Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As finicky as first year models can be I would prefer a 22. Patience now is better than a monthly trip to the dealer to get random recalls addressed. I know it's not what people who want theirs right away want to hear, but there will be plenty "glad I got pushed to 22" posts in 6-9 months.
Although Ford has screwed up this release I feel like they are actually putting more effort into the quality of the vehicle. Considering how popular the bronco is Ford can't afford to have recalls and problems. Besides, waiting another 6 months you will most likely still have all the problems the 2021 models will have considering the late arrival of 2021 models.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As finicky as first year models can be I would prefer a 22. Patience now is better than a monthly trip to the dealer to get random recalls addressed. I know it's not what people who want theirs right away want to hear, but there will be plenty "glad I got pushed to 22" posts in 6-9 months.
Funny thing is, they'll be pumping out trucks as fast as they can. I honestly think any issues the 21's have, the 22's will have the same.
Maybe by MY23 when things slow down they'll get around to fixing the minor little issues.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny thing is, they'll be pumping out trucks as fast as they can. I honestly think any issues the 21's have, the 22's will have the same.
Maybe by MY23 when things slow down they'll get around to fixing the minor little issues.
was just about to say the same.

From everything I've seen and come to understand, 22's are just simply 21's that couldn't be built in 21. I don't see them making any changes to the manufacturing or supply line. (besides color, maybe some additional minor options) Especially if they're already facing supplier delays. Making any changes will delay it even more. Or if there are any 'major' updates, it'll be late 22 availability. early 22's will simply be 21's.

I think 23's are when you'll start seeing bigger changes.

Plus you can play this game FOREVER. 24's will be better than the 23's and 25's better than the 24's, etc... at some point you just need to pull the trigger.

I think the "22's will work out the kinks" camp is just ppl justifying why they're getting their bronco later than they wanted. I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that if covid didn't happen, and Ford was able to stick to their original schedule, all those waiting till 22's would happily take their Bronco in 21. It's amazing what the human brain will have you 'believe', to fit your narrative.

Or that's me just justifying getting a 21. But I'll gladly let you know what kinks I'm facing, while you're sitting at home, without a Bronco.... wishing... wondering... "what are the Bronco owners doing right now? Are they out there? In the wild? Doing it without me? Are they even thinking about me at all?!?!" 😂😂😂

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, another 4" on the ground and still NO Bronco in my driveway... 🤬 Ford is killing me.

Good news is, wife didn't feel like going in today so she gave me her Jeep. My Mustang would not have liked some of the roads I had to travel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am tired of this snow and of course by time I get my bronco we won't get jack shit for me drive in
for reals. but just the last part, I love snow. I went without the Adv 4x4, bc it's really only useful days following snow storms when roads are cleared, but not fully dry, and then snow melts, temps drop at night, so ice forms, etc... Otherwise you don't ever need it.

Plus this isn't my main car. it's my 'weekender'. So I figured why bother, it never snows around here anymore anyway. Then boom. Got ourselves a real winter this year. So I started thinking, hmmmm. maybe I should add it?

I still won't. haha.

Although, with that said.... way back in my younger years, I flipped a 2003 explorer (in 2008) on my way to VT. Unseasonably warm day, got up to Stratton around midnight, temps dropped, so snow runoff turned into black ice... yeah, was not fun. lucky to be alive honestly. but anyway. i wonder if 4A would've helped in that situation? I feel like nothing would help with black ice.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1613065139512

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
i wonder if 4A would've helped in that situation? I feel like nothing would help with black ice.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1613065139512
Personal opinion:

Unless you were in a position to throttle out of the skid, I doubt 4a would have done any difference. That being said the esc/traction control in todays vehicles is far superior.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

for reals. but just the last part, I love snow. I went without the Adv 4x4, bc it's really only useful days following snow storms when roads are cleared, but not fully dry, and then snow melts, temps drop at night, so ice forms, etc... Otherwise you don't ever need it.

Plus this isn't my main car. it's my 'weekender'. So I figured why bother, it never snows around here anymore anyway. Then boom. Got ourselves a real winter this year. So I started thinking, hmmmm. maybe I should add it?

I still won't. haha.

Although, with that said.... way back in my younger years, I flipped a 2003 explorer (in 2008) on my way to VT. Unseasonably warm day, got up to Stratton around midnight, temps dropped, so snow runoff turned into black ice... yeah, was not fun. lucky to be alive honestly. but anyway. i wonder if 4A would've helped in that situation? I feel like nothing would help with black ice.

1613065139512.png
Yea I don't think there is any setting that will help with black ice unless you have a James Bond car that deploys spikes from the tires for better traction 😂. I went with the advanced 4x4 too. Maybe it will actually make a difference like the drive modes. Seems like people at KOH were saying the drive modes a difference like Baja mode, so who knows 4A might actually be worth it.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea I don't think there is any setting that will help with black ice unless you have a James Bond car that deploys spikes from the tires for better traction 😂. I went with the advanced 4x4 too. Maybe it will actually make a difference like the drive modes. Seems like people at KOH were saying the drive modes a difference like Baja mode, so who knows 4A might actually be worth it.
yeah, I really keep going back and forth on it.

I'm going BD, so no baja mode... but I guess it's used for the slippery mode.

Sponsored

Ford2201

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 - 2014 JKU - 1997 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah my guess is most dealers really don't know. They may see if on their end but don't have a clue what else to do.

Still have a little over a month before it closes, so maybe a little soon to worry. But yeah, call them end of this week maybe. If still no answer try again next week. By end of next week I'd begin to worry a little.
the saga continues. Talked with Ford today. They see my reservation and my order conversion. All they can tell me about my order is it’s a 2 door bronco. They say they can’t see specifics on any orders. Like trim, engine, etc. only door number and model.

they say there may be a glitch (🙄) in Ford.com account but my order is confirmed. Ford Asked if dealer had any input. Dealer says they don’t and to call Ford. Round and round it goes. Ford says it takes a while (no definition of a while) for glitch to clear. Give it a few weeks 😓.
They tell me I should hear from my dealer before the window closes. Is that correct? Or do I need to confirm my order again with dealer. Seems like that would be good idea.
I imagine no one has any good answers but any input is welcome. I don’t want to be left out at the order close. Ford sees an order. I have a dealer code sheet and purchase order form. Dealer says by their allocations I should get a 2021. Second day reservation.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the saga continues. Talked with Ford today. They see my reservation and my order conversion. All they can tell me about my order is it’s a 2 door bronco. They say they can’t see specifics on any orders. Like trim, engine, etc. only door number and model.

they say there may be a glitch (🙄) in Ford.com account but my order is confirmed. Ford Asked if dealer had any input. Dealer says they don’t and to call Ford. Round and round it goes. Ford says it takes a while (no definition of a while) for glitch to clear. Give it a few weeks 😓.
They tell me I should hear from my dealer before the window closes. Is that correct? Or do I need to confirm my order again with dealer. Seems like that would be good idea.
I imagine no one has any good answers but any input is welcome. I don’t want to be left out at the order close. Ford sees an order. I have a dealer code sheet and purchase order form. Dealer says by their allocations I should get a 2021. Second day reservation.
Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you, because I just don't know.

Assuming it's still screwed up in the coming weeks......
My advice would be, contact your dealer a week or two before orders close and go over everything again and have them confirm that it is entered correctly into the system. This way you'll have time to go through Ford again as well.

BTW, I can't keep track of everyone around here, who is your order with? I'm thinking maybe your dealer should reach out to Bronco@ (I see @DealerInsider always talking about that, some email address for ford or something?). Or, I've seen multiple dealers talking about speaking with their regional Ford reps. In other words, it seems like there are things your dealer could be doing to help confirm all of this stuff.

Ford2201

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 - 2014 JKU - 1997 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. I’m crossing my fingers and going to stay on top of the dealer in the closing week. With any luck my concern won’t be real. We shall see. If they F’ it up I may go back to the dark side (Jeep). Hope not tho

Medford Ford.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah, I really keep going back and forth on it.

I'm going BD, so no baja mode... but I guess it's used for the slippery mode.
yea I am going w/ BD too. Looks like those that don't get Baja get sport mode. so basically Baja on the road
Sponsored