First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the next few days we will be ordering our new Bronco Wildtrak AND a Wrangler Rubicon. We will be doing a series of comparisons starting with the ordering process culminating with off/on-road performance testing. We are trying to match the options as close as possible to do a fair comparison.

The current status of this endeavor is we have an appointment to order our Bronco 2/15/2021. Based on feedback from the dealer on delivery, we will time our Wrangler order to arrive similarly.

It's difficult to make the vehicles exactly the same. And arguably different models may compare better. This is our best shot based on our reservation and personal preferences. It took quite a few options to make the Wrangler competitive with the Bronco. We have a few days before we need to lock in our Bronco and probably months before ordering the Wrangler, so any suggestions to make them more comparable are welcome. We have left a few options off both so we can compare adding those after delivery (i.e. winches, lifts, 37-40"" tires, tire carrier, leather)

Here is our configurations: (UPDATED with Badlands)

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Sasquatch $2,495
LUX Package $5,085
MIC Roof
Towing $595
$58,445

2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Red Paint $245
Front Camera $595
Black Hard Top $1,395
8.4 Nav with Alpine Premium Audio $1,895
Remote Start $495
Keyless Entry $545
Advanced Safety $795
Safety Group $895
Trailer-Tow $795
LED Lighting $1,295
Steel Bumper Group $1,645
Cold Weather Group $995
3.6L Engine $1,500
8-Speed Trans $1,500
Rock-Trac 4WD $695
$58,500

So the first comparison is value. the vehicles are coming in within a couple thousand dollars. The Bronco edging out the Rubicon. However, due to launch demand for the Bronco, our actual cost (after dealer discounts) for the Jeep is likely to be several thousand dollars below MSRP bringing is line with the Bronco, if not less. There have been plenty of feature and spec comparisons on this forum, so I won't repeat those in this post.

We will be doing head-to-head / side-by-side comparisons on individual aspects of each vehicle and the experience as a whole. This includes the buying experience. Unfortunately, part of that experience involves waiting for Bronco production to meet demand. Ordering the Wrangler to coincide the timing with the Bronco will be tricky as our Ford dealership is reluctant to predict our delivery date.

I hope you will join us in this experiment and follow along on our progress.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In the next few days we will be ordering our new Bronco Wildtrak AND a Wrangler Rubicon. We will be doing a series of comparisons starting with the ordering process culminating with off/on-road performance testing. We are trying to match the options as close as possible to do a fair comparison.

The current status of this endeavor is we have an appointment to order our Bronco 2/15/2021. Based on feedback from the dealer on delivery, we will time our Wrangler order to arrive similarly.

It's difficult to make the vehicles exactly the same. And arguably different models may compare better. This is our best shot based on our reservation and personal preferences. It took quite a few options to make the Wrangler competitive with the Bronco. We have a few days before we need to lock in our Bronco and probably months before ordering the Wrangler, so any suggestions to make them more comparable are welcome (must be a WildTrak w/Lux). We have left a few options off both so we can compare adding those after delivery (i.e. winches, lifts, 37-40"" tires, tire carrier, leather)

Here is our configurations:

2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrack
LUX Package $3,590
Modular Bumper $825
Hardtop Headliner $495
Towing $595
Rock Rails $595
$57,070

Red Paint $245
Front Camera $595
Black Hard Top $1,395
Hard Top Headliner $525
Remote Start $495
Keyless Entry $545
Advanced Safety $795
Safety Group $895
Trailer-Tow $795
LED Lighting $1,295
Cold Weather Group $995
3.6L Engine $1,500
8-Speed Trans $1,500
Rock-Trac 4WD $695
$59,025

So the first comparison is value. the vehicles are coming in within a couple thousand dollars. The Bronco edging out the Rubicon. However, due to launch demand for the Bronco, our actual cost (after dealer discounts) for the Jeep is likely to be several thousand dollars below MSRP bringing is line with the Bronco, if not less. There have been plenty of feature and spec comparisons on this forum, so I won't repeat those in this post.

