since it happened so fast but we both saw the same thing. The other guy was looking somewhere else and missed the whole thing.

Oh, this scar on my palm reminds me of the very FIRST time I went to Split Rock. We went to just check it out since it's historically haunted as my above story backs. So we just get there to only find out a group of kids were there too having a bon fire up in the back, so we went back to just check out the crusher since that's what we came for. The cops apparently got called before we even got there so bad timing for us, we saw the 5-0 and jumped into the tunnel to hide, where I gashed my hand real bad. Cops saw us and we came out to face our fate. That's when I found out I was bleeding all over the place but while the cops were talking to us I was looking around and glanced back at the crusher and it was littered with dozens of sets of glowing green eyes. Were the explosion victims watching us get busted or was my blood loss playing tricks in my head? We'll never know. Cops let us go.

Had a co-worker who was big into Reiki and energy fields, spirits and whatnot. So we always chatted when we had down time when waiting for trucks or something. She loved my lame in comparison stories and was the only person who honestly believed me. So we were talking one night and she was going on about how she sees ghosts all the time and I asked her if she ever sees them at work, she's like "yes, all the time" and I asked if she sees any right now and she said "yes, they are all around". That's a lot of he said she said but I believed her. She could fill this thread herself with all her experiences. One night we left work at the same time and we're talking in the parking lot and one of the street lights goes out, she apologized. I said what for and she said for turning off the light. I had to pry and I asked what the hell she meant. So we go for a little walk into the "bone yard", just empty tractor trailers but tons of street lamps. We'd walk under one and she'd stand still for a moment and off the light would go. We walk to the next one and she'd stand still, at this point shes giddy as could be hopping around and the light would go out. She ended up knocking out about 5 lights before walking back to the parking lot. She said it's her energy when it gets spiking. When we walked away a bit the light would come back. She went on about how it happens all the time when shes driving, knocking out street lights to only see them pop back on after she drives past. Side note since it sounds like there was something between us, she shot me down at every advancement I made. I was a 20 year old punk and she was in her 40s with kids my age, but hey I tried. :D

There's a few stories from my parents house growing up. My mom had the first experience, she was home alone and thought she saw me walk from the basement around the dining room into the bedroom hallway and close the bathroom door. All of that happened except it wasn't me since I was at a friends house, dad was at work and my sister was away at college. These were all around the time I was in High School, on numerous occasions I'd get randomly poked when walking through the house, usually in the arm, or my shirt sleeve would get tugged on, like a kid trying to get my attention or something. The most unsettling was the few times I'd just lay down to go to bed and hear my name whispered in my ear, so realistic I could actually feel the breath. Talk about ruining a good set of sheets.

Skip ahead a few years and I had just graduated high school, was commuting to college and working the above job with the Reiki women in the above story. I was chilling watching TV one late night/early morning snacking on some Cheez-Its. Just to debunk, the cat was sleeping at my side on the couch. I hadn't touched the cheez-its in a while so the box was just sitting on the end table when out of nowhere the box got pushed off the table and landed about 4 feet in front of it. Scared the shit out of myself and the cat, no window open behind the table, parents were sleeping and sister was still at college. Zero explanation. By this point I was seeing or hearing stuff almost nightly, a lot of shadows moving or whenever I'd open the door coming home from work it'd sound like talk radio was on in the distance but too many scrambled voices all talking at once to make anything out of it. It'd go away by the time I got fully inside and closed the door behind me.

Kinda rambled for a bit there, and I'm no good with words.
Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay I’ll bite...

I subleased an apartment after graduating college. It was the holidays and my room mate was at home with her parents when I moved in. One morning I woke up to the tv in the living room on and thought “Oh, cool Hayley decided to come back early”. I got up and walked into the living room. As soon as I opened my door the TV went off and no one was there...

A few months later I told her the story. She proceeded to tell me about all of the weird stuff that had been happening before I moved in. One night her boyfriend got up at ~3am and was freaking out about “something not being right”. A couple minutes later there was a loud bang which knocked the pictures off the wall.

While also living there our dishes would mysteriously be cleaned when we woke up as well. Although I suspect that was from friends that stayed the night but we preferred to think it was the ghost that was doing them for us.🤣

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay I’ll bite...

I subleased an apartment after graduating college. It was the holidays and my room mate was at home with her parents when I moved in. One morning I woke up to the tv in the living room on and thought “Oh, cool Hayley decided to come back early”. I got up and walked into the living room. As soon as I opened my door the TV went off and no one was there...

A few months later I told her the story. She proceeded to tell me about all of the weird stuff that had been happening before I moved in. One night her boyfriend got up at ~3am and was freaking out about “something not being right”. A couple minutes later there was a loud bang which knocked the pictures off the wall.

While also living there our dishes would mysteriously be cleaned when we woke up as well. Although I suspect that was from friends that stayed the night but we preferred to think it was the ghost that was doing them for us.🤣
I could live with spirits or ghosts if they did the dishes. The hell born son of Satan if they did the dishes and the laundry haha

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Related to my great grandfather, I grew up hearing the story that they were heading back to the farm from dinner or something a few miles down the road, on a horse drawn wagon. All of a sudden a big white dog runs up under the wagon, between the two horses, up the hill ahead of them and then up into the sky and disappeared

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
One more good one.

A couples years or so back I woke up at 1 or so in the morning to voices coming from our office as well as glowing from under the closed door (the bedroom door/our bed face the office door at the end of the hall) I reached over to see if it was my wife doing work because she couldn’t sleep (she was working long hours and would often get up to do stuff on the computer in the early hours at that point)... Nope, she was fast asleep in the bed next to me. Now despite my previous story I’m not a big paranormal guy but I’ll be damned if I am going to end up like the dumb bastards in the movies who go into the room with the ghosts waiting to murder me all while everyone else sleeps. So I shake my wife awake and tell her there’s voices coming from the office. To which I’m told to go figure it out.

As I open the door with enough adrenaline in my veins to hear colors I realize it was a video of my wife lecturing...What actually happened is my wife uploaded a video for her online class before bed. When it’s done uploading it will auto play. Our upload speeds at the time were HORID so it didn’t finish for a few hours and she forgot to turn off the speakers... So nothing paranormal at all but I figured I would post it anyway because damn if it didn’t feel paranormal for the first few minutes (aka eternity)!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I conveyed my earlier experience at the 151 Stumble Inn. We always had someone coming and going. There was one regular visitor that showed up after closing time and we would find a pot of overcooked (burnt) stuffing the next morning. Scott loved stuffing to soak up all the beer, but somehow, he never managed to do his dishes and just left the remnants of the stuffing in the pot. He also managed to skedaddle before anyone else woke up.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't say a skeptic, but I've always been a "show me" kind of person. That said, this has been the second best off topic thread, we all remember that good one. I've had several people close to me that I 100% trust tell stories of interesting events but I've only ever had one small experience on multiple occasions
Same, I’ve never “seen” anything outside of our door to the garage opening itself. But that could be explained possibly. Everything else I’ve experienced was just weird or I heard something. I’ve got a few more I’m thinking about as this goes on lol.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So quick story because I should probably do some work today. Glenwood springs hotel in Colorado, old and known for being haunted, i knew the stories. Stayed there as a kid, didn’t feel good about it. Felt like I was being watched or followed everywhere I went. We had a room above the bar and all night (what felt like it) had people talking down below. But I just layed there all night staring at the ceiling listening to people. Every once and awhile I’d hear foot steps in the hallway, they would go down and then come back get quiet and stop near the door or that’s what I thought. After about the 5-6th time I got up and opened the door (I was 12) and looked outside, nothing. 20 minutes later I did it again, nothing. I stood by the door, heard the footsteps going by and opened immediately.

Nothing.

I covered my head after that and just waited for daylight. 🤣

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did not read. Fuck this thread.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The premise of this thread originated when another alluded to a sasquatch experience. So on a Saturday night, I'll convey my own.

My encounter occurred at the family homestead in the Endless Mountains of PA. Our actual property consists of 200 acres consisting of dense woods and waterfalls with only about 5 acres cleared. There were a number unexplained noises that we would hear especially at dusk and night. It was common to hear howls that were not coyote and rhythmic wood knocking that would echo through the woods.

For the most part, we (kids) never ventured into the woods too far, but we did play down at the waterfalls. Most were only 20', but a few were huge (40'+) including one that you could crawl behind the waterfall and look out through the cascade while staying dry. The first upper fall was maybe 80 yards from the house.

I was in kindergarten (late 70's) and was out of school in the afternoon. My sisters were in school and my father was at work. My mother was hanging clothes on the line while I ventured off to the first upper fall looking for crawfish and salamanders. My back was towards the house and across the water was a steep hill that crested with a ridge about 15 yards away from the water. With my attention focused looking for critters, I heard and felt (ground concussion) a large rock (20 lb.) striking the ground near me. It didn't roll. Based on the trajectory, it came from the ridgeline and was thrown. Immediately, I looked up (frightened and mad) scanning for some prankster. No other noises and nothing seen. I'm still frightened but went back to looking for critters. But I was more focused on my surroundings (sight/sound) than focused on critters. It was then when another larger rock landed closer than the previous one. Immediately, I looked up to the ridgeline but my assailant wasn't seen.

I ran the fastest 80 yards back to the house where my mother was still hanging clothes. So either it was a sasquatch throwing rocks or it was Max.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The premise of this thread originated when another alluded to a sasquatch experience. So on a Saturday night, I'll convey my own.

My encounter occurred at the family homestead in the Endless Mountains of PA. Our actual property consists of 200 acres consisting of dense woods and waterfalls with only about 5 acres cleared. There were a number unexplained noises that we would hear especially at dusk and night. It was common to hear howls that were not coyote and rhythmic wood knocking that would echo through the woods.

For the most part, we (kids) never ventured into the woods too far, but we did play down at the waterfalls. Most were only 20', but a few were huge (40'+) including one that you could crawl behind the waterfall and look out through the cascade while staying dry. The first upper fall was maybe 80 yards from the house.

I was in kindergarten (late 70's) and was out of school in the afternoon. My sisters were in school and my father was at work. My mother was hanging clothes on the line while I ventured off to the first upper fall looking for crawfish and salamanders. My back was towards the house and across the water was a steep hill that crested with a ridge about 15 yards away from the water. With my attention focused looking for critters, I heard and felt (ground concussion) a large rock (20 lb.) striking the ground near me. It didn't roll. Based on the trajectory, it came from the ridgeline and was thrown. Immediately, I looked up (frightened and mad) scanning for some prankster. No other noises and nothing seen. I'm still frightened but went back to looking for critters. But I was more focused on my surroundings (sight/sound) than focused on critters. It was then when another larger rock landed closer than the previous one. Immediately, I looked up to the ridgeline but my assailant wasn't seen.

I ran the fastest 80 yards back to the house where my mother was still hanging clothes. So either it was a sasquatch throwing rocks or it was Max.
Whatever it was, they’re an asshole!

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had heard of “rock throwing” as a common thing among alleged Sasquatch encounters, but the whole premise never really caught my attention. I worked with a guy who believed in the species, and I was amused with his conversations but didn’t buy into it.
This past fall, I was hiking in the High Peaks of the Adirondacks by myself. It was a long loop, tagging multiple peaks in one day. I ran out of daylight and had to skip a smaller peak I was hoping to get on the way out. My last hour or so was done with a hands free light strapped to my head. This area consisted of large mature hardwoods with very little ground cover. I frequently cast my light around, checking for reflective eyes of wildlife, as I felt like I wasn’t alone. I heard an object whip through the upper canopy of the trees, break a branch, and hit the ground with a THUD, less than 30 yards from me. I estimated (by the noise) it was a baseball sized object. This stopped me in my tracks. Based on the terrain, it was highly unlikely there were campers in that direction. I also didn’t think it’d be likely that local kids would be up in the dark woods waiting for some odd hiker to be finishing in the dark. Whatever had been thrown came from a good distance.
I’m no hero, but I don’t consider myself a fearful man. I had a career in urban policing, often at night, with plenty of potentially dangerous encounters. But this incident was unexplainable. To the point where I announced to the darkness that “I was leaving now” and hightailed it back to my vehicle.
So I don’t dismiss the idea of Sasquatch. I’ll leave them alone if they leave me alone.
Sponsored

Last edited: