Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why does everyone think that the badlands is far superior to the Wildtrak? Other than the stabar disco, a rear steel bumper, thicker skids and an extra goat mode, there’s not much difference. Are those 4 things that big a deal? You can option the thicker skids if you’d like. It depends on what kind of comparison testing they’re going to do right? If they’re just strictly going to do rock crawling then the disco will help. But other than that...
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will we see this by September?

What is your reservation date?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am picking the middle blue button

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pure speculation, but a fun discussion (we have no idea what drive modes will actually be like in the real world, the only thing I've seen is professional race drivers giving ride-a-longs) none the less.

I would hope this comparison would include more than exclusively going over the Rubicon Trail. In my opinion I'd like to see a real world day to day use comparison and I'd say a Rubi and WT are pretty damn close to each other (but for the sway bar).

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll echo that this should be Rubicon vs. Badlands, not Wildtrak.
  • The BL is specifically targeted at the Rubicon for off-road and crawling, while the WT is focused on high-speed off-road.
  • BL has the armor already and includes the Rock Crawl GOAT mode that the WT lacks.
  • The Sway Bar Disconnect is an important feature that should be included in any comparison between the Bronco and Jeep.
    • It has a significant impact on crawling, which will be important to the IFS vs SFA discussion, and could play a role in other elements of crawling as well.
    • It has also been shown to have a significant impact on ride quality when off-road, even if not crawling.
    • The ability to disconnect and reconnect under load is likely to be a much bigger point in favor of the Bronco, so should be included in the comparison.
  • You can still Squatch the BL if you want the 35s for comparison.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a pretty specific use case, sure. I'll bet a SAS Base will wheel to 99% of where a SAS BL will go. It'll just do it on 3 tires more often, LOL.

Sway bar disco re-connects at 20mph, most of my forest service road, beach bombing, snow driving is greater than 20mph. Put manual discos on the Bronco, Done!
Manual disconnects on a $50-60K vehicle????

Good sir, I will not be stepping outside of my carriage and risk scuffing my Louboutins to manually do anything on the trail.

OP
OP
DubleDown

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hi
in the comparaison price WILDTRACK come with sasquash did you forget to add 35 inch tire and a suspension lift kit from MOPAR to jeep compare !
TRACKTOY
Good Point. We will do a MOPAR lift after delivery to "even them up".

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

hi
in the comparaison price WILDTRACK come with sasquash did you forget to add 35 inch tire and a suspension lift kit from MOPAR to jeep compare !
TRACKTOY
Theoretically 315s will fit on a Rubicon stock, but yeah, the 2.5” Mopar lift would do it for sure.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rubicon is a designed crawler

Badlands is a designed crawler

Wildtrack is a designed desert racer

it's pretty simple.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DubleDown

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hi
TRACKTOY
Good Point. We will do a MOPAR lift after delivery to "even them up".

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does everyone think that the badlands is far superior to the Wildtrak? Other than the stabar disco, a rear steel bumper, thicker skids and an extra goat mode, there’s not much difference. Are those 4 things that big a deal? You can option the thicker skids if you’d like. It depends on what kind of comparison testing they’re going to do right? If they’re just strictly going to do rock crawling then the disco will help. But other than that...
YOU FORGOT TO MENTION marine grade vinyl seat vs cloth seat and wash out intérior and sealed electric connection and the access to high and lux pkg. and other thing.... not only 4 things like you say..... APPLE TO APPLE

TRACKTOY

OP
OP
DubleDown

DubleDown

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 911S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands Recommendation noted. Disconnect is a factor. If it affects delivery date, we will downgrade Wrangler to better match Wildtrak.

A big part of this project is not just the crawling and off-roading. It will be about the post purchase modifications and ownership experience. Which things are easier and cost effective. Keep the ideas coming, we are making a list. Here are some examples we have received so far. Let us know what you would like to see. This will be vlogged as well.

Driving Comparisons:
Around Town
Highway
Dirt Road
Trails
-Rubicon
-Moab
-Beach
-Mud
-Snow
Cameras
Radio/Infotainment
Comfort
Visibility
Safety Features
Convenience Features

Easy Stuff:
Taking Doors on/off
Taking Roof on/off
Changing a tire
Adding hardwired dash cam other in cab electronics
Adding Brush/Bull Bar
Lighting
Interior Storage

Medium:
Adding Winch
More Skid Plates
Tire Carrier
Exterior Storage (racks, etc)

Harder:
Gearing
4"+ Lift
40" Tires

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rubicon is a designed crawler

Badlands is a designed crawler

Wildtrack is a designed desert racer

it's pretty simple.
Kind of...but WIldTrak has nothing over the Badlands as far as capability as a "desert racer", except a little but of weight reduction with WildTrak which will be unnoticeable. Badlands is more of an all-arounder that has better rock crawling capability than the rest of the Bronco fleet.
Sponsored