Sponsored

B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not?

Can you drive a stick (manual)? Yes or No

• Total voters

Tayterlee

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I WANT A MANUAL, but will end up ordering auto because FORD WONT PAIR THE MANUAL WITH THE 2.7! I’m guessing the manual ordering would be much higher if this was an option.

wolfhawk73

Base
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been driving a manual since my dad taught me to drive his '83 Ranger when I was 14 (1987). Currently daily drive a 1998 Ranger with a manual that I bought in 2000 and will pass to my son in 2 years. Before that was a '93 Super Coupe with a manual. My knees aren't shot yet, so my next vehicle will have one, too. I'm hoping the Bronco manual tranny carries over to the new Ranger in whateverthehellyearit'llbereleased. Can't do without the truck bed unless I hit the lotto big enough to buy a Bronco, too, LOL.

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can drive a manual but my wife and daughter can't. while I dont expect them to drive the new Bronco much I want them to be able to in case of an emergency or a car is in the shop so its an auto for me.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This poll definitively proves that out community is NOT a representative sample.
This poll is definitely a representative sample for the active members of this community though.

Sponsored

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This poll is definitely a representative sample for the active members of this community though.
Cmon McClane! Most these jokers are granny shifting not double clutching like they should!!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Representative Sample...
Of BG6 members...
That are "awesome"...
Does not include other groups, such as "moderately adequate BG6 Members", for example.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been driving manuals since I was born! Mama gave birth to me on her way driving to the hospital in the old farm truck three on the tree. When I popped out she injured her left leg, so I sat there in the floor board and pushed the clutch in for her so we could make it to the hospital safely. They always say better to learn the hard way.🤠

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cough cough “female” here.
Owned 3 manuals in my lifetime. Learned to drive on a manual. My brother taught me.
Mazda 626. Honda Civic and S2000.

Bronco Auto for me.
I dont think that there is a guy alive that does not think a girl driving stick is coolđź‘Ť

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This poll definitively proves that out community is NOT a representative sample.
I don' think this poll even represents the 6g community because people who drive a stick are much more likely to respond to the survey than those who do not.

It's like saying "How many of you do not pick your nose?" Would you *really* expect all the nose-pickers to fess up?

Not counting my boyfriend's mother's car, an automatic that he and I used to "borrow" for joyriding in the '70s, I officially learned to drive on a manual - a yellow VW bug, in the San Bernardino Mountains, in the 1980s. I guess that boyfriend figured the threat of driving off a cliff would keep me focused, and it worked. But it was not rocket science. It didn't take any kind of masterful skill. Seriously - look around at all the people you know you can drive a stick. Do they look like geniuses?

I've only owned one manual - a 198-something Isuzu Trooper II that I drove from Nebraska to Kentucky in 1997 (then promptly traded for a Camry) but I've driven friend's sticks (usually Jeeps, and usually because we're on a long road trip and want to share driving so we can take turns sleeping) and even when months or even years passed between drives, the skills didn't disappear. It's pretty much like riding a bike.

So to anyone bemoaning the fact that they're stuck with an auto 'cause their significant other doesn't have the mental capacity or the coordination to learn how to use a stick shift, a gas pedal, a brake, and a clutch, well, you have my sympathy. But if they do and you are simply unwilling to encourage them to learn, or unwilling to teach them, then shame on you.

When I think back on how dumb I was in my 20s, yet I still had the wherewithal to learn how to drive that bug, I'm convinced that anyone - yes, anyone - can learn. Like, in one day. With a patient partner.

Sponsored

darcivic00si

Everglades
First Name
Darci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Evora S
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Cough cough “female” here.
Owned 3 manuals in my lifetime. Learned to drive on a manual. My brother taught me.
Mazda 626. Honda Civic and S2000.
I dont think that there is a guy alive that does not think a girl driving stick is coolđź‘Ť
Female here, too!

I learned how to drive on a manual as well. My mom taught me.

My daily driver and my husband's are both manuals.

Bronco will be a weekend toy (once the newness wears off, lol). Definitely getting the manual 2.3, but still not sure if I'm getting Base, BD, or BL. Most likely 2 door.

Ford Bronco B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not? IMG_2705

Ford Bronco B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not? IMG_2708

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don' think this poll even represents the 6g community because people who drive a stick are much more likely to respond to the survey than those who do not.

It's like saying "How many of you do not pick your nose?" Would you *really* expect all the nose-pickers to fess up?

It can be tricky to shift gears while doing the dirty work :)

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Australia (where I'm originally from), your license was restricted to "auto-only" if you didn't take the exam in a manual transmission. So glad I did! Have been driving stick (both sides of the seat) for 35 years now but will be opting for the 2.7L V6. Had it been offered with a manual I would have jumped all over it.

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I couldn't get a Bronco with a manual, I wouldn't be buying one.
Sponsored