Sponsored

Opinions on lead time reference ... September delivery? Fleet orders only?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this is a repost. I've been following a post over at BN where there was a fleet document found that listed/indicated a 24 week lead time from Job 1 for deliveries. Though it seems it may only affect fleet orders? Just wanted to get some opinions over here. Thanks!

I was surfing the Interwebs and ran across a Ford production update document that shows the Bronco Job 1 starts March 22 with a 24 week lead time. That is a five and a half month lead time, so that puts Job 1 vehicles out to consumers sometime near the beginning of September?

This was an "updated" production document dated 2/8/21.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like trolling to me.

But given the general slow down of auto production across the board due to supply chain shortages primarily in the semiconductor area, which hits numerous parts and sensors, along with specific Bronco parts (tops, suspension parts, etc.) it would not surprise me when Ford announces the expected delivery schedules for converted orders in May, that a substantial number of those deliveries won't happen until late this year and early next year.

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like trolling to me.

But given the general slow down of auto production across the board due to supply chain shortages primarily in the semiconductor area, which hits numerous parts and sensors, along with specific Bronco parts (tops, suspension parts, etc.) it would not surprise me when Ford announces the expected delivery schedules for converted orders in May, that a substantial number of those deliveries won't happen until late this year and early next year.
Agreed, but it is actually on the document, so it lends a bit more credibility to it imo.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is a repost. I've been following a post over at BN where there was a fleet document found that listed/indicated a 24 week lead time from Job 1 for deliveries. Though it seems it may only affect fleet orders? Just wanted to get some opinions over here. Thanks!
Fleet sales and production play by a completely different set of rules as well... I wouldn’t necessarily use this type of intel as any indication to the regular retail stuff.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, i would love to know what that asterisk means as well, but i don't see it anywhere on that document/screen.
Ford Bronco Opinions on lead time reference ... September delivery? Fleet orders only? Screenshot_20210220-110729_Chrome

Closest thing I can think of is the statement right above
Ford Bronco Opinions on lead time reference ... September delivery? Fleet orders only? lead time.PNG

though an asterisk typically lends itself to fine print at the bottom of the page.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Closest thing I can think of is the statement right above
Ford Bronco Opinions on lead time reference ... September delivery? Fleet orders only? yy7

though an asterisk typically lends itself to fine print at the bottom of the page.
If you turn the page upside down then the asterisk is at the top?
Sponsored