Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So some things I took from this that we have known but little video evidence:

1. Real sound of 2.3L under all types of load. While it can be a little pitchy I thought it did well to sound more hum and less airy.

2. I would probably never use trail turn due to the horrible whine I've heard in all the other videos once he showed how to enable front locker and keep rear open. While not as tight of a turn it still looked like a small turn radius.

3. The video front the top crossbar really helped to show how large the terrain change was. All week we heard the other forum members say the videos didn't do justice and now we see why. The rock crawl following the black truck was easily an 8 ft climb at over 50° yet it didn't slow down one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But;

ThE 4CyL iS wEaK

ThErE iS nO rEpLaCeMeNt fOr (0.4l more) dIsPlaCeMeNt

ThE bRoNcO iS tOo HeAvY fOr a 4CyL

ThE mOtOr Is GoInG tO wOrK tOo HaRd

ItS tOo HaRd tO DrIvE sTiCk In TrAfFiC (I did that shit every day for 3 years in Honolulu and still do it in San Antonio traffic)

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The most impressive thing about all these videos is that Ford actually allowed this to happen. Think about the risk of running these vehicles constantly over multiple days and abusing them with customers in them and filming. One breakdown, no matter how minor, would be a huge deal.

That shows some serious confidence in the product.

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The most impressive thing about all these videos is that Ford actually allowed this to happen. Think about the risk of running these vehicles constantly over multiple days and abusing them with customers in them and filming. One breakdown, no matter how minor, would be a huge deal.

That shows some serious confidence in the product.
Especially considering they are all pre-production models.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May be my favorite so far. Love the part where they follow a super modded truck on 40” SS making all kinds of noise.... then quietly make it up with no fuss. Glad I went with the manual 2.3! Both set ups have their advantages, but 2.3 for me all day. Thanks for posting!
Sponsored