Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I was looking at the grey part. It looked like there were starter holes at the 1/2" and 17 1/2" marks. Didn't even think to look up at the orange part. What were they trying to measure?
That was a picture taken by a forum member a while ago grabbing measurements of the Mod bumper.

When the first picture of the license plate placement was revealed to be attached to the trim between the grill and bumper, they went back and realized they had captured those dimples in the trim without ever noticing... it was this picture that independently corroborated the plate placement as legit.

Last edited:

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a picture taken by a forum member a while ago grabbing measurements of the Mod bumper.

When the first picture of the license plate placement was revealed to be attached to the trim between the grill and bumper, they went back and realized they had captured those dimples in the trim without ever noticing... it was this picture that independently corroborated the plate placement as legit.
I mucked that up by not being more clear when I referenced @Philly 's thread, d'oh!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That bracket is getting ripped off ASAP no front plate for me
How have people that live in states that require a front plate managed up until now? What did the Bronco change? The plate is likely where it is because of possible laws in different states that Ford needs to comply with all of them. Also, certain locations may interfere with the operation of some other parts of the vehicle. Can't we give Ford some credit for doing what they believe is the right choice?
I sure hope Ford puts out something newsworthy soon to get away from so many nonsense threads.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They completely forgot about the front plate, that much is clear.
Most car manufacturers are that way: design the most perfect front end and then have the Oh Shit moment: where do we put the front plate???? Then they get the drill out and stick it anywhere...

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will not be allowing the dealership to put this on. I will be looking at an alternative mounting strategy.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally I could care less about having a front plate. This for some reason offends me greatly. I'm probably will do a shackle mount. But if I have to mount a plate at the dealership, it's definitely going to be zip ties just to get me home. Those holes in that fascia will drive me up the freaking wall if the plate get mounted and then I move it.

Sponsored

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Long time lurker first time poster.
Living in Illinois this is strike #.....forgot how many strikes, but it's a lot :).

I reached out to stonsho.com this morning and they can put you on a list to receive a text when their product becomes available. I will be ordering as soon as available.

Here is what they emailed back:
"Thank you for your email. The 2021 Bronco is on our fitment list. I can definitely let you know as soon we have an update. For automatic text updates on new fitments, you can sign up for our text notifications by texting STONSHO to 43196."
I have this front mount on my M2, and it’s great. Quick release allows you remove in a few seconds. The mount points are not visible when the plate is removed. Only took 5-10 minutes to install.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is this really such a concern to everyone? This is an enthusiast group, most of us will be performing lots of mods on our vehicles ourselves - that's a big part of the fun! Is re-locating a license plate frame really that challenging? Of all the silly things to worry about....

SunnDogg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 1976 Bronco & 1969 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What the heck are you talking about?

Those starter dimples are about 10" apart... they certainly are not further apart than 12"... which is how wide a plate it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 17.40.55.png
What the heck are you talking about?

Those starter dimples are about 10" apart... they certainly are not further apart than 12"... which is how wide a plate it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 17.40.55.png
View attachment 91316
Is this really such a concern to everyone? This is an enthusiast group, most of us will be performing lots of mods on our vehicles ourselves - that's a big part of the fun! Is re-locating a license plate frame really that challenging? Of all the silly things to worry about....
While I would agree with you that it is fairly trivial, I would like to avoid the extra holes in the painted trim area if I can help it.

Iconic Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Everglades, ‘18 F150 SE, ‘00 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs