First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don't see Harpoon locally. I rely on coworkers to bring it back when they visit family. I also have a clone recipe for one of their brews that I make at home.
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a bit messy but this is how I serve my homebrew. It holds 4 5gl kegs. From the blue plugs you can tell that it is time to brew.

thumbnail.jpg

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the area of a grocery store that has a great selection. I grabbed several 4 and 6 packs of craft Pilsners, figuring I’ll do a blind taste test this weekend. Want me to post results?

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the area of a grocery store that has a great selection. I grabbed several 4 and 6 packs of craft Pilsners, figuring I’ll do a blind taste test this weekend. Want me to post results?
Sounds like a fun event. I would be interesting in seeing the results.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never brewed a beer that uses lager yeast because it needs to be fermented at a lower temp than I can achieve in my basement. I have been thinking of trying one and fermenting it in my beer fridge. A clean Pilsner would be a good first candidate.

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was invited to a party Saturday evening, so that would have been a poor choice to do my blind taste test. If I’m sampling 5 beers, I’m opening 5 beers...I’m finishing 5 beers. Sunday was out, because I was hungover, lol.
So I asked my wife to pour samples and not tell me which was which. In random order:
Omme Gang Idyll Days Pilsner
Blue Point Pinstripe Pils
Bell’s Lager of the Lakes
Pills Mafia (independent craft)
And I threw in a polish beer that I’ve had before, Okocim.
Ford Bronco BEER! ? 3B27BA51-C28F-447C-9522-00A7C1DDC72C

Ford Bronco BEER! ? 45A2ADD6-76B8-4E95-B9D5-0CF5817486BA

Beer #1, was noticeably darker than the others. After tasting it, I knew it was Okocim. Just a different taste, richer. #2,3 and 5 were very similar to each other. #4 was hoppy. Like, way hoppier than the others. Like a pale ale. #4 was the Pills Mafia (GO BILLS!) I liked it, but I’m not usually in the mood for hoppy beer.
2,3 and 5 were so close that I could mix and match them in a cooler and not notice a difference. Maybe the Omme Gang had a hint of fruitiness to it, very subtle. I’m going to go finish them, maybe I’ll have a definite opinion afterwards.
Beer is good.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was invited to a party Saturday evening, so that would have been a poor choice to do my blind taste test. If I’m sampling 5 beers, I’m opening 5 beers...I’m finishing 5 beers. Sunday was out, because I was hungover, lol.
So I asked my wife to pour samples and not tell me which was which. In random order:
Omme Gang Idyll Days Pilsner
Blue Point Pinstripe Pils
Bell’s Lager of the Lakes
Pills Mafia (independent craft)
And I threw in a polish beer that I’ve had before, Okocim.

Beer #1, was noticeably darker than the others. After tasting it, I knew it was Okocim. Just a different taste, richer. #2,3 and 5 were very similar to each other. #4 was hoppy. Like, way hoppier than the others. Like a pale ale. #4 was the Pills Mafia (GO BILLS!) I liked it, but I’m not usually in the mood for hoppy beer.
2,3 and 5 were so close that I could mix and match them in a cooler and not notice a difference. Maybe the Omme Gang had a hint of fruitiness to it, very subtle. I’m going to go finish them, maybe I’ll have a definite opinion afterwards.
Beer is good.
This looks like a good activity for dealing with rona. Stay at home with a few close friends and enjoy a few

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Speaking of beer, I’m hoping in 3.5 years (when I hit retirement age) of driving my new Bronco to the holy land and having another one of these

Can’t wait to road trip the FE to the far north and then down to key west, with wheeling everywhere in between. I miss the 907, especially the interior summers, which were made for drinking beer in the midnight sun.