Sponsored

The Wife Approves! Today is a BIG day...

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting conversation last night with my wife of nearly 20 years...

Wife: "So, our shared calendar shows that you are ordering your Bronco tomorrow?"
Me: "Yes ma'am."
Wife: "Don't you think we should talk about that?"
Me: "Um, well, you haven't seemed to be very interested in talking about it since I reserved it last July."
Wife: "Not true."
Me: "Ok, do you want me to share ALL of the details?"
Wife: "Uh, YEAH - it's my money too!"

BADLANDS
2 DOOR
SHADOW BLACK
MGV
LUX
ACCESSORIES TBD
~$56k
#17 of 47 allocated

Wife: "Don't you think it's a little risky to order a vehicle you've never seen or driven?"
Me: "Yep."
Wife: "Ok, sounds good to me."

BAM! I love that woman to the moon and back! Is she skeptical and questioning my sanity? Absolutely, but I am right there with her. I'm not getting any younger, so F*#K IT...

I'm ordering my Bronco today (with the wife's approval ❤)!

BIG shout out to BRONCO6G and all of the good members here - so much information provided & so many questions answered!
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife: "So, our shared calendar shows that you are ordering your Bronco tomorrow?"
Me: "Um, well, you haven't seemed to be very interested in talking about it since I reserved it last July."

BADLANDS
2 DOOR
SHADOW BLACK
MGV
LUX
ACCESSORIES TBD
~$56k
#17 of 47 allocated

Wife: "Don't you think it's a little risky to order a vehicle you've never seen or driven?"

BAM! I love that woman to the moon and back! Is she skeptical and questioning my sanity? Absolutely, but I am right there with her. I'm not getting any younger, so F*#K IT...

BIG shout out to BRONCO6G and all of the good members here - so much information provided & so many questions answered!
She sounds like a keeper! Don't forget to update the order thread once yours is in! It's an exciting process for all of us.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why my wife and I split our finances into "His, Hers, and Ours."

That way I can just order a Bronco whenever I want if I can pay for it myself...

...and she can keep coming home with more and more motorcycles... all the time... without a place to put them... new ones... old ones.... realllllly old ones... and then we get to spend "our" money on a rental garage... and then we get to spend "his" time on motorcycle maintenance...

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That way I can just order a Bronco whenever I want if I can pay for it myself...

...and she can keep coming home with more and more motorcycles... all the time... without a place to put them... new ones... old ones.... realllllly old ones... and then we get to spend "our" money on a rental garage... and then we get to spend "his" time on motorcycle maintenance...
This... This is about right!

6010Head

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Jeep Jk Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been thinking about the Badlands myself.
What engine/trans combo are you going to order?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Reminds me of the conversation my father had with one of his drinking buddies.

• Dad: What you got there, buddy?
  • Buddy: Got a bottle of beer for my wife.
  • Dad: Oh, good trade!

While i'm sorry you didn't get that bottle of beer, she sounds like a keeper. It also sounds from the conversation, like you're getting the manual transmission and 2.3 engine. Good choice as well!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BADLANDS
2 DOOR
SHADOW BLACK
MGV
LUX
ACCESSORIES TBD
~$56k
#17 of 47 allocated

Lol, hey man, welcome aboard. It's a crazy place.
Karaoke at 7:30PM Thursdays,
All you can eat Pineapple pizza Friday-Sunday open-close.
BYOB (late availability)
Please remember to wear a shirt, at least most of the time.
No crude comments to the ladyfolk (not because the guys will beat ya up. They can hold their own).
Please make sure all loose articles are fastened to avoid ejection from the cockpit.
Your results may vary.
*plus $9.99/ mo. billed to your card, subject to cancellation at buyer's written request. no substitutions, guarantees, or warranties expressed or implied. B6G is not liable for Personal injury/property damage, misinformation, ridicule, or irrevocable rights not explicitly mentioned. Use at your own risk.

In all seriousness, I'm happy for ya and don't even know ya. Kudos for having a cool wife. I think most of the guys who are on here have great ones based on what I've read over the past few months. Yours is no exception.
But you know she at least has to drive it the first day...I'm for sure getting mine to so she will get the bug as well.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Exact opposite here. One account, one voice equals more buying power. His- cars & gears. Hers- finance & food.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations! Sounds like an awesome build and awesome wife. Having your wifes support makes all the difference.

I'm not a reservation holder (we'll be getting ours sometime in 2023), but I am one of the lucky ones with a wife who understands what this Bronco is all about. It was even her idea to drive to TN on a whim and see them in person at SuperCel east!

Can't wait to start seeing pictures of you and others taking delivery.

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congratulations! Sounds like an awesome build and awesome wife. Having your wifes support makes all the difference.

I'm not a reservation holder (we'll be getting ours sometime in 2023), but I am one of the lucky ones with a wife who understands what this Bronco is all about. It was even her idea to drive to TN on a whim and see them in person at SuperCel east!

Can't wait to start seeing pictures of you and others taking delivery.
Can't wait to add the new Bronco to my existing Ford "fleet"... 1971 F100, 104K miles, new rebuilt original 302. Has been in the family since it came off the lot in 1971!

FordCabin.JPG

FordFerndale.jpg

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were a few moments of doubt a few moths ago whether I should move forward with ordering the Bronco or just sticking with my '04 TJ. My wife said "Are you crazy? You should just get the Bronco. After all this may be the last new vehicle you buy." I have been sleeping with one eye open and I have my kids taste all of my food! Cancelled the life insurance! :cool:
Sponsored