Sponsored

Ford Performance Gearing Up For Big Offroad Accessories/Parts Catalog for 2021 Bronco

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As expected, Ford is going all-in on the accessories/customizations business as it gears up to offer an extensive catalog of parts for the 2021 Bronco.

Today, the company announced 3 new Ford Performance accessory packages for the 2019-20 Ford Ranger -- detailed below for reference only -- focused on offroading and customization (see full press release here). Here's what they had to say about it in today's release:

Ford’s Growing Customization Options and Business

The Ford Ranger nameplate is positioned to lead Ford’s new accessories product strategy — which will expand even further with the introduction of the all-new Ford Bronco utility — to focus on greater choice in the catalog and a seamless personalization journey for customers. On average, customers added approximately $650 worth of Ford accessories to each Ranger pickup sold in the U.S. in 2019 – the nameplate’s first year returned to the U.S. market.

“The success we’ve seen with Ranger’s personalization is a combination of customer and dealer enthusiasm for Ford-backed accessory options,” said Cin. “Our truck customers don’t need to drive their all-new vehicle off the lot over to an aftermarket outfitter, we are creating a smoother, more integrated experience right here with your Ford Dealership.”

The Ford Performance Level 1 package includes:

• Off-Road leveling kit
  • FOX “Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
  • Ford Performance 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels
  • Ford Performance bedside graphics o Ford Performance windshield banner
  • $2,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 2 package includes Level 1 content plus:
  • Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 RPM and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 RPM
  • BFGoodrich KO2 265/70-17 tires
  • Rigid off-road fog light kit
  • Ford Performance calibration
  • Blue tow hooks
  • Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
  • $4,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 3 package includes Levels 1 and 2 content plus:
  • Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
  • Red tow hooks
  • Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
  • Ford Performance chase rack
  • 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust
  • $8,995 MSRP before installation
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As expected, Ford is going all-in on the accessories/customizations business as it gears up to offer an extensive catalog of parts for the 2021 Bronco.

Today, the company announced 3 new Ford Performance accessory packages for the 2019-20 Ford Ranger -- detailed below for reference only -- focused on offroading and customization (see full press release here). Here's what they had to say about it in today's release:
I'm guessing based on the hp boost, that is for the 4 banger? Which makes it sound like if I don't get Package #2 then I get a little 4 banger with about 280hp?
Damn that sucks.... Wonder if they'll have crate motors available at launch...
280hp is what the wife's POS Jeep gets :mad: And if @Nickp is close with his numbers I'm looking at $40k for a crappy 316hp 4 cyl.... that doesn't make me happy!

You're killing me @Administrator

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These packages remind me of the kind of thing you'd spend extra on in a video game with premium content ... not what major durable goods manufacturing is used to doing. I would anticipate this will generate a lot of additional cash for Ford.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These packages remind me of the kind of thing you'd spend extra on in a video game with premium content ... not what major durable goods manufacturing is used to doing. I would anticipate this will generate a lot of additional cash for Ford.
that's the ranger market though man, young gamers, looking for those upgrade packages and star levels. lol.

It does remind me alot of the ZR2 packages, I looked those up yesterday due to that other thread on the GM contract.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm guessing based on the hp boost, that is for the 4 banger? Which makes it sound like if I don't get Package #2 then I get a little 4 banger with about 280hp?
Damn that sucks.... Wonder if they'll have crate motors available at launch...
280hp is what the wife's POS Jeep gets :mad: And if @Nickp is close with his numbers I'm looking at $40k for a crappy 316hp 4 cyl.... that doesn't make me happy!

You're killing me @Administrator
These packages are for the current gen Ranger.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These packages are for the current gen Ranger.
Well I hope that they make the "upgraded" 4 cyl standard then. Or give me a V6 for a few bucks more. Because this seriously took the wind out of my sails. I don't want a little Pu$$y engine in my Bronco, nor do I want to spend an arm and a leg to get a "decent" engine.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d imagine this package will be available for the bronco. But a v6 will definitely be available. With even more power and torque!

now what if they offer a tuning package for the v6???
400hp 450lbft???

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d imagine this package will be available for the bronco. But a v6 will definitely be available. With even more power and torque!

now what if they offer a tuning package for the v6???
400hp 450lbft???
yeah, if this is available regardless of things like the interior trim package, that is perfect.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a good thing for the Ranger. It will allow used Rangers to be customized and upgraded by their new owners with factory parts. The more cool looking Rangers on (and off) the road, the better their image for future sales (think Jeep).

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well I hope that they make the "upgraded" 4 cyl standard then. Or give me a V6 for a few bucks more. Because this seriously took the wind out of my sails. I don't want a little Pu$$y engine in my Bronco, nor do I want to spend an arm and a leg to get a "decent" engine.
Okay fair point but the 2.3 for the Ranger has always been on the lower end of the power spectrum for that motor - probably because it's a work motor meant to last longer and get better bottom-end torque.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean I want to have my cake and eat it too but I understand that’s not possible. Anyone that thinks they are going to get a performance engine for base is going to be crying for the next 12 + days

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean I want to have my cake and eat it too but I understand that’s not possible. Anyone that thinks they are going to get a performance engine for base is going to be crying for the next 12 + days
What I'm saying is, if you want to talk about heritage and everything the Bronco has done from the beginning, then they better not put a little bitch engine in it. Otherwise just call it a Bronco II and say "Yeah sorry, we couldn't come up with any better"

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I'm saying is, if you want to talk about heritage and everything the Bronco has done from the beginning, then they better not put a little bitch engine in it. Otherwise just call it a Bronco II and say "Yeah sorry, we couldn't come up with any better"
you do realize that even at 270hp and 310lbft.. that little 4banger would be the most powerful bronco ever right?

rcengr

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I daily a 2.3 in my mustang and it is a great engine. Better in all respects compared to the 5.0 in my '89 mustang. Drive it and you may be surprised. It will satisfy most people and the rest will have the V-6 option.

The down side to the performance tune is it will most likely require premium gas. But 370 ft lbs compared to the Jeep 3.6l 260 ft lbs - you're going to notice the difference.
Sponsored