First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I don't look at the B&P because we've all know it was completely messed up when it was introduced and has still not been completely fixed. It's a waste of time to get worked up over what can or can not be done on it when the info is available other places.
My vehicle is already ordered and I can confirm that I have a 2.3L 7MT with the 4.7 gears. It’s not a B&P glitch.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My vehicle is already ordered and I can confirm that I have a 2.3L 7MT with the 4.7 gears. It’s not a B&P glitch.

The 4.7 gears with the MT in the BL has never been in question. 🤷‍♂️

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve modified every truck/bronco I’ve owned... so I just went with the 33s on the badlands knowing I’ll be changing them. Not overly interested in any of the wheels offered, so I’ll pick my own.
Exactly! I am on my 4th set of Mustang wheels and tires...Every time I have needed tires I have also changed wheels...I have a problem!

Sponsored

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it can be a tough decision. Yet I don’t want my truck revs sounding puny, yeah I know V6 isn’t a V8 but it’s better IMO. I did drive the Ranger with 2.3L and it was no slouch but the engine sounds left something to be desired.
i have the 4cyl Jeep and it’s noisy but a good motor fun to drive and totally gets the job done, but I always regretted it because of the sound and I had to look other men in the eye and tell them I drive a 4 cyl.... #neveragain #notgoingtolivethatlife

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dont forget, squatch bumps the gear ratio also = 4.7
This is the big part of the equation - trying to use aftermarket or even Ford gears installed by anyobe will make the rig noisy and introduce driveline lash. I've re-geared my Shelby twice, and even after cryo-rem the Ford Racing gears (second go-around), it's whiney ......like me apparently.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the big part of the equation - trying to use aftermarket or even Ford gears installed by anyobe will make the rig noisy and introduce driveline lash. I've re-geared my Shelby twice, and even after cryo-rem the Ford Racing gears (second go-around), it's whiney ......like me apparently.

I've done quite a few re gears and never had a noise issue. Maybe it had to do with the gears you are using or the install.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or 10mm is the difference in a perfect environment but after you factor in driving them around (in Baja mode) and weight differences and settling, etc... that centimeter starts to disappear

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the Jeep side of things, they look to achieve standard heights, but they actually swap springs out depending on how the vehicle was spec’d... so a 4-door with a hard top will have stiffer springs than one that comes with a soft top... if Ford did something like that I can absolute imagine a situation in which published specs put the squatch 10mm higher, but in the real world, and with potentially some Franken Broncos thrown in, the differences could get muddled.

In any event, I’m not going to die on any hill for Ford... just repeating what they’ve said officially.

;)
If Ford would tell us what the actual difference in parts between BL and BL/Squatch, this debate would be able to make a huge step forward. I keep hoping that will happen before my turn comes up to finalize my order.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I actually prefer the look of the 33's, which I will be getting for my non-sas base. Wondering if a level kit will be necessary but should be easy based on the ranger kits being fairly inexpensive and easy to install. Also no regrets on the 2.3L either, without all the extra weight of the higher trims/sasquatch I'm not worried at all.

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stock Badlands has HOSS and more articulation. Don’t need 4.7 of youre not struggling to roll big goofy oversized tires around.

;)
I have driven on 35's for the last 16 years on my truck, they definitely don't look goofy but that's what great about the Bronco, so many choices and everyone can get what makes them happy. I'm sure you will love your Badlands it looks like a great truck

nifty

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I may have missed an earlier response on this, but the front view was throwing me off, so I corrected it a bit in photoshop. It's still off a bit because of the different angles of the trucks to the camera, but close enough for me. Here's the images in case any one else was worried about the 33" making that huge of a difference:

original:
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 33v35front

corrected:
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 33v35front corrected

construction lines for grill, roof, tires, cab width:
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) 33v35 analysis2
Sponsored