Sponsored

Getting ready... What other accessories / preparations?

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During the waiting times between reservations, orders, March 19, production start, and delivery - I am just curious what other accessories and/or preparations others are doing to stay occupied. In particular, things outside of the "official" published accessories list already posted. For me, in no particular order:

1. Custom license plate
2. Bronco6G Stigger (thanks, Ashley)
3. Sasquatch sticker
4. ARB compressor
5. Horse whinny horn
6. Whiskey to celebrate "take delivery" day
7. Whip light(s), flag whips
8. Gift for dealer (who has been awesome)
9. Surfing the Bronco6g.com forums (of course)

Looking for some other ideas... new cowboy hat, event/travel planning, meet-ups, onboard coolers, etc.?
Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to get one of these to protect the car since Paint protection is so expensive

until i realized the car is almost all aluminum and magnets dont stick :(

https://www.mekmagnet.com/

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm building my overlanding trailer right now.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
However my accessories in order will likely be

1. Warn winch once it comes out with a bumper that has the winch inside it and it doesnt block the camera.

Ford Bronco Getting ready... What other accessories / preparations? JEEP BUMPER

2. Lighting , KC hilites pro6 lightbar and flex era 4's , Have not decided what rock lights i want yet though

Ford Bronco Getting ready... What other accessories / preparations? flex era 4

3. Based on the KOH video stating they were running almost full pressure in the tires , i might have to put off an air compressor entirely.

4. A tent. Leaning towards a shiftpod but who knows

5. Ultra long term a overlanding trailer like the valiant 452
Ford Bronco Getting ready... What other accessories / preparations? valiant trailer

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm building my overlanding trailer right now.
You should start a thread in the overlanding sub-forum to document your build. I'm sure many would be interested in following such a build and the hurdles/decisions that need to be overcome.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You should start a thread in the overlanding sub-forum to document your build. I'm sure many would be interested in following such a build and the hurdles/decisions that need to be overcome.
Not a bad idea. At some point when isn't freeze your nuts off cold outside, I'll go take some pictures.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a bad idea. At some point when isn't freeze your nuts off cold outside, I'll go take some pictures.
There was another @damarble that was building a trailer, but he has taken a hiatus. I haven't seen him around and maybe just taking a break after submitting his order.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One item I definitely want in hand before taking delivery is a quality satellite emergency locator beacon.

I might even go a step further and get a sat phone or a satellite internet hot spot.

They certainly aren’t cheap, but I plan on taking the Bronco to some pretty remote locations and think it would be a good investment.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bare minimum, I would make sure you have a snatch strap, pair of shackles (hard or soft), first aid kit, and shovel in your recovery kit. I purchased a basic first aid kit from My Medic when it was on sale for Black Friday. It is compact and sufficient for my use. You can always pay more to get a more inclusive kit, but some sort of first aid is a must.

Then I would look at picking up some traction boards and a bottle jack for easier off-road tire changes. Hi-lifts aren't ideal for this. Search around and you will see what I mean. Tire repair kits can come in handy as well. They aren't too expensive or large and you can throw one in the glovebox and forget about it until you need it.

Tire deflators will be super nice to have if you are airing down regularly, and I'm assuming you are because you are getting a compressor. I will probably purchase some Coyote deflators for my Bronco. I currently use a pressure gauge with a release on my Jeep and it is SLOW!

There is tons more stuff out there that I didn't mention, but these are some basics. Try searching around a bit and watching some youtube videos. There are a lot of Jeep guys that review and explain the importance of certain gear and you can decide for yourself if it's worth it to carry. I like TrailRecon's and Ronny Dahl's videos a lot. Plenty of good info out there!

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There was another @damarble that was building a trailer, but he has taken a hiatus. I haven't seen him around and maybe just taking a break after submitting his order.
Looks like he peaced out entirely and deleted all the threads he started to boot.

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bare minimum, I would make sure you have a snatch strap, pair of shackles (hard or soft), first aid kit, and shovel in your recovery kit. I purchased a basic first aid kit from My Medic when it was on sale for Black Friday. It is compact and sufficient for my use. You can always pay more to get a more inclusive kit, but some sort of first aid is a must.

Then I would look at picking up some traction boards and a bottle jack for easier off-road tire changes. Hi-lifts aren't ideal for this. Search around and you will see what I mean. Tire repair kits can come in handy as well. They aren't too expensive or large and you can throw one in the glovebox and forget about it until you need it.

Tire deflators will be super nice to have if you are airing down regularly, and I'm assuming you are because you are getting a compressor. I will probably purchase some Coyote deflators for my Bronco. I currently use a pressure gauge with a release on my Jeep and it is SLOW!

There is tons more stuff out there that I didn't mention, but these are some basics. Try searching around a bit and watching some youtube videos. There are a lot of Jeep guys that review and explain the importance of certain gear and you can decide for yourself if it's worth it to carry. I like TrailRecon's and Ronny Dahl's videos a lot. Plenty of good info out there!
Awesome ideas and resources for me to help me survive our shared Michigan winter. Thanks, Philly!

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome ideas and resources for me to help me survive our shared Michigan winter. Thanks, Philly!
No worries! Also, I carry a small snow shovel in my Jeep just about all winter long. Has come in handy when I didn't expect more than once! Jumper cables, zip ties, duct tape, utility knife are all small things I keep in my Jeep all the time too. Never know when you will need to cobble something together.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I"m seeing a ton of these threads; which is fine, but I keep seeing true accessories listed, or cosmetics which are cute, but aren't always essential.

What is essential is a solid investment in recovery gear, and the shit ain't cheap. a kinetic strap, tow strap, shackles (soft, bow), shovel, recovery boards, etc are must haves. This is at minimum a $400 investment. Good shit, think $700 and I haven't even mentioned tools yet.

Zip ties, duct tape, fire extinguisher, Communications, air down tool, jump starter (lithium Ion).

These are the things that everyone new to this should start saving up for and buying right now.

I am so tired of dragging douche bags out of spots with my rig. Not sure I'll do much of it with the Bronco since it'll be new. I will use my winch in a pinch, but I hate to because they're high maintenance even though I have one now on the old Disco.

Snatching someone with my new rig is likely a "what kind of gear do you got?" scenario. Anyone without any gear or tools at all with anything more than a simple flat (with a spare), or a dead battery will likely get left on the trail to learn a hard lesson. Don't assume that other guys got ya. Go prepared, get to go home.
Sponsored