Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We know it’s based on the ranger, and the spy photos didn’t have it. But a xl fleet version might. ??‍♂ It’s okay to hope.
I like your approach that it's ok to hope. Kind of gets me thinking. Can I get a foot activated e-brake as well as the good old foot activated high beams? That kicked ass back in the day!
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've not seen one person beg for it yet. And we are all but certain that we won't get it. But plenty have said they'd certainly like it. And it adds to the room of a vehicle. Something to sit on, something to place a cooler on so you aren't diving into the rear to get your beer or whatever. The list does go on. Hell maybe all trucks will switch to swing gates some day. If nothing else, it'll keep the construction workers busy since they won't have a place to sit anymore ;)

As for the 3 step process (we'll leave out the swing out tire and open tailgate part) it can be handled by a.) rolling down rear window prior to leaving front seat. or b.) That nifty little key assembly in the tailgate that allows you to roll down the window from behind the vehicle.

Now the digital age of having everything done for us has made it so some can't comprehend those simple options, so just maybe Ford can add Google Assistant, Alexa, or even dumb ass Siri to the vehicle so we can simply stare at the tailgate and say "Hey (insert digital assistant), roll down rear window". Which actually would be kinda fun the first or second time I did it.
I mean, I don't think Bronco's back will be that cavernous that you're having to dive way into the back to grab something.

Sure it can have those things, but it's still a 3 step process regardless of how it's done - 1) window lowered, 2) tire swung out, 3) lower tailgate. Unless the tailgate is dampened and pushing the tailgate release automatically lowers the window (which could work, but you risk the window hitting something as its lowering while the tailgate lowers.

Whoah. WIRELESS AA/AC?

NOICE.
Anyone else find CarPlay not that useful/overrated?

A window is incapable of lowering into a swing gate? Thanks for letting me know.
What are you talking about? I never said anything about a window not being able to drop into a tailgate.

While the new Bronco does indeed have a swing gate as we have already established, there will be something that will make tailgate lovers happy. That's all I'll say. Just don't be too upset about the lack of a traditional tailgate because Ford hasn't forgotten about you.
Sounds like either a "tailgate" behind the swinggate that can fold down, or maybe a "drawer" under the load floor that slides out sitting where a tailgate would?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the new Bronco does indeed have a swing gate as we have already established, there will be something that will make tailgate lovers happy. That's all I'll say. Just don't be too upset about the lack of a traditional tailgate because Ford hasn't forgotten about you.
So, there’s going to be a slide out platform?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After watching the video, I like it. I am not happy with the color choices, though. Also, that thing in the back under the seat - hopefully it can fold up. That takes up a lot of flat real estate on the back floor. I hope the Bronco has some of the same cool features like a generator.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you talking about? I never said anything about a window not being able to drop into a tailgate.
Since that was the point of my comment you got triggered about, the real question is, what’re you talking about?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since that was the point of my comment you got triggered about, the real question is, what’re you talking about?
LMAO... he said "triggered". Maybe it's time some of us start medicating!!

BTW, back to this whole hoping thing.... is it too much to ask for 2 tone paint as well? I think that would make a ton of people really happy!

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
maybe a "drawer" under the load floor that slides out sitting where a tailgate would?
That would make sense, might be part of the door "oven" we've heard about. I can see that being useful in some cases, but I doubt it's something we'll be able to use hauling something down the road unfortunately.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've not seen one person beg for it yet. And we are all but certain that we won't get it. But plenty have said they'd certainly like it. And it adds to the room of a vehicle. Something to sit on, something to place a cooler on so you aren't diving into the rear to get your beer or whatever. The list does go on. Hell maybe all trucks will switch to swing gates some day. If nothing else, it'll keep the construction workers busy since they won't have a place to sit anymore ;)

As for the 3 step process (we'll leave out the swing out tire and open tailgate part) it can be handled by a.) rolling down rear window prior to leaving front seat. or b.) That nifty little key assembly in the tailgate that allows you to roll down the window from behind the vehicle.

Now the digital age of having everything done for us has made it so some can't comprehend those simple options, so just maybe Ford can add Google Assistant, Alexa, or even dumb ass Siri to the vehicle so we can simply stare at the tailgate and say "Hey (insert digital assistant), roll down rear window". Which actually would be kinda fun the first or second time I did it.
Moving a spare tire, having to roll down the back window with key just to drop down the tailgate is stupidly long process and majority of the public would hate and be annoyed with it, I mean it was cool but that all it is cool it's funtion was garbage. Also with seeing the spy shots of the "tailgate" it makes why it swings out rather than drops down... It's bloody massive. Anyway point is it's easier to just pull handle any day of the week

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moving a spare tire, having to roll down the back window with key just to drop down the tailgate is stupidly long process and majority of the public would hate and be annoyed with it, I mean it was cool but that all it is cool it's funtion was garbage. Also with seeing the spy shots of the "tailgate" it makes why it swings out rather than drops down... It's bloody massive. Anyway point is it's easier to just pull handle any day of the week
If I wanted easy I'd be buying a toyota. I want rugged, functional, unique, tedious! Seriously, I would much rather have a tailgate with roll down window than a swing gate or lift gate. maybe we'll get half lucky and the window can roll down into the swing gate. I roll the rear window down in my 4runner any time I am in there without the wife or kid. And would like to do the same here when I am not just completely removing the top.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The ideal thing would be to have it work as a lift gate like most SUV's use, but that would require a setup that's probably too expensive to lift a wheel and tire that big.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After watching the video, I like it. I am not happy with the color choices, though. Also, that thing in the back under the seat - hopefully it can fold up. That takes up a lot of flat real estate on the back floor. I hope the Bronco has some of the same cool features like a generator.
It does fold flat - so you have the option of it being a fully flat floor, but you also have the option for the storage compartments if you want to keep things from moving around in the back seat. And it's lockable with the seat down.

I still don't understand what you're getting at - I never said anything about a window being unable to roll down into a tailgate, and then your next post is about how I said a window can't go into the tailgate.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The ideal thing would be to have it work as a lift gate like most SUV's use, but that would require a setup that's probably too expensive to lift a wheel and tire that big.
The top wouldn't be removable either.