Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...I will probably will never take the roof off, so would like to see a solid roof to reduce noise, but I get why it’s not an option.
I’ll probably be taking the roof off of mine every weekend for tooling up and down the coast with my wife. I grew up in California and learned how to drive off road. In Florida now, I’m gonna have to look for fun little trips where we can get the Bronco dirty. Won’t be as exciting as it used to be, but I don’t live as dangerously these days anyways :D
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll probably be taking the roof off of mine every weekend for tooling up and down the coast with my wife. I grew up in California and learned how to drive off road. In Florida now, I’m gonna have to look for fun little trips where we can get the Bronco dirty. Won’t be as exciting as it used to be, but I don’t live as dangerously these days anyways :D
Just drive down my road. :ROFLMAO:

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always loved the early model Broncos, but also need it to be a daily driver. Jeeps are great, but if the Bronco rides better and looks as good as some of the renders/spy shots, I'm sold. I also hate that you can't drive 5 miles without seeing a half dozen Jeeps.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
removeable roof. (bronco beats 4runner)
Short wheel base (bronco beats 4runner)
power (bronco beats both)
Ford (bronco beats both)
reliability (over wrangler, not 4runner)
innovation (bronco beats both..things like front dig, crawler gear vs 4runner)

so far Ford has me convinced that this is the new SUV for me., two of them, one for a toy, one to replace the gutless 4runner.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I owned an FCA before, never again.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I have to say, I've own enough Jeep Grand Cherokees to convince me I want something new with modern amenities (air conditiong, okay, I just want air conditioning) but that isn't as big as a 4Runner and isn't breaking all the time.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Growing up my dad had multiple bronco's. I've loved them since I was a kid. I just don't have any connection to the Jeep or Toyota.
The manual transmission option is a HUGE bonus.

Sponsored

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
I'm not...until I see the production ready Bronco, we all can speculate what it will have so far its looking good. So after 7/13 I'll be sure to reply again. I have a car buying bad habit like every 2 yrs I swap and have never been upside down in my Wranglers. If its what we think it might be I might just have a blue oval parked in my driveway next year.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No decision yet here, it'll probably be at least a year and a half from now before I purchase anything new. Isn't the 4 runner design very old, and not scheduled to be updated for a year or two? I like the JL but I prefer an IFS. Also, the new Bronco may have a stronger factory available motor than the JL.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i have had 7 wranglers and loved all of them. my main complaints are what i like most about fords. weak powertrain and crappy interior. if ford fixes those, which i expect, and the styling is on point, this will be a homerun for me. if ford performance can give it the special feel that my gt350 had and the raptors have, this will be a keeper

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never had a J$%p but I had a 1990 4-Runner and like coSooner said - "Gas mileage (not expecting anything crazy, but I was getting 16 in the 4runner and it was soo slow)" Not to mention a few issues I had with it that I never had with a Ford or Chebby.
We replaced it with a 2001 Expedition and got a better ride, power, and gas mileage.
Sponsored