First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know yall think this thing is magic, and in many ways it is, but you cannot and I mean CAN NOT shift any vehicle from 4 LOW to 4 HIGH or vice versa at any speed overall crawl. If the computer forces it to happen at say 20 MPH it will be followed by a loud bang. It could be accomplished with a clutch or super synchronizer of some sort but the would make the transfer case much larger and require replacement eventually.
Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fantastic video. I noticed two things:
1. That Cactus Grey looked AWESOME from the view over the hood. Build and Price be damned.
2. Did you notice how quiet that ride seemed? In the audio I didnā€™t hear any rattles, etc.
Iā€™m an F-150 guy. I love the room and the anytime utility of a truck. Iā€™d foresaken the days of strapping the Christmas tree to a roof rack. ā€œThrow it in the bed!ā€ I didnā€™t think the Bronco would seriously tempt me unless it was cheaper than an F-150. But right now I want to strap into a Badlands and never drive on a paved road again.
Pretty sure that this bronco is iconic silver. Same one I rode in. I didnā€™t see any cactus grey Broncos there.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. That Cactus Grey looked AWESOME from the view over the hood. Build and Price be damned.
2. Did you notice how quiet that ride seemed? In the audio I didnā€™t hear any rattles, etc.
Iā€™m an F-150 guy. I love the room and the anytime utility of a truck. Iā€™d foresaken the days of strapping the Christmas tree to a roof rack. ā€œThrow it in the bed!ā€ I didnā€™t think the Bronco would seriously tempt me unless it was cheaper than an F-150. But right now I want to strap into a Badlands and never drive on a paved road again.
Problem solved.

Ford Bronco Another KOH Bronco video - Hill Climb, Accelerating in 4Low, One Touch jeep tree 1.JPG

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what your YJ does in 4L but Iā€™ve had 2 JKs and you really canā€™t go past 20mph in 4L, at that point youā€™d better change to 4H but this appears the Bronco letā€™s you go a little faster.
The low range is a completely different gear set within the transfer case. In modern transfer cases, itā€™s a planetary gear set.

It doesnā€™t shift in and out on speed. There are no clutches for low range so the input and output of the transfer case needs to be as close to stopped as possible.
Unless you have a special gear set, most modern planetary gear sets are around 2.7:1. Some Jeepā€™s have a 4:1 reduction. Itā€™s all about gearing and RPM. Who knows what your Jeep has for axle gears or low range gears.
Low range isnā€™t meant for speed. Itā€™s called low range for a reason.

The bronco 10-speed has three overdrive gears with a final overdrive of 0.636:1. Your Jeepā€™s look to have a bit lower overdrive gear at either 0.797 or 0.893. So yes, the Bronco can go faster in low range just based on that. Running into overdrive gears isnā€™t something Iā€™d recommend at all.

As for my YJ, itā€™s got an NP205 with a 2:1 reduction and twin sticked.

Sponsored

NewFordBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was an Iconic silver Badlands, although it was so dirty it took a minute to figure it out even in person. Yes super quiet, even at 70+ mph with nearly the entire top off it was super quiet with no squeaks or rattles and wind noise was amazingly non-existent. Engine noise was very subdued even at full wood but that doesn't mean it didn't haul ass, the 2.7L definitely puts you back in your seat.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great vid OP, thanks for taking the video and sharing it here. I loved the look back down the hill with that open top. What an experience! I bet it was pretty amazing in person.

I like this driver!

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why no mask?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have to ask you and sonofhammer why? Just because Ford sent uptrimmed Sas equivalents to KOH in no way means all the features demonstrated, (swaybar disco, lockers, cameras , big tires)were actually required to travel the trails. I'm sure any Bronco could travel the trails in the videos and that even a Bronco Sport, piloted by the right driver, could do them.

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have to ask you and sonofhammer why? Just because Ford sent uptrimmed Sas equivalents to KOH in no way means all the features demonstrated, (swaybar disco, lockers, cameras , big tires)were actually required to travel the trails. I'm sure any Bronco could travel the trails in the videos and that even a Bronco Sport, piloted by the right driver, could do them.
Because FOMO, and because shiny toys.

I know that a Bronco Sport will be capable enough to do all the things I want to do. Therefore a BlackDiamond will be more than capable to do All the Things and then some. But my brother has a ZR2, so its tempting to get the shiniest toy in the neighborhood, instead of one that fits my needs.

Bronco is a status vehicle. And many of us on this forum are probably buying more vehicle than we need for status and for approval from people we don't even like. šŸ˜‰

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because FOMO, and because shiny toys.

I know that a Bronco Sport will be capable enough to do all the things I want to do. Therefore a BlackDiamond will be more than capable to do All the Things and then some. But my brother has a ZR2, so its tempting to get the shiniest toy in the neighborhood, instead of one that fits my needs.

Bronco is a status vehicle. And many of us on this forum are probably buying more vehicle than we need for status and for approval from people we don't even like. šŸ˜‰
Are you saying I donā€™t need an FE to drive down Forest Service roads or do doughnuts on the beach? Heresy! šŸ˜†