Sponsored

Ford Performance Gearing Up For Big Offroad Accessories/Parts Catalog for 2021 Bronco

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont get all the hate for old cars with carbs. My carbureted vehicles honestly require less fiddling and chasing sensors. The most I ever do to carbs is adjust the idle every 6 months or so. My eagle has a 38 weber takes 1 pump and starts immediately. My old van had a cheap holley and i only adjusted it once in 3 years. The demon on my maverick took a lil bit of work because i bought it at a swap meet. once it was cleaned up I would fiddle with it maybe once a year in spring.

I dont expect carbs on new cars but dont get the pure hatred i hear all the time. They are about twice as hard to deal with as a doorknob.
Where I live we see -30 and below for days/weeks at a time. Fuel injected engines do much better in those conditions. I haven’t had to do anything but oil changes in the last 10 years on my vehicles, no chasing sensors or anything. And if a sensor does go bad, the computer will tell me exactly which sensor it is and boom it’s replaced.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I hope that they make the "upgraded" 4 cyl standard then. Or give me a V6 for a few bucks more. Because this seriously took the wind out of my sails. I don't want a little Pu$$y engine in my Bronco, nor do I want to spend an arm and a leg to get a "decent" engine.
You realize they've mentioned using the 4 cylinder since inception right?
I feel you kinda, but I want to see what the actual numbers and long term reviews are before I call heresy. If the torque and HP is there it shouldn't be so bad, also I doubt Ford would launch a wrangler beater without actually beating the Wrangler in engine power and torque.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You realize they've mentioned using the 4 cylinder since inception right?
I feel you kinda, but I want to see what the actual numbers and long term reviews are before I call heresy. If the torque and HP is there it shouldn't be so bad, also I doubt Ford would launch a wrangler beater without actually beating the Wrangler in engine power and torque.
Oh I'm well aware of the 4cyl. turbo since god knows when. But it's my wishful thinking for a bit more. If somehow Ford can show me that I'll be able to tow 4-5k pounds with a 4 cyl. without it struggling to do so, I'll admit I was wrong. But I don't want an engine that just barely gets me up a hill with the trailer behind, I want it to do it without issue.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I'm well aware of the 4cyl. turbo since god knows when. But it's my wishful thinking for a bit more. If somehow Ford can show me that I'll be able to tow 4-5k pounds with a 4 cyl. without it struggling to do so, I'll admit I was wrong. But I don't want an engine that just barely gets me up a hill with the trailer behind, I want it to do it without issue.
There's always the 18k coyote+10 speed auto Ford sells together, which got me thinking, it'd be pretty rad to throw one in the new or old bronco.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ranger can tow over 7 grand with the 4 banger. 4-5k should be a breeze.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is alot better talk than I was hearing in that thread where people were talking about resale value risks as deal breakers. Anybody who sells a perfectly good Bronco is a damned fool.

I’m on the same page as you regarding the 15 year part. I already told my wife I’m going to drive this Bronco until I’m an old dude.
If it’s good, I likely will be driving it forever also.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where I live we see -30 and below for days/weeks at a time. Fuel injected engines do much better in those conditions. I haven’t had to do anything but oil changes in the last 10 years on my vehicles, no chasing sensors or anything. And if a sensor does go bad, the computer will tell me exactly which sensor it is and boom it’s replaced.
Thats fine for newer vehicles but I always hear a level of disgust that i just dont understand. Here the weather is stable in Hawaii, but i spent most of my life in Ohio. It gets cold there, the most I had to do at 0 degrees at 2 am to go to work was let my van warm up for a minute mostly just to get the heater going. Same thing with the 5 other vans I had with various carbs, 3 cjs too. The Demon in my maverick had no choke tower(race carb) so it was cold blooded until warm, but I drove it in the winter too. They always got me to work on time. I spent more time cleaning the distributor and chasing strange wires than doing anything to the carb. Any carb with motorcraft or autolite stamped on it was literally set it and forget.

For old vehicles they are perfectly adequate as daily drivers. Just donmt get the hatred is all im saying.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, the early Bronco had a "little bitch" 170 cu in 105hp engine. It did a nice job. Torquey and fine on the highway up to around 65. The next step up was a 302 at around 150hp. Our Bronco II was 140 hp. It did fine with four people towing a boat. Heck my '92 lightning 351W was only 250hp.

The new four is gonna be very capable, I reckon.
Mine has a 302

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t want any 31” tires...why would I pay 8500 plus install to get 31” tires? Seems like these “upgrades” may not be upgrades for all packages
What size would you say this tire is? From this angle it looks perfect. I want this :D

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 4.29.07 PM.png
Sponsored