Sponsored

Swapping Bronco Badges - chrome for black version?

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone know if it will be possible to remove the bronco badge off the tailgate and swap them? As in the black one for a chrome one and vice versa.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if it will be possible to remove the bronco badge off the tailgate and swap them? As in the black one for a chrome one and vice versa.
If they’re anything like other modern trim pieces, it’s probably just attached with adhesive.

A hair dryer, some floss, and some goo-gone will be all you need to put the new one on.

Worst case scenario there are holes in the gate that the logo tabs into... but that shouldn’t be an issue if your intention is to swap it out for another one.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm assuming they are identical holes (if they aren't just stuck on). Black one will be my first "mod" along with black script for the side of my carbonized gray

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BEFORE YOU REMOVE YOUR ORIGINAL BADGE...

Use some painters tape to outline it and mark its location. When you go to install the new one - assuming no alignment tabs - you will get it exactly right the first time.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the best I got so far. 😂
Ford Bronco Swapping Bronco Badges - chrome for black version? 4008A4A4-C136-403B-AC31-2553557AFBE7

Ford Bronco Swapping Bronco Badges - chrome for black version? 1612965832835

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm assuming they are identical holes (if they aren't just stuck on). Black one will be my first "mod" along with black script for the side of my carbonized gray
Do you plan to place the Bronco script where your trim badge is, or other side ?

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you plan to place the Bronco script where your trim badge is, or other side ?
Where trim badge is (both sides?). May need to wait for a scaled down one. Not sure the old one would work due to size. I'll probably mock something up once it's sitting in my garage to test fit/appearance.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where trim badge is (both sides?). May need to wait for a scaled down one. Not sure the old one would work due to size. I'll probably mock something up once it's sitting in my garage to test fit/appearance.
Oh yeah I forgot that badge is on both sides

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Somebody should sell laser-cut templates that mask around the badge so you can spray it black it without having to bother with tape or removing and reinstalling it or all that.

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would say there will probably be alignment holes for the badge, you can see that the Ford badge has them and Mustang badges do as well. At least with Mustang you can buy black versions of the badge through Ford Performance, so I don't see why they wouldn't make them available for Bronco as well

Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would say there will probably be alignment holes for the badge, you can see that the Ford badge has them and Mustang badges do as well. At least with Mustang you can buy black versions of the badge through Ford Performance, so I don't see why they wouldn't make them available for Bronco as well
@Toccoa's post above would seem like there may not be holes but who knows. We'll find out for sure in only a few months now.

Fully agree, I'd expect ford to sell them. It's a part on normal wildtrack, I imagine you can order it from parts later.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Toccoa's post above would seem like there may not be holes but who knows. We'll find out for sure in only a few months now.

Fully agree, I'd expect ford to sell them. It's a part on normal wildtrack, I imagine you can order it from parts later.
I swear there was a pic from the factory a while back that showed no post holes. Just can't find it. I did find another plastic covered one that kinda backs up the no holes theory.
Ford Bronco Swapping Bronco Badges - chrome for black version? 2021 Bronco assembly line plant 30

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somebody should sell laser-cut templates that mask around the badge so you can spray it black it without having to bother with tape or removing and reinstalling it or all that.
there is another thread where someone used plasti-dip. Looked good.
Sponsored