broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a few days ago I brought you a detailed report about my ride at KOH here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

I told you I did not post more pictures cause I have the same as everyone else. That was true for my phone pictures. What I did not tell you is that I brought a pro DSLR to take a comparison of 33s and 35s with a lens corrected for distortion at a focale that is close to human eye for proportion.
So here you go.

EDIT: I feel the question coming. Yes when I saw them for real when taking those pictures it looked and felt like those pictures. They are "true to size". My opinion is that 33" look good but the 35 look a bit better. My first thought when seeing them the first time was "it's less difference than I thought it would be"
Capability is very similar, all the Broncos at that event (on 33 and 35) were doing the same course at the same speed. An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel? Only you can answer. Personally, I am still undecided.

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.

EDIT2: I have just created an IG account where I’ll post more pictures from the event as well as when I get my Bronco. Don’t hesitate to follow along! https://www.instagram.com/broncoexplorers/

Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 2021 Bronco 33 inch vs 35 inch factory OEM wheels 1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a huge difference. Thanks for posting!
Side view, I agree. However, I think the front view looks much more muscular Squatched. The width makes loads of difference, IMO.

Thanks, OP!!!

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In person is there are larger difference in the size? Thanks for the great pictures!

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.
Great posts and pictures — thanks much for documenting. Encouraging feedback on the 2.3. I think the 7-speed with Ford Performance 91 octane tune / CAI would take the 2.3 from good to great 👍

Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks a ton for these! I've been wanting to see something lens corrected. I just couldn't find stig's potato in lightroom.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel?

These thoughts on the Badlands with the 33s vs the 35s basically summed up my thoughts why I did not go Sasquatch on my Badlands. I did not see the value for this trim.

2.3 or 2.7??? There is no replacement for displacement. Ya, I wrote that about a 2.7 V6. I went with the 2.7. Hopefully there will be enough to not delay the first day reservations too bad.