North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Totally awesome, but not nearly as manly as struggling and scratching paint, shattering sunroofs, getting hernias and aneurysms.
*yeah those are really cool add-ons. I've never actually seen either but am clicking the link now...
Old things become new...

rolon2.jpg
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally awesome, but not nearly as manly as struggling and scratching paint, shattering sunroofs, getting hernias and aneurysms.
*yeah those are really cool add-ons. I've never actually seen either but am clicking the link now...
My old man had a row boat on top of his new station wagon. Someone opened the hood - bam right into the sharp front of that boat. Boy was he steamed, lol.

Yeah there are some things that can go wrong with roof top transport. Those times it's nice using an older vehicle where a few scratches/dents are less of a big deal.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn’t finding answers on some things and also couldn’t decide between 33 and 35. So I took a last minute ticket and flew to Vegas then drove to the event just to spend time with the Broncos then go back home. I met did the ride with a friend who is also getting one and he agrees with mostly everything I report below. So you got 2 opinions in one. Enjoy.

Overall conditions of the ride:
FE 4D (so Sasquatch and 2.7) for 30 mins over high speed trail, large bumps and large rocks, deep sand, steep slopes.

Ride
Truly unbelievable. I can tell you this: you can’t realize how capable it is until you ride in one. We flew at 65mph over large bumps and rocks effortlessly. It’s a Raptor with less power and better crawling/agility.
Honestly the Wrangler is a joke in comparison for anything other than rock crawling. It’s like comparing a Prius and a desert buggy. I do believe when Broncos are out in the streets and people and their friends try it off road Jeep will have a hard time selling that vehicle.
Everything we drove through bumps rocks steep slopes and deep sand felt easy for the Bronco. My friend has strong lower back pain and was amazed to have more pain in the rental car on pavement than going over that course in the Bronco - no joke.
Whatever your expectations are for capabilities (especially high speed off roading) get ready to be blown away.

Ride mode and tech
Trail turn: amazing and useful
1 pedal driving: pretty cool does what it says it does
Sway bar: so we did crawl a rock and disconnected and the tire was high above the ground and it made full contact when he pushed the button. Much more impressed than the video I have seen of it.
Baja: it’s a must. The pro racing driver said he uses that most of the time and it works great for a lot of situations off road even simple crawling.
Cameras are really great and helpful.

Comfort
Excellent both seats and position. Felt better than the 2020 ranger I tried last week.

Engine
Our driver tested both the 2.3 and 2.7. Said he actually felt little difference in power and 2.3 is more than capable.
The 2.7 we rode sounded bad and I assume the 2.3 is same or even worst.

Sound deadening / noise
So we rode the 1st edition with sound drawing headliner (looks and feels nice, I am getting one) and the additional deadening from high package.
I can’t say how much those sound deadening packages impacted noise but: Super impressed. It felt like a quite SUV, nothing like a Jeep even at 60mph off road. The only issue is we got some little rattling from the roof going over bumps. I hope that’s not the case on production version.

Leg room and head room
I am 6’5”. Can’t fit in a Wrangler JL cause my head hits the bar. Plenty of headroom in the Bronco, and more legroom than the JL as well. Super happy on this point.

Roof rack on squatch
I asked multiple people at the booth and It’s a center of gravity issue. Ford is redesigning the actual roof for 2022 with different bolt placement for the new roof rack. If you need a roof rack like me and want Sasquatch it’s a tough call: get a 2021 and hope to get one at the dealer this summer, or get a 2022MY. So it looks like the 22 roof rack won’t be compatible with the 21MY Bronco.

Skid plates
I crawled under the body of a Badlands and a Wildtrak. The badlands has steel plates under the fuel tank and other places, while the Wildtrak doesn’t.

33 vs 35
This truck looks perfect on 35s. But the look on 33s was good in fact I didn’t like it much in photo (limousine effect) but it was good in person.

Bilstein shocks
Talked to an engineer who worked on the Bronco suspension. They will release an after market version, even better than the Sasquatch one.

Measurement
Center wheel to fender: 22 3/4in, both for Badlands on 33 and a first edition. Yes you read that right. I did measure twice and the 1cm (0.4in) supposed lift from the 1st edition sasquatch wasn’t there. Maybe because the badlands was a 2.3 manual (lighter)? Or did Ford BS and the only difference is the bumpstop ..?

Crash bars
The badlands on 33 had the crash bar in front and behind of the front wheels, but the Wildtrak didn’t. It looks like it’s removable and it also looks like they would accommodate the 35 ok. Not sure why they removed them and if it will come with it from the factory or not.

MIC top
Looks great. With a little dirt on the car couldn’t see a difference between it and the fender flares.

Shiny black grille and mirrors
Always thought it was horrible on the Wildtrak but was much better in real life. The shiny black mirrors didn’t bother me even though they don’t match the

Interior colors
Wildtrak interior looks great. Sandstone is much better on the panel than in picture.
Badlands is same as on picture: great
Navy pier on FE: looks shit in my opinion, a bit darker than In the picture.

Interior quality and panel
Feels ok. Better than in picture. Not super premium but above average materials

Here you go. Not posting much pictures cause I have the same as everybody!

Ford Bronco My KOH Bronco ride Mega Feedback Report and new information gleaned rolon2
Awesome write up, so cool you got to do some real off-road "testing". Matches up exactly with my impressions. It will radically alter the market for road capable SUVs. Other than big lifts, hard core rocks and easy modification, I think it will best the Jeep in most categories and destroys it in comfort, ride and driveability. Pus mall crawlers and every day drivers will love it too!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I *think* this is true, at least for most of the trim packages, but I tried to option a set of roof rails for the 2-dr FE and wasn’t able to do so in the B&P. Maybe I got bamboozled by the B&P coding monkeys that keep me from selecting that super-heavy Paint Protective Film (PPP) option that causes the 4-dr Sasquatch to fall over as soon as it leaves the assembly line? o_O
Ya it’s because the FE has everything and their mother included. Badlands 2 door is alright

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

this is literally the best part

not only because you could use it as an actual gunners hatch

but because if the car flips your passengers can get out

I can tell you from very recent experience that getting out may not be as difficult as you think. (My 17 old crawled out of this with a few scratches on his fingers.)
Ford Bronco My KOH Bronco ride Mega Feedback Report and new information gleaned IMG_7555 2.JPG

Sponsored

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah they're a beast to get on top of a higher vehicle.
I sold my Native Slayer 14 because it was 14' long and weighed in at close to 100lbs without any gear.
I was hoping to get cross bars and a lift assist rack like the Yakima ShowDown or Thule Hullavator. You can load the kayak on the side of the vehicle and it takes a lot of the weight off as you lift it up. But, the weight of the 80lb kayak, cross bar, lift assist, and the concerns mentioned, I don’t know how this will work out.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe it. Esteban himself said in a video interview that if Sasquatch guys want a roof rack they should wait to get a 2022.

If it were as simple as re-engineering the roof rack, then it would have been fixed by now. But it sounds like the fix resides in the roof, and webasto needs to run a second mold for 2022 and it takes time. If anything this could be another reason why webasto R&D was all messed up and they had delays. They could have been spending time trying to fix this, and had to scrap the idea, and focus on the rollout.

Honestly when test driving a raptor for ride height purposes, as I was driving along that high up, towering over everyone, I kept thinking wow, a cargo box this high...bolted to a plastic shell...that’s bolted to the car (at the mid section)! It sounded absolutely preposterous and would make me very uncomfortable doing that with a loaded Sasquatch with kids in the back going 80 on the highway. So I get the problem at hand and that it needs some additional engineering magic. It actually made me think that I don’t even want to put a cargo box on a Sasquatch even if Ford allowed me. It’s what sealed the deal of even choosing the Sasquatch. I came to terms that I do not want to put a cargo box up there anyway, so if Ford doesn’t want to sell a rack on a 2021 Sasquatch, fine by me. I’ll make due with the cargo area provided inside the car.
As a workaround for the roof rack, because I'm soft top all the way on my BL/SQ, I plan to get a trailer hitch cargo extension or a small trailer for overland. Easier to load and unload either way.

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for such a thoughtful and well written review. This provides more “usable” information on what we can all expect once these vehicles begin to arrive. This caused me to study my order one more time.

I ordered a 4 door OB, “fully loaded”. Non SAS. It will be 90% street vehicle but I do hunt quail in Baja and will take it off road 10-12x a year. I’ve always had a Toyota Land Cruiser (80 and 100) and in 20 years those have handled everything I’ve encountered without issue. As such, I think the trade off between the 35” wheels mileage penalty may not be worth it over the 33’s which I have no doubt will be very capable. It kinda’ boils down to aesthetics, so your comments that the 33’s were ok was good to hear. I also think it depends on how everything else works together. I went for Carbonized Gray and a black mod roof so my exterior theme will be dark grays and black. I also ordered the rock rails and have hoping those can replace the tube step...

thanks again; Ive been loving the reviews & videos from KOH, good stuff!!

Nick

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted a WildTrak, but decided on a Badlands, solely for the interior color. I go to confirm my order at the dealership tomorrow and this thread is giving me pause. Did you like the WildTrak interior or Badlands interior better? Is Baja mode worth going with a WildTrak and "second choice" interior?
Badlands has Baja though?