First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the rear window work? Fixed? Or does it roll down into the tailgate? Or does it swing upward? Is it framed at all?
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the rear window work? Fixed? Or does it roll down into the tailgate? Or does it swing upward? Is it framed at all?
Rear glass flips up. Tailgate has to open first then glass. Glass down first when closing.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are pictures and videos all over the forum of this. Search and you shall find.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It works exactly the same way a Jeep wrangler’s rear window works.

You can search the internet and YouTube for that and it will tell you everything you need to know about the Bronco.

Sponsored

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As in all the pics and videos it flips up

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rear glass flips up. Tailgate has to open first then glass. Glass down first when closing.
Matthew...you are one of the few who has followed Bronco from CAD to KOH.

Looking now at the 'real deal'...what do you like most/least? What surprised you in the final product? What did you order?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking now at the 'real deal'...what do you like most/least? What surprised you in the final product? What did you order?
What did I order: Cactus Grey Badlands with manual (2.3 obviously) I kept the stock wheels, because I actually prefer the look and they'll take 35's just fine. I kept the MGV seats and upped to High package for the screen (really wanted heated steering wheel but not paying for Lux for that). Short term I will throw on some 35's with no lift, just removing the crash bars if they cause and issue. I know it may not look as "cool" as the sasquatch but having more downtravel than uptravel will let the IFS flex better (that's what SFA does afterall) and it obviously still handles speed very well!

What do I like most: This is tough, (I cant say everything lol) I guess my favorite thing is the suspension, as a chassis engineer I really appreciate the work that went into this. Its one thing to build a custom race rig, but to build something that can be mass produced cost effectively and hold its own this well at speed or on the rocks without compromising the "road manners" necessary to sell a modern vehicle is not an easy feat. I think its especially impressive considering Ford is not the most healthy business right now and this program had every right and incentive (in the eyes of the MBA's) to stop at the Bronco Sport. Perhaps I am biased, but I see the Bronco as a sort of Hail Mary from the engineers as MBA's were closing in for the tackle and time will tell if a "touchdown" means big money or a short lived but highly desirable product. Elon Musk has managed to survive broken "fundamentals" by focusing on the product, maybe the Bronco will do the same for Ford?

What do I like least: As an engineer I know that there is more performance that could have been squeezed out of the suspension (IFS specifically, i'll give up on my dreams of OEM triangulated rear axle lol). (I have pursued a patent myself only to see Ford, specifically some engineers I know, had already published it) Maybe some of this is what's coming to the Warthog? We'll see, but it certainly could be applied to more than that. I can't slight Ford too much for not squeezing out more performance from the get go, after all you have to get a product out the door and cant develop a model forever. So with that in mind I suppose my biggest disappointment is the interior colors, and to a lesser degree the exterior. This is stuff I had zero knowledge of during development but still had very high expectations for. I am especially disappointed that the two best interiors (by a mile imo) are not only unavailable, but were paraded around during all of the reveal media. I have no idea what happened, how it happened or who's heads are rolling but that was quite the fumble.

What surprised me the most: As I have said before, I have not worked directly on the Bronco, so some things I thought I "knew" were total misconceptions. Sasquatch package surprised me. And although I am not getting it (no reason on Badlands imo) I think it is brilliant. Through development I thought the larger Hoss equipped Broncos were the rumored "Warthog" and that the Warthog would be launched along side the normal Broncos as a "Raptor" variant. I was pleasantly surprised to see that these beefy Hoss boys were available across the board and were still not even what we were considering the "Warthog"

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it rolled into the tailgate you would have to swap the glass window out for the vinyl window when switching between hard and soft tops

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What did I order:
What do I like most:

What do I like least:
What surprised me the most:
I think you're going to 'push' your Bronco much more than I - performance wise. I'm in the NC mountains @4,000ft and will use it mainly on Forest Service roads grouse hunting, plus annual hunting jaunts to MI, ME, or the plains states. I was immediately drawn to 2-door BD, 2.7, & Advanced 4x4, with the alum wheels. I doubt I'll mod anything, but I'll enjoy it immensely. Its a design echo of something I wanted, but couldn't come close to affording in the late 60's.

I too am a little surprised by the product's robustness and amount of model customization.

Don Rumsfeld opined during the Iraq invasion, "you go to war with the army you have (not the army you wish you had)". I think that kinda applies to Ford here as well. They were taking a big step off the beaten path, and a lot of rough edges became very visible.

Hopefully Bronco demand warrants a long product life & you guys make a ton of much-needed profit from it!

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does it work? Like absolute shit. Ford quite literally went with the worst possible option for the rear window operation that they could have.

Sorry, big fan of the rear window on the FSB. have my rear window down right now...still too chilly in the morning for me to take the top off.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it work? Like absolute shit. Ford quite literally went with the worst possible option for the rear window operation that they could have.

Sorry, big fan of the rear window on the FSB. have my rear window down right now...still too chilly in the morning for me to take the top off.
Just flip the rear window up and drive around like that. Granted it’s not the exact same and no remote roll down, but it’s what I do on my Jeep and it works great.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If it rolled into the tailgate you would have to swap the glass window out for the vinyl window when switching between hard and soft tops
OR you could just leave the glass rolled down into the tailgate when the soft top is installed...

I'm with @JimmyDean, I loved the roll down window on my FSB. The rear window is my biggest disappointment with the '21, followed closely by the low tow rating, and the interior color options (or lack thereof.)
Sponsored