Sponsored

How many would be interested in a Bronco half cab pickup?

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hard pass here, no thanks.
Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m in. 100%. Dream truck.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want that Filson bulkhead, would love to know more about it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really like the idea but the market for it would be limited. i have a storey to tell if you are interested. This past summer I was driving to a golf course and on the way I notices a 1951 pickup the kind that my dad once owned. As i drove by I noticed the rear bumper was not stock just like my dad's old one. I thought for a second that it could ne my dad's vehicle but after 65 years what was the chance. I continued on my way for a round of golf with my buddies. On the way home as I drove by the pick up was still parked outside. I pulled over to the side of the road and went over to give it a look over. It was painted a dark brown but all in all it was in great shape and reminded me of my dad and the times we spent togethe. As i was looking a gentleman came out of his house and asked me what I was doing. I told him the story about the truck but my dads truck was painted yellow. He said that "I want to show you something ... he pulled open the front ben ts ... the were painted yellow. It wass my dad's truck! It must have been owned by several people before he owned it. I asked him if he would sell it and he would for $ 10,000.00. I am in a quandary. Go forward with my Bronco purchase or the Pickup. Can't afford both. We could use a new vehicle since I am giving ny daughter my Escape. My wife would not and I mean not go along in us having a 51 pickup for a daily driver. The price is right... needs some restorative work. I am thinking pastime job ... buy both. My wife says your 75 years old ... you don't need an old pickup.
So, your daughter should BUY your Escape ( at a family discount), you offer the guy less (research the value) and get BOTH, you (and I) aren't getting any younger this will keep those old memories alive while you make new ones in your Bronco.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The problem here is that you're both quoting click-bait
Should we quote dealership markdowns and adverts with cash on the hood?

My local jeep dealer is #1 or 2 in sales in the state every year, they stopped ordering the Gladiator for inventory last year. Special order only as they couldn't move them. Hard to get them to post that on their website to quote you.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With Ford already making the Ranger it is a tougher sell than for FCA who currently does not have a midsize truck offering. That said there is a clear difference in purpose and clientele between the Ranger and a Bronco pickup, and Ford could make a Bronco pickup with equivalent interior space to the gladiator while also having a 6" longer bed or 6" shorter wheelbase or a mix of either. It would be better, but as much as I would like to see that it will be easier for Ford to release a Ranger Raptor for the next gen Ranger with Bronco underpinnings. Assuming they would make the styling considerably cooler and more rugged than the current Ranger the only thing lacking would be the removable top. Maybe they could do removable panels instead like the Hummer EV as a compromise? Essentially design removable panels for what would otherwise be a panoramic roof.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Should we quote dealership markdowns and adverts with cash on the hood?

My local jeep dealer is #1 or 2 in sales in the state every year, they stopped ordering the Gladiator for inventory last year. Special order only as they couldn't move them. Hard to get them to post that on their website to quote you.
Not disagreeing that that is the situation where you are, just pointing out that the source you were both referencing is known to be bottom of the barrel.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With Ford already making the Ranger it is a tougher sell than for FCA who currently does not have a midsize truck offering. That said there is a clear difference in purpose and clientele between the Ranger and a Bronco pickup, and Ford could make a Bronco pickup with equivalent interior space to the gladiator while also having a 6" longer bed or 6" shorter wheelbase or a mix of either. It would be better, but as much as I would like to see that it will be easier for Ford to release a Ranger Raptor for the next gen Ranger with Bronco underpinnings. Assuming they would make the styling considerably cooler and more rugged than the current Ranger the only thing lacking would be the removable top. Maybe they could do removable panels instead like the Hummer EV as a compromise? Essentially design removable panels for what would otherwise be a panoramic roof.
Supposedly FCA is working on a new Dakota.

The only thing that appeals to me about a Bronco truck is the retro boxy styling. The removable top means less than nothing to me and its size if like other midsize trucks is too small.

I don't see there being enough people wanting a Ranger, Bronco and Bronco truck to keep them all going.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Supposedly FCA is working on a new Dakota.

The only thing that appeals to me about a Bronco truck is the retro boxy styling. The removable top means less than nothing to me and its size if like other midsize trucks is too small.

I don't see there being enough people wanting a Ranger, Bronco and Bronco truck to keep them all going.
And yet there is enough demand for F-250, SRW F-350, and DRW F-350 all of various cab and bed sizes?

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And yet there is enough demand for F-250, SRW F-350, and DRW F-350 all of various cab and bed sizes?
Clearly, they sell a ton of them. To help the budget they all use the same basic cab, so what front clip, frame, suspension and powertrain do you want?

https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2020/10/u-s-pickup-truck-2020-q3/

The warmed over Ranger that is do for a new generation is already outselling the Gladiator. I suspect a wide margin of Gladiator buyers mainly buy them becase Jeep and won't easily be swayed.

IMO take what everybody wants to be the "Bronco truck" and make it the next gen Ranger. Go retro, make it a brick again. Then do a survey and find out if there are ac1tually more than 17 people in the real world that would prefer a removable top option for the new Ranger.

Gladiator is a tough sell for me, someone with low standards such as myself could get a lower trim Power Wagon that would mop the floor with the Rubicon at actual truck things, be pretty competent offroad and even be cheaper overall.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It'd never sell. Crew cab trucks are here to stay.
Unless its full size from the 70s to the 90s crew cabs are the ugliest piece of dung I can imagine. Which curiosly is exactly why todays buyers go for em. I will say I did see a long bed dually F350 CC the other day beand new that was okay but only because it reminded me of the mid 90s behemouths.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No more mullet vehicles!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For thw bronco all i really want is a bed thats usable. 2 doors with a fold up seat in the rear and no bulkhead would be the best. Also 48.5 inches between the wheel wells otherwise what is the point? Honestly they could make something about the size of the 70s 2 door cherokee cheifs with a hardtop and itd be nice, smaller than FSBs but still decent.
Sponsored