Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2.7 is jammed in the engine bay; 2.3 you got more room to work with — from a long term maintenance perspective it's something to also consider
I don’t think my dealership service dept cares.
Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting at around 18:50 in the video, he talks about a "clutch-type locker" that allows the diffs to slip when needed. This is the first I've heard about that. Anyone have any more information on it? Is it part of the "Advanced 4x4" package that's standard with the BL, FE, and Wildtrack?
i noticed that too. I haven’t read anything about it. He did mention that the steering wasn’t really effected because of the clutch mechanism. Every front locked vehicle I have driven, that’s how you know the locker has really engaged (the steering is stiff, and it snaps back from near full lock). I’ll see if I can find anything on Dana’s or splicer webpages).

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this on YouTube.

so it just struck me they had this fleet of preproduction models out there wheeling probably all day long for a week.. and i didn't hear one report of a system failure at KOH.. that pretty encouraging

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7MT is definitely the correct trans for a Bronco. I feel sorry for all the people who don’t know how to drive one and have to settle for an auto.
It's funny, watching him drive it, I thought, wow, thats why I never want another manual in a 4x4 (I know how to drive one, having had 3 manual Broncos, 1 F-150 (custom ordered) and a Jeep LJ all manual). It's such a pain in the ass, the seating position vs. shifter does not look optimal with a rear passenger and it often makes modulating the throttle difficult, because you can need to shift at the same time you want to alter the throttle. Taking the performance hit with the manual also doesn't add up for me. To each their own, but don't think my choice is based on my inability to drive a manual :)

I loved the quote-"This is as good or better than my $10K Icon suspension in my 4Runner." You could tell he was thinking, this is way better than my $10k Icon suspension in my 4Runner!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate how much I love Area-51 with the fresh tan/yellow dust. I looks like it was made for dirt. I really hope Cactus Gray wears the grime this well.

Ryno

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The most impressive thing about all these videos is that Ford actually allowed this to happen. Think about the risk of running these vehicles constantly over multiple days and abusing them with customers in them and filming. One breakdown, no matter how minor, would be a huge deal.

That shows some serious confidence in the product.
Great point, and on that note... during my test ride (which was also with Brian) I asked if any vehicles had experienced issues. He said to his knowledge no issues or failures and went on to say that Ford told all the drivers to put them their paces and gave no restrictions. Ford told them just to bring any issues to their attention but otherwise just pound on them. Pretty impressive

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7MT is definitely the correct trans for a Bronco. I feel sorry for all the people who don’t know how to drive one and have to settle for an auto.
I completely agree, it looks so right. The whole set up and how the they designed the center console and all that. In my bias opinion the two fits better but still cool regardless what door configuration people go with. I learned how to drive manual this past summer so I wouldn't have to learn in my Bronco. I know I'd be settling at this point if I ordered mine with an auto. But to each their own manual or auto, I hope everyone enjoys their Bronco regardless of their transmission or engine choice.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even when you can, compromise is how you get agreement at home.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting at around 18:50 in the video, he talks about a "clutch-type locker" that allows the diffs to slip when needed. This is the first I've heard about that. Anyone have any more information on it? Is it part of the "Advanced 4x4" package that's standard with the BL, FE, and Wildtrack?
Wondering about this myself. He certainly seemed to turn much tighter and easier with that front locker engaged than I would have expected.

If accurate, it leads to lots of questions. How does it determine when it needs to slip? How likely is it to create problems and slip when you don't want it?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering about this myself. He certainly seemed to turn much tighter and easier with that front locker engaged than I would have expected.

If accurate, it leads to lots of questions. How does it determine when it needs to slip? How likely is it to create problems and slip when you don't want it?
The advanced transfer case can alter front to rear differential, but my understanding of the axles, they are electronic locking and when locked, no differential action is possible. Unlocked, the GOAT system can use the abs to simulate some aspects of a “limited slip”. Maybe that’s what he was referring to?
Sponsored