Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are Baja and Rock Crawl the only 2 modes where the front camera stays on? So an OBX squatch (for example) would only be able to have it on at a crawl?

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it summer yet!

beto3005

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing the sway bar disconnect in action is making me rethink the Wildtrak. People say you don’t need it, but It seems like a feature that can prevent plenty of unfortunate situations for an off-road newbie lol

OP
OP
BroncoBoi

BroncoBoi

First Edition
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Seeing the sway bar disconnect in action is making me rethink the Wildtrak. People say you don’t need it, but It seems like a feature that can prevent plenty of unfortunate situations for an off-road newbie lol
Coming from a basesquatch order, I would have to spend significantly more for a badlands, but if I had a comparable build price-wise, I would def be reconsidering!

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Really good video by Exodus 4x4, in the chassis walk around he explains the differences to the Wrangler. However, he says the Sway Bar Disconnect is just like the Rubicon. We need to educate him on the difference, if they are reading this thread? The Bronco Badlands Sway Bar Disconnect is hydraulic, unlike the Rubicon which is electric. The Badlands can be engaged on uneven ground, unlike the Rubicon.

There is a deep dive here:

BWI Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Information

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those tires are also larger than Sasquatch tires. They're a true 35" tire. Most 315's are closer to 34".
Not going to be much of a difference. The KM3's in that size are 34.5" Most 315's will run anywhere from 34.4 to 34.7". In fact a KM3 315 17 will run 34.4"

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder if the ride quality is going to be as good with the standard suspension included on the lower and unsquatched trims. Do the Bilstein dampers make that big of a difference? All the ride-along stuff is on Badlands suspension...I wonder if there's a reason for that.
Yes, the Bilstein dampers make a big difference, here is a deep dive.

BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What’s the difference between sand and Baja mode?

Base Sasquatch guy wondering.

I figure just put it in sand mode and gas it.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay I have to admit, after the first KOH ride along video I started thinking I might want a BL over the OBX build I had.

But now after this video I'm ABSOLUTELY switching to a 2.7 BL.

Sponsored

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really good video by Exodus 4x4, in the chassis walk around he explains the differences to the Wrangler. However, he says the Sway Bar Disconnect is just like the Rubicon. We need to educate him on the difference, if they are reading this thread? The Bronco Badlands Sway Bar Disconnect is hydraulic, unlike the Rubicon which is electric. The Badlands can be engaged on uneven ground, unlike the Rubicon.
I am sure the "just like" comment was simply regarding basic function, as in they both disconnect the two sides of the bar. They discussed the technical and operational differences at length later in the video after using it on the ride.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it’s like their other vehicles it will be a noticeable improvement. But the Ford performance parts suspension upgrade should get it there for less than a trim switch.
Can this upgrade be included in initial order, factory installed? I saw the thread with the accessories list etc, never really took a deep dive on what was available or when.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can this upgrade be included in initial order, factory installed? I saw the thread with the accessories list etc, never really took a deep dive on what was available or when.
It will be dealer installed I believe. Or buy kit and diy

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it’s like their other vehicles it will be a noticeable improvement. But the Ford performance parts suspension upgrade should get it there for less than a trim switch.
I guess
I wonder if the ride quality is going to be as good with the standard suspension included on the lower and unsquatched trims. Do the Bilstein dampers make that big of a difference? All the ride-along stuff is on Badlands suspension...I wonder if there's a reason for that.
Its probably something people might want to think about depending on what your plan is on use .The bilstein dampers with End stop valve is probably a better suspension set up for high speed desert raceing smoother over humps and ridges and mayebe a advantage in rock crawling .Standard suspension with out the End stop valve will probably make the ride rougher and harsher if useing for the above situations but for anything else the ride quilty should be good.
Sponsored