Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i don’t get it. This thread has a picture of a modular top with window removed and in the timeline it says MIC top with window removed.

“Feb 20th 2021 - Surprise, surprise @618TRVLWILD gives us a pic ;) This time it's credited to Bronco Nation & is a 2-door Base with THE MIC top & the side glass removed The Thread
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wanted to chime in that the door trim plastics match up very well with the MOD top, that looks excellent. (yellow highlighter circle on left)

Obviously that means it looks a little strange with MIC, as they aren't changing this door trim by roof option.

Also, it appears that they must be using tabs on the back side of the window which slot inside the cabin to lock it to the frame. This would mean the entire window seal stays on the window when removed and is a fairly snug fit. The main damage to it will be from handling when removed from the vehicle (rightmost yellow circle)

1613843670590.png
Could the gasket be on the removed part?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also messaged RetroFit Off-Road. They are in TN and close drive for me. They do awesome work on Jeep slider kits! Hopefully hear back they are expanding to Broncos.

Screenshot_20210220-114424.png
What's the point of that ladder in the pic? If I get on the fender flare, I can easily make it to the roof.
If you've never tried to pick up summiting chicks at the Nepalese goatwater pubs after mountain climbing when neither of you have showered or shaved in a month, you simply wouldn't understand what the ladder is for.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Could the gasket be on the removed part?
Yes, I believe from this image that the gasket and seal stay on the window panel. That will also make painting these cheaper/easier, but replacement winds more expensive.

It's not full production, so they could very well put the weather strip on the roof, but i'm not seeing it here. We'll know for certain soon enough.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's something about the base non-Squatch that really draws me. It's well equipped compared to a base Wrangler.. fairly capable if you won't be going far beyond forest roads or beaches. Spend a couple grand on nice wheels and tires and it will look a million $$
Exactly what I'm doing. My 4dr base with the MIC top 10sp AT will be under $37k even after spending $2k on new wheels and tires. It's a steal!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Needs a level kit and some 32" ko's then gtg:cool:
Yep, level kits are super cheap and easy for the Ranger so hoping it's simar for the Bronco.

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly what I'm doing. My 4dr base with the MIC top 10sp AT will be under $37k even after spending $2k on new wheels and tires. It's a steal!
Plus your depreciation hit will be minimal compared to a $60k loaded Badlands..

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anything is possible, but I worry it will be prohibitively difficult.

I believe the windows on the MIC may be sandwiched between top layers?

We won’t know for sure until we can really inspect it.
Wasn't there a picture of the MIC tops still on the pallet without the windows and someone said they were shipped separately and then glued in?

If that's the case it should be simpler for the aftermarket (or Ford) to make a slider window option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wasn't there a picture of the MIC tops still on the pallet without the windows and someone said they were shipped separately and then glued in?

If that's the case it should be simpler for the aftermarket (or Ford) to make a slider window option.
Yes I had a Stig picture with the MICs on palettes. Then @LEGEND said the glass was put in on the assembly line.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was also thinking that repair of a broken window may have been a consideration as well... not unlike a windshield where you just glue in a new one (instead of having to replace a full top).

But as far as I know we don’t have any sort of conclusive info yet.

If and when we do I’ll add it to my cheat sheet.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To me, that hole makes it look unfinished, or you got broken into the night before. I will stick with mic and the guaranteed AM options to soon follow.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I was getting a 2-door, I would consider the mod top for this option of the removable windows. These windows are much larger on the 2-door hard top. 4-door they are smaller and won't make a noticeable difference while driving. I'm going 4-door so the shiny paint is the only upside. If I was getting shadow black then I'd go with mod top. But for my Cactud Gray 4-door it will be MIC for me.
Sponsored