Sponsored

2021 Bronco Dimensions (2 & 4 Door) - Length, Width, Height, Wheelbase, Track for Sasquatch and all trims

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those numbers seem to jive with the Ford website.
So just to try and clarify, the listed sasquatch height includes the roof rack? But, the others do not?
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that a lot of difference? A little?

Im being serious. Enlighten me!
116” is going to be a good wheelbase. It might make the odd really tight turn take a hair more concentration but the short overhangs will make up for that.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those like me that need some frame of reference, I pulled the dimensions of the 2020 Explorers as a point of comparison.
I've been slightly worried that the Bronco was going to end up being smaller in person, but I'm less concerned now. Badlands 4 door is only about 8 inches shorter and 2 inches narrower.

2020 Explorer
2020-Explorer-Tech-Specs-2.png
Na, don’t forget the Bronco specs include the spare tire hanging off the back and the ridiculously wide fender flares. It is significantly smaller than an explorer.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how much taller is a sasquatched two door Badlands than a non-sasquatched two door Badlands without the roof rails? These charts are confusing.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how much taller is a sasquatched two door Badlands than a non-sasquatched two door Badlands without the roof rails? These charts are confusing.
Just subtract the height of the roof rack from the Sasquatch...

And you’ll be back to the famous “whats different with the Sasquatch suspension” debate.

Difference in height is about 1.5”. All but 10mm of that is tire diameter differences.

2-door Squatch: 75.28”
2-door Badlands: 73.8”

Overall height Difference: 1.48”

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just subtract the height of the roof rack from the Sasquatch.
That’s what I figured. Thanks. Not sure why they included the roof rack with the Sasquatch height when you can’t get it with the Sasquatch package. Odd.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man I was about to second guess my choice. Take a 4 door Sasquatch at 78.7 and add 3.386 for my roof rack and I'd never be able to drive the Bronco into my garage!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is a 4-Door Hard Top Badlands 1 in longer than a 4-Door Hard Top Sasquatch (190.5 vs 189.5)? That makes no sense considering the 189.4 base length....I think they have the numbers transposed.
Heavy duty modular bumper may stick out more than the standard bumper?

Last edited:

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heavy duty modular bumper may stick out more than the standard bumper?
If anything the standard bumper seems a bit longer. I think they transposed the number as I believe the length includes the spare. The spare would be wider on the SAS, increasing the overall length.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t forget the rear camera pole that protrudes just beyond the face of the spare tire even on the Sasquatch. That’s included in the length of the vehicle since it’s fixed. So while everyone thinks the length includes the spare, well technically it includes the pole. This is why the length of the truck doesn’t change based on trim or thickness of the spare tire mounted on back. Thinner tire just means more camera pole exposed.

And it further reflects that the actual vehicle is much smaller than the overall dimensions imply. The camera mounting pole is probably 14” from the face of the tailgate. Given it slightly protrudes the 12.4” thick sas tire and the tire isn’t exactly snug to the tailgate. There’s probably at least an inch gap between the tire and tailgate. Although almost half that distance is in the mounting bracket, so don’t think youll have some massive pole sticking out the back without the spare.

But yeah don’t think of this as a 189” long truck when comparing it to others. Thankfully the tailgate is like 2” thick versus a regular tailgate that is sloped and has a 5” thick door, plus another 4” in the bumper (since bronco bumper is included is that 14” deduction). So the interior packaging of the 189” four door is probably more like 182” equivalent truck if you do the math. 189-14-2+5+4 182. And again not having a sloped tailgate picks up some more usability over that 182” benchmark.

And when people say jeez the 4 door cargo depth is like 8” shorter than other midsized SUVs, well that’s why. Those SUVs are 190” and as noted above the bronco packaging is effectively 182”. 8” shorter. Coincidence? Nope. But again the height of the cargo is HUGE and the window isnt sloped so you pick up more useable cargo, actually a little bit more, when compared to those midsized SUVs.

Oh and the only difference in length is for the badlands and that’s due to the steels bumpers and has nothing to do with tire.

Last edited:

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do the listed heights listed include the antenna?
I'd like to fit a 2dr sasq w/roof rack into a 6'6" clearance garage.

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I guess this Bronco isn’t really Sasquatch? The height doesn’t match up w/ the chart. 75 3/4”, the chart says 78.9” max height which I assume max height means w/ roof rails.

260E8AC2-5C5A-4757-8FCE-9507888A91DE.jpeg
Does the height include the antenna maybe?
If a 2-dr Squatch is really only 6'4" that's great news for me.
If the antenna is what makes it the full "78.9"" I will risk it hitting the garage roof.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is a 4-Door Hard Top Badlands 1 in longer than a 4-Door Hard Top Sasquatch (190.5 vs 189.5)? That makes no sense considering the 189.4 base length....I think they have the numbers transposed.
Perhaps the additional length is found in the rear mounted tire which may reflect both the wider tire and the more offset wheel.
Sponsored