Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess

Its probably something people might want to think about depending on what your plan is on use .The bilstein dampers with End stop valve is probably a better suspension set up for high speed desert raceing smoother over humps and ridges and mayebe a advantage in rock crawling .Standard suspension with out the End stop valve will probably make the ride rougher and harsher if useing for the above situations but for anything else the ride quilty should be good.
All I know is my buddy’s raptor rides way better on-road than my stock 150 4x4. I think the e rated tires on mine make a big difference but when the bed is unloaded it can be pretty violent in the rear. Obviously very different vehicle but I hope the upgraded suspension improves onroad driving as well. My wife can get pretty nauseas in my f150 around town.

my other friend’s stock TRD Tacoma has this incredibly smooth and “planted” feel on the road. Very stable and precise over any kind of bumps. Really would love to get the bronco to that kind of feel some day.
Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great video! Made me super excited. I agree that I’ve had some second thoughts on my Wildtrak order. That said, I’m not sure that the benefits of the Badlands will ever be necessary for my use, thinking specifically about the sway bar disconnect. It’s one of those things where I can imagine a scenario in which it could be useful, but not required... again, for my everyday uses.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can this upgrade be included in initial order, factory installed? I saw the thread with the accessories list etc, never really took a deep dive on what was available or when.
It's listed as available Q4 of 2021 on the accesory list for what that's worth and can't be ordered up front or factory installed. It would have to come from the parts counter, just like the pull out tailgate I'll be getting. My plan is to add the ford performance susoension to my BD build when i can in the next couple of years.

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seeing the sway bar disconnect in action is making me rethink the Wildtrak. People say you don’t need it, but It seems like a feature that can prevent plenty of unfortunate situations for an off-road newbie lol
I hate to say it but I'm feeling the same about my OBX ... Dam it but probably too late anyways since I got it ordered

Sponsored

BrentLee71

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, after watching all of the videos posted from the ride-alongs at KOH, I see one thing I wish could be implemented. I think it would be cool if we could slide a micro SD card into the head unit and be able to record what the trail camera sees. I know we can do the same thing with a GoPro, but having that option to use the Bronco camera system would be cool.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really good video by Exodus 4x4, in the chassis walk around he explains the differences to the Wrangler. However, he says the Sway Bar Disconnect is just like the Rubicon. We need to educate him on the difference, if they are reading this thread? The Bronco Badlands Sway Bar Disconnect is hydraulic, unlike the Rubicon which is electric. The Badlands can be engaged on uneven ground, unlike the Rubicon.

There is a deep dive here:

BWI Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Information
Interesting that he said that on the chassis walk around because on the ride they comment on how you can't utilize the SBD on a Jeep under load.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hate to say it but I'm feeling the same about my OBX ... Dam it but probably too late anyways since I got it ordered
Not too late. Everyone has up until March 19th to change their order to their liking.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, after watching all of the videos posted from the ride-alongs at KOH, I see one thing I wish could be implemented. I think it would be cool if we could slide a micro SD card into the head unit and be able to record what the trail camera sees. I know we can do the same thing with a GoPro, but having that option to use the Bronco camera system would be cool.
Love to see that! I would assume Ford will add it at some point.

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not too late. Everyone has up until March 19th to change their order to their liking.
hmmmm, interesting. I thought once order was in i couldn't. in that case I gotta think this through. better interior (imo) on the OBX or sway bar disconnect... crap, here goes another wasted week of trying to decide.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The common reaction throughout these KOH videos posted lately is the fact all the participants are giddy and giggly like school girls during and after the ride. As good as everyone thinks it is, FORD is still tweaking it! Bravo!!

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What’s the difference between sand and Baja mode?

Base Sasquatch guy wondering.

I figure just put it in sand mode and gas it.
Sand mode is for deep sand, dunes, etc. Baja is for high speed desert terrain. I’d love to see a full list of how each mode tweaks the vehicle settings. One of the other ride alongs had the driver note that Baja alters the transmission shift points to keep the engine in higher horsepower rpms. My wife’s Mercedes does something similar with its sport mode, it makes a significant difference in acceleration from 0-60.
Sponsored