First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just one more reason to pray for a future world without dealerships....and the uninformed bothersome staff they employ.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that's what I'm worried about with the Bronco. I've got a good chunk of money saved for a new car, but if they are going to mark the Bronc like 10k more I'll just pass and buy something else. Not going to waste my time with stupid dealer upcharge sh*t.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
When Krispy was here he said that the Mach-E pricing structure meant we would pay more than you could score via negotiations but would mean no artificial mark-up by dealers. Mach-E sees to be proving that wrong. Everyone will pay more regardless.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/23/ford-dealers-marking-up-mustang-mach-e/
keep in mind The Mach E is only expected to make 50,000 vehicles Per year.
bronco is expected to quadruple that.

however yes, if your one of the people that are going to put down a reservation deposit day1 then Yes expect to pay Threw the nose for wanting to get the new shiny toy. That’s economics 101

connor'sdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 1995 EB bronco and 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
saw my local dealer (owner) Saturday. she said 200 over invoice, so i will be ordering mine the day the order banks open.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BHShaman

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
keep in mind The Mach E is only expected to make 50,000 vehicles Per year.
bronco is expected to quadruple that.
The EV market is likely significantly less than the SUV/Jeep market, so having 1/4 the numbers may not mean much. I warned in the other thread that people were worried about getting PTCruisered and several people told me dealerships don't do that anymore.

Dealerships in their current form are dinosaurs, and should be extinct along with them. Too bad the Saturn model never took off. Glad I don't have to dicker for my groceries.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The EV market is likely significantly less than the SUV/Jeep market, so having 1/4 the numbers may not mean much. I warned in the other thread that people were worried about getting PTCruisered and several people told me dealerships don't do that anymore.

Dealerships in their current form are dinosaurs, and should be extinct along with them. Too bad the Saturn model never took off. Glad I don't have to dicker for my groceries.
I have a feeling thats dealers are going to be changing soon. Especially after covid. Tesla is a prime example.
oder on line. Pick up at store or deliver!

I think Mercedes or Some luxury brand is doing that now too.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess you've never had to buy groceries from Mo's Quick Mart on 19th.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When Krispy was here he said that the Mach-E pricing structure meant we would pay more than you could score via negotiations but would mean no artificial mark-up by dealers. Mach-E sees to be proving that wrong. Everyone will pay more regardless.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/23/ford-dealers-marking-up-mustang-mach-e/
I'm not sure people will be willing to pay that. Only a limited number of customers have interest in EV's and that may have gone down with recent events. Add ADM and I think a large chunk of customers will be asking for their deposit back.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping my local dealer continues with their slogan of only $50 over factory invoice. If that changes with the Bronco, I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Sponsored

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

saw my local dealer (owner) Saturday. she said 200 over invoice, so i will be ordering mine the day the order banks open.
I'm hoping my local dealer continues with their slogan of only $50 over factory invoice. If that changes with the Bronco, I'll be shopping elsewhere.
I wish I could find a dealer in TX like that. Seems like here they're all banding together to price gouge everyone. Doesn't matter if use internet sales or walk in. Even a prenegotiated special order I did 2 years ago all of a sudden had $1500 added the day I went in to sign papers.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wish I could find a dealer in TX like that. Seems like here they're all banding together to price gouge everyone. Doesn't matter if use internet sales or walk in. Even a prenegotiated special order I did 2 years ago all of a sudden had $1500 added the day I went in to sign papers.
I have the same problem. When I bought my F150, a dealer gave me a price and I went to the other dealers to see if they could do better and they all quoted me the same higher price and let me walk. None of them believed the price and it wasn't rediculous' only a few hundred lower. I went back to dealer 1, spent hours finalizing everything and at the last second I got the oops I made a mistake and I can't honor that. I was upset and they let me walk there too. I ended up buying out of town and got a way better deal.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hoped you walked out and did not give in to the schisters?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't pay for the privilege of buying something. I have at least 20 Ford Dealerships within a drive I am willing to make. Priority goes to the two dealerships I have dealt with in the past that were good experiences. I HIGHLY doubt all 20+ places would try to do this - but if so, I can wait longer than they can. My current ride is running just fine.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hoped you walked out and did not give in to the schisters?
I didn't walk. I already owned my travel trailer and had no way to tow, waited six weeks for the truck and had spent days negotiating with other local dealers who told me they couldn't give me a better deal. I did threaten to walk, and they gave me an additional $1000 for my trade, which wasn't too bad of a deal for the tax benefit. I'll do a better job next time of getting "out the door" price on paper. Doesn't help that the salesman I had originally negotiated with left the dealer halfway through my special order process. I'll probably look for a different dealer, but the one I went with has the highest volume in my area so usually can beat anybody else's price. Plus all the other dealers said they "were required" to add on the $1500 worth of crap too. They were just upfront about it.
Sponsored