Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They never have on any other car forum I've ever been on.
New Thread- What oil do you guys use in the 2.7?
First Reply- Check the FAQ thread or use the search function
EVERY.DAMN.TIME
We could definitely use one here. I just don't have the patience to take that one on
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That just gave me a thought. There should be a masterlist FAQ pinned to the top of the forum, unless that already exists?

BRB gonna go check

Edit: nope there's not. Information is spread out via the tinelime post, master info post, and using search function. But idk 🤔...I wonder if FAQs can cut down on some of the posts we're inevitably going to see as you mentioned @TNcoupe
While I think a CHECK HERE FIRST FAQ is a good idea it probably wont cut down on the first time new posts that are brought up ad nauseum. A ton of first time poster threads I saw had a thread discussing the topic literally a couple posts below it. I get forum search functions can be wonky but damn. If a new user can't even try to find the answer on the same page, why would a FAQ work?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That just gave me a thought. There should be a masterlist FAQ pinned to the top of the forum, unless that already exists?

BRB gonna go check

Edit: nope there's not. Information is spread out via the tinelime post, master info post, and using search function. But idk 🤔...I wonder if FAQs can cut down on some of the posts we're inevitably going to see as you mentioned @TNcoupe
You could lock down a forum for a month and tell new users they can’t post and have to read the FAQ before and take a quiz and get at least 90%. They’ll also have to read the exhaust, intake and maintenance master threads.

Their first post will still be, “What oil do you use?” What exhaust do you prefer? What kind of intake is best?”

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You could lock down a forum for a month and tell new users they can’t post and have to read the FAQ before and take a quiz and get at least 90%. They’ll also have to read the exhaust, intake and maintenance master threads.

Their first post will still be, “What oil do you use?” What exhaust do you prefer? What kind of intake is best?”
I don't know whether to cry or laugh

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BRB gonna go check

I don't know how feasible it is and I know nobody in their right mind would let me do it, but...

I would super-tree the forums and have stuff like:

• Mods
    • Maintenance
    • Issues/Help
    • Mods
    • Maintenance
    • Issues/Help
As @BlueOvalBandit justly pointed out, though, it's only good if people use them. Also... a g$%d@%^! minimum post count wouldn't hurt...

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh and engine break in....good lord engine break in threads over on the Mustang 6g forums when we first got the 2015s.

Take it out and beat on it like it owes you money or baby it for 500mi whatever you want to do.

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally can't wait for the eleventy billionth 'Which intake is better' threads. I'm excited.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These threads are just preparing us for the what oil do you guys use, does a catch can work, and does the Bronco require premium fuel threads coming in the next 6 months after people start taking delivery and new folks find the forum.
And don't forget the inevitable, When I "fill in the blank" in my Bronco it I get a noise from the "fill in the blank". But, that's what we are here for.....to help out with that funny noise. :)

BTW, if you think we get some doosies here, just stop by the Corvette forum. Then check out the C7 & C8 sections ;)

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And don't forget the inevitable, When I "fill in the blank" in my Bronco it I get a noise from the "fill in the blank". But, that's what we are here for.....to help out with that funny noise. :)

BTW, if you think we get some doosies here, just stop by the Corvette forum. Then check out the C7 & C8 sections ;)
Oh I know. I've lived through this with the SVT Focus, 2015 Mustang, 2019 Veloster N, and built my own Factory Five Cobra.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You two should start a private conversation about this than where nobody can hurt your feelings.

If you’re worried about MPG, you can’t afford the car or you need to buy a Prius.

Average fuel is $3.10 for premium.

15 MPG on 15 gallon tank nets you 225 at .21 cents a mile

20mpg on a 15 gallon tank next you 300 at .16 cents a mile.

so .05 cents a mile

15K miles a year would cost you $14 a week more over 5 MPG difference. If you’re buying a 50K vehicle and you’re worried about $14 a week you’re way over extending yourself. Expect terrible MPG and be happy when it’s more.
<yawn/>

If you aren’t being pulled in the direction of a Badlands or OBX and you need another data point to make a final decision, more MPGs never hurt anyone. You’re not more manly because you get worse fuel economy.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
<yawn/>

If you aren’t being pulled in the direction of a Badlands or OBX and you need another data point to make a final decision, more MPGs never hurt anyone. You’re not more manly because you get worse fuel economy.
That was a very poor attempt at an insult 🤣 Nobody said anything about being manly, they said worrying about fuel mileage on a 4X4 vehicle was a waste of time, because it’s going to suck. The difference between the BL and the OB would be akin to you turning your thermostat from 68 to 67 because you want to save energy and money.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a very poor attempt at an insult 🤣 Nobody said anything about being manly, they said worrying about fuel mileage on a 4X4 vehicle was a waste of time, because it’s going to suck. The difference between the BL and the OB would be akin to you turning your thermostat from 68 to 67 because you want to save energy and money.
That was a statement not an insult. It’s not just about money. It’s about range and the exact same reason electric 4x4s won’t be big in the wheeling world until they have much better range. Not everybody wants to add secondary fuels tanks, etc.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's what I'm looking at. Ford is doing their best to compete with the Wrangler. My JL 4 door with the 3.6L averages 24-25 mpgs on the highway. Ford also knows that if one of their offerings drags down the overall CAFE average it will be bad news for the company. They understand that many today consider gas mileage an important part of their vehicle purchase. While I know that the 4 door WildTrack may not return the mileage that a base 2 door will, I expect the mpgs to be in an acceptable range for the Bronco.
Im less worried about MPG and more concerned about gas prices...especially as we transition toward EVs lol

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was asking myself the same thing - OBX vs BL MPG. Eventually decided that hey, at least it takes regular gas...and decided to go sasquatch OBX and stay away from the steel stuff, so it probably undercuts a non-sas BL by 100 lbs (but obviously bigger tires will be ever so slightly worse MPG than a non-sas BL). If I am going to have poor MPGs, id rather pay that price with a better stance, flares and wheels, rather than lugging around a bunch of hidden steel parts on the BL that frankly I dont need

And honestly, getting a 4 door BL MGV with literally 2 cupholders ((front only) is a joke, and i'd be kicking myself to spend $2,200 to upgrade to leather when the MGV was plenty acceptable to get power seats and rear cupholders, which should be included in the mid 50k price point.

The more time I spend on this forum, the less sure I get of my decisions. One day I'm set on the ManLux BL, the next I'm on a Squatched OBX, but then also I remind myself that even the tires on the non-squatch OBX are bigger than what I'm rocking right now...

Ford Bronco Fuel Economy of OBX vs Badlands 1613629594434

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re concerned about fuel economy get a Prius. This vehicle isn’t built for fuel economy. That being said all trims will likely be similar based on engine choice.
Spot on. There isn't going to be some massive benefit with one over the other. What will matter: SAS or not, 2 or 4 doors, 2.3 or 2.7. That is about it.
Sponsored