Sponsored

Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm presently dealing with Bonnell on my Badlands 4-door build. They've been relatively good so far, but I think it's obvious none of these dealers are particularly into this order a car game. They want to move cars on the lot. They're paid on this month's numbers, not future sales of a vehicle they have never even seen. And all this get this at invoice a thousand miles away thing ... yeah, sounds great, then I have another vehicle a thousand miles away. So I'm working with them and we'll see how it goes. Having a dealer that is close buy for service and the like going forward is what I'm going for. Fingers crossed ...
Did you in an order for your badlands yet?
Sponsored

Judy

Base
First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm presently dealing with Bonnell on my Badlands 4-door build. They've been relatively good so far, but I think it's obvious none of these dealers are particularly into this order a car game. They want to move cars on the lot. They're paid on this month's numbers, not future sales of a vehicle they have never even seen. And all this get this at invoice a thousand miles away thing ... yeah, sounds great, then I have another vehicle a thousand miles away. So I'm working with them and we'll see how it goes. Having a dealer that is close buy for service and the like going forward is what I'm going for. Fingers crossed ...
For what it’s worth, I’m buying my Bronco thousands of miles away, and will continue to patronize my local Ford dealer for service and warranty work.

Not only is there no problem doing that, the idea of loyalty between the Sales and Service departments is a long-expired concept.

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it’s worth, I’m buying my Bronco thousands of miles away, and will continue to patronize my local Ford dealer for service and warranty work.

Not only is there no problem doing that, the idea of loyalty between the Sales and Service departments is a long-expired concept.
I will continue to support my local dealer with a future purchase, especially after today's conversation. They would not move from MSRP, but they were extremely honest about their position and understood why I am would move reservation. No games played.

The NE dealers have a lot of folks signing at MSRP. They are not going to budge. Their plan is working for them

I have the luxury of having the ability to wait, so if I slip a few spots to save a couple grand....

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will continue to support my local dealer with a future purchase, especially after today's conversation. They would not move from MSRP, but they were extremely honest about their position and understood why I am would move reservation. No games played.

The NE dealers have a lot of folks signing at MSRP. They are not going to budge. Their plan is working for them

I have the luxury of having the ability to wait, so if I slip a few spots to save a couple grand....
Yep, communication is all I really care about. Did I want a deal? Yep absolutely. Not getting one wasn't the deal breaker, it was the lack of communication.
Me:i'm ready to order
Them: *crickets*
Me: i'm still ready to order
Them: 1900 nonrefundable
Me: gross, how about x,z,y?
Them: *crickets*

Ok Philly it is then!

Sponsored

loconnell

Big Bend
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched to Chapman Ford in Horsham PA today. Janell was not terribly communicative...I just felt in the dark. I have a mid-august reservation date. Tom at Chapman was great - super responsive and got back to me with pricing and particulars asap. Super easy to switch.

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've bought cars all over this lovely country. I've used a cheap open trailers for transport, a expensive closed trailer once, and I've flown in to pick another up with plates in my backpack. I've done this for expensive cars and cheap, but special (to me) cars. But man o man, I'm over it. I want a local car, with plates on it ready to go. Will it cost more? Yup. Do I care? Not that much. It took me a long time to admit it, but sometimes easy for more money is worth it to me. Other times, I'll fight to the last penny. :)

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What price range are they offering - MSRP or Invoice+? What is the deposit? Thanks!
Right around msrp, may have wiggle room. I put down 400 deposit.

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is my dealer as well (Deb is my rep). Was wondering what ever happened with this. I am at MSRP and $500 doc fee AFAIK. Also has anyone gotten one in MA/New England?

BB + MIC Order Date: 3/9/2021

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is my dealer as well (Deb is my rep). Was wondering what ever happened with this. I am at MSRP and $500 doc fee AFAIK. Also has anyone gotten one in MA/New England?

BB + MIC Order Date: 3/9/2021

Going through Deb too. Haven't heard much about anything. Debating checking in with her tomorrow

Sponsored
OP
OP
Parrett

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to Chapman Ford in Horsham PA today. Janell was not terribly communicative...I just felt in the dark. I have a mid-august reservation date. Tom at Chapman was great - super responsive and got back to me with pricing and particulars asap. Super easy to switch.
What is Chapman Ford looking for ADM? They aren't showing any Window Stickers available on their "available extended inventory", but the pricing looks like they are tacking on an additional $10,000.

OP
OP
Parrett

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have bought a couple Fords through Bonnell and also had a connection through some commercial vehicles bought there. I initially had my 2nd day reservation though them, but after absolutely no communication from them and several unanswered email, I switched dealers. Plus now they are adding $10k onto any Bronco that they get in, including the ones they acquire from "reservation holders that did not pick up their vehicle".

CapeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my from Sentry Ford in Medford even though I live on Cape Cod. I bought quite a few Fords from them (Expedition, F150, Explorer, Focus Wagon etc) when I lived in Somerville.
Mark Roberge is the man to see.
I paid sticker for mine. No upsell, no dealer incentive, no markup.

What ever you do, steer clear of any Ford Dealership associated with Herb Chambers Motor Cars. They are tacking on $10,000 plus to their MSRP. Just an FYI.
Sponsored