We will be doing head-to-head / side-by-side comparisons on individual aspects of each vehicle and the experience as a whole. This includes the buying experience. Unfortunately, part of that experience involves waiting for Bronco production to meet demand. Ordering the Wrangler to coincide the timing with the Bronco will be tricky as our Ford dealership is reluctant to predict our delivery date.

Interested in following your experience.

You're hamstringing the Bronco capability-wise ordering the Wildtrak instead of the Badlands IMO.

eTorque will be interesting going over rocks.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
in the comparaison price WILDTRACK come with sasquash did you forget to add 35 inch tire and a suspension lift kit from MOPAR to jeep compare !
TRACKTOY

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interested in following your experience.

You're hamstringing the Bronco capability-wise ordering the Wildtrak instead of the Badlands IMO.

eTorque will be interesting going over rocks.
I agree. The Badlands is a far more capable vehicle than the Wildtrack. The Badlands is also way more comparable to the Rubicon.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. The Badlands is a far more capable vehicle than the Wildtrack. The Badlands is also way more comparable to the Rubicon.
Yea isn't the Badlands closer to the Rubicon? Excited to here your comparison non the less!

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see this is your first post... Welcome! Perhaps you should better familiarize yourself with the Bronco prior to your assessment/investment. Doesn’t seem like an “apples to apples” comparison. Also, you said “we”. Are you representing an organization of some sort?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It's difficult to make the vehicles exactly the same. And arguably different models may compare better. This is our best shot based on our reservation and personal preferences. It took quite a few options to make the Wrangler competitive with the Bronco. We have a few days before we need to lock in our Bronco and probably months before ordering the Wrangler, so any suggestions to make them more comparable are welcome (must be a WildTrak w/Lux). We have left a few options off both so we can compare adding those after delivery (i.e. winches, lifts, 37-40"" tires, tire carrier, leather)

Here is our configurations:

2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrack
LUX Package $3,590
Modular Bumper $825
Hardtop Headliner $495
Towing $595
Rock Rails $595
$57,070

Red Paint $245
Front Camera $595
Black Hard Top $1,395
Hard Top Headliner $525
Remote Start $495
Keyless Entry $545
Advanced Safety $795
Safety Group $895
Trailer-Tow $795
LED Lighting $1,295
Cold Weather Group $995
3.6L Engine $1,500
8-Speed Trans $1,500
Rock-Trac 4WD $695
$59,025

Do you intend to update this post with your comparisons or make new posts? Wondering if I should "follow" this post

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re comparing the Bronco to a Wrangler Rubicon you should go with the Badlands instead of the Wildtrak. The Badlands Bronco would then be similarly equipped with the Rubicon having a sway bar disconnect and full body armor underneath. Otherwise like other posters have shared the Wildtrak is more in line with a Jeep Sahara.

Edit: My bad, Outer Banks (not Wildtrak) is like the Sahara. Point being Wildtrak isn’t apples to apples with Rubicon, BL is.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[...] Ordering the Wrangler to coincide the timing with the Bronco will be tricky as our Ford dealership is reluctant to predict our delivery date.
[...]
Come May, Ford will supply you with a delivery window estimate (for when they think your build will get scheduled)... which depending on how long it takes a Jeep to get built, may provide you with the opportunity to schedule deliveries pretty close together.

Also, I 2nd the Badlands comments... the sway bar disconnect on the BL is going to be important if you are pitting the Bronco up against a Rubicon.... your comparisons may not hold much value in the off-roading community (especially here) if people think the Bronco wasn't properly equipped from the start.

I say go BL, and if you insist on the 35s from the factory, squatch it.

$0.02

In any event, I'm really excited to see what you are able to discover!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wrong transmission. Wrong package.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. I'm really looking forward to your Rubicon vs Badlands review!
Sponsored