Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. I made a thing based on what we know as of this point.

I've been struggling jumping around to different references and photos supplied by other forum members, and I wanted to consolidate it into a reference for myself. Once I had made this sketch I figured I might as well share it since someone else might find is useful.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has supplied this information. I've tried to credit people where I've been able to remember. Thank you thank you thank you. I only consolidated their work. They're the true heroes.

It's worth noting that some things I had to round a bit and I recorded lengths that I felt personally comfortable relying on until we know things for sure... your interpretation or rounding comfort may be different...

A good example is the back depth of the 2-door. It was measured by the amazing @Aman to be 20", but that was with the gate open. From my experience with the Jeep Wrangler, and judging by the situation, I going to assume there's only about 18" of usable depth once the gate is closed... ::EDIT:: I've since updated the 2-door rear depth to reflect the 20" based on @jaruss01 observations.
Additionally it’s also worth noting there is the recline on the back seats, and the “hump” at the base of the rear seats, all of which play a role depending on where you are measuring to.

Because these are my personal notes as of today, I put my name and the date on it. I don't want anyone thinking these are "official" or "confirmed" because I'm sure eventually we'll have more accurate numbers...

Not pretty but it accomplished what I wanted. I even went as far sketching it on a grid but ignoring the lines altogether. ;)

If anyone has better or more accurate info, please share.

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos Cargo Dimensions

(I'll make ongoing edits to this post to include the references I used to create this.)

@jaruss01 has been, and continues to kill it with the math skills in this thread (and others) It was this thread that filled in the gaps with the 4-door and motivated me to make my sketch: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imensions-est-32-6”-depth-plus-6”-hump.12451/

@SHLYGRR math skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...calculation-with-rear-seats-folded-down.4275/

@AzScorpion tapemeasure skills in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-seats-all-the-way-forward.12373/#post-451030

@Toccoa with some very early detective work in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...analysis-dimensions-length-width-height.3848/

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612806836969
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612806874641
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612807163376

The following diagrams and calculations were done by SHLYGRR (link above) when all we had to go on were these preproduction reveal photos and no actual stats. He took known values like wheel base and length to scale and estimated dimensions based on where he thought the edges of seats or doors were. (This is why they differ from my compiled notes.)

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612806991209
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1612807001132

This is an excerpt from the Ford Press Release about being able to camp in the 4-door. That's where the overhead shot comes from. Someone was kind enough to overlay the dimensions stated in the text on that photo. (Not sure who that was, if you speak up I'd love to give you credit.)

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos Rear Cargo Dimensions 4 door

(Worth noting here that the extended length of the slide out gate is about 12"... which is potentially only 1/3 the total depth of that cargo area... which, if that's the ratio they need to be able to support the loads they want to, would explain why the slide out tray is not available on the 20" deep 2-door)

There's also this spreadsheet... which I cant remember where it came from... some people assumed was showing cubic feet... but the values are close to what I've come up with for the inch measurements.

Anyone know where this came from?

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 4B584AEE-715A-4F4A-985F-C73F278E72A1

::EDIT::

New information is coming in so fast that I decided to update my notes with the UTC time that it was updated.

Updated 2-door rear depth based on @jaruss01 observations. Here is his sketch on how the slope and hinge of the rear seats impacts cargo depth (link to his thread above):

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos Rear Cargo Depth with Sloped seats

incredibly detailed 2-door measurements taken by @Torgsurv including cargo bin here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/2021-bronco-2-door-cargo-area-dimensions-detailed-measurements/

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1614081438384

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1614081467236

::UPDATE::

@BigMex for measuring the 4-door cargo dimensions in this thread as 32" deep by 42" wide:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...epth-width-plus-molle-panel-dimensions.13968/

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1616081684705
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1616081695664
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos 1616081704001

::UPDATE::

@Ourbroncolife with the 4-door rear cargo dimensions *just above* the hump measured at 37.5"

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/4-door-cargo-depth-including-hump-37-5”.14468/

Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 09.47.10
Ford Bronco Known Cargo Dimensions (so far) for 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 09.47.20
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bukn Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Mustang GT, 94 F-150, 2014 Transit Connect,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome, thank you!:)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, you could include that extra 2" on the 2 door (surprisingly). Take a closer look at the 4 door photos in my thread. That border is usable space with the door closed. I included that trim piece in my 4 door dimensions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you could include that extra 2" on the 2 door (surprisingly). Take a closer look at the 4 door photos in my thread. That border is usable space with the door closed. I included that trim piece in my 4 door dimensions.
Oh!

Excellent.

I'm going to see if I can edit my drawing and reupload it... I would just edit my personal one, but B6G mods added their watermark and I don't have a new one to replace it.

:)

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20" in the back of a 2 door is decent. What's a Jeep have?

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is easy to take the doors off, But how hard is it to take the rear tail gate off?

Not that I would do this often but I could see it being useful.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20" in the back of a 2 door is decent. What's a Jeep have?
Jeeps have less. It seems like the Bronco *just* edges out the Wrangler in almost every dimension... the only one that my number is less is the 4-door cargo depth estimate... and that's the only one that's still not really well confirmed....

I'm hoping that means that the 4-door depth is underestimated in my notes.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is easy to take the doors off, But how hard is it to take the rear tail gate off?

Not that I would do this often but I could see it being useful.
About as easy as taking off the door on a regular car....

That said, it's not the taking off that's the hard part, it's the getting it back on in the right place that's tricky.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's a fun fact - my estimate of 32.3" on the four door is 59.1% longer than Aman's 20.3" dimension on the 2 door. Given the cargo holds are identical, the depth is the only variable. Compare that to the volume of 35.6 vs 22.4, thats....58.9% larger. BOOM.
Sponsored