Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if somebody answered this already, but is x-plan available for all membership levels on the MCA(Mustang Club of America). Wanna just get the $25 associate level, but want to make sure that qualifies.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry if somebody answered this already, but is x-plan available for all membership levels on the MCA(Mustang Club of America). Wanna just get the $25 associate level, but want to make sure that qualifies.
Yes, here it is from their webpage:
All Members receive members-only discounts, including Ford X-Plan pricing on new Ford vehicles
https://mustang.org/about/benefits/

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