Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also the “raptor bronco” has a name and has for a while. It’s Warthog.
Enough with this “raptor” shit
If they don’t put a 2 stroke in it and call it the Braaaptor, I don’t want it.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not gonna lie I had to go watch some C7.R onboard after that so I could hear what a racecar should sound like before I go off to sleep. ?‍♂
I went and watched Kobayashi's record quali lap to remind me that GT cars ain't shit lol.

No yeah the Ford GT doesn't sound that great but it's basically ther best you're gonna get with a V6 EcoBoost. Definitely sounds better onboard.

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Me personally, I wish ford developed a smaller v8 built ford tough or wild idk anymore, but boosted with a flat plane for the raptor or warthog idk anymore lol. I want all the sounds haha.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Me personally, I wish ford developed a smaller v8 built ford tough or wild idk anymore, but boosted with a flat plane for the raptor or warthog idk anymore lol. I want all the sounds haha.
If Ford had a smaller pushrod V8 a la LS/LT motor I would definitely expect it in the Bronco.

unfortunately the only V8 they have is basically the size of a big block.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not gonna lie I had to go watch some C7.R onboard after that so I could hear what a racecar should sound like before I go off to sleep. ?‍♂
The C7.R and the other cars with that same engine sounded like Thor was fighting to get out of that block. Easily the best sounding cars by far in their classes. You could tell it was them before they rounded the corner.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes and no - the chance of a Turbo V6 in the bronco is extremely low.

as many have mentioned it’s being built on the ranger platform in the same plant - they want to have as little complexity as possible. The ranger isn’t getting a turbo V6, so the bronco won’t either

source: Former Launch Engineer for Ford
Lol, except for the fact that the only reason Ranger doesn't have one is because it won't fit since it was designed for ROW. The new one will be designed to accomodate V6s.

Well that's like your opinion, man.

I'm absolutely positive if this the sound the production car makes it's because it has an active exhaust. They're pretty common with all "performance" trims these days. And with a flip of a switch you can go back to pearl clutching quiet.

"The hum of tire noise and buzz of the Tesla as it flys by get me so excited" - said no person ever.

Engine noise is one part of the triangle of senses that will elicit a response from consumers. Taste and smell aren't going to factor in on your car buying decisions (I hope).
The active exhaust on the Mustang is awesome - want it quiet? Flip the toggle switch, want it obnoxious and loud? Flip it to track mode.

Wrong. Bronco is on the next-gen Ranger platform which isn't out yet. Next-gen Ranger and Bronco frame and top hat will fit the nano V6's. That's why the current Ranger doesn't have a V6, the engine bay will not fit a V6 on the assembly line.
This.

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure once people see the engine bays that swaps are gonna start popping up. Hopefully.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Little late to the convo and dang 7 pages after half a day from a minute of engine sounds. Nice work everybody!

I didnt read everything but will throw my guess in. I think its a compilation of every motor we will get at the reveal. It has a lil throat here a lil rice there. Sounds a lil valvey at other times.

Its most likely the 2.3 and 2.7 but could be a something else in there too. But a V8 that is not, if it is it needs headers.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man we are spoiled these days. We got four bangers making more power then a 351 and we whine about exhaust note.

I still don’t like how much Ford seems to be focused on high speed off-roading. They have the Raptors for that. Short wheel base really isn’t a speed thing. Can we get an articulation video some day?

Also, I got your So Cal baggage right here
Ford Bronco Bronco engine sounds featured in new official teaser video! VillainousSmallGrasshopper-size_restricted

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, silence. The lack of sound is also important. As I wrote earlier, and maybe you could use a re-read there, the whole notion of "big loud engine" is dying like the coal mining and the under-paid poorly treated miners of black lung.

The notion of fake audio for an exhaust is just playing to the old farts who are stuck in the past and think it's important.

Time, while a construct, is moving forward and our values are evolving for the better. Either move with it and change yourself or get buried in the past.
You need to ease up, butter cup. It has nothing to do with being an old fart and everything to do with enjoying life. That's how he and others like him do it. I'm not even remotely old. At first I thought you were joking, now I'm convinced you're just confused as to where you are. There are a ton of people that like loud motors and the feel of a truck ripping through the dirt, far more than your OPINION is trying to lie about. If you want a quiet, limp wristed grocery getter, there's a Bronco Sport forum down the hall. Kick rocks and stop trying to tell people how to live their life.

And to your absurd attempts to sound enlightened, if those were viable options then manufacturers would build those cars. But no one can afford them. Even if it were, 95% of vehicles can switch over and just leave enthusiast car lovers alone. If you really want to do something about carbon emissions in the world, go to China and preach there. Let us know how that goes. I hear there's an overland bridge somewhere up north, so you should be able to ride your high horse there in a jiffy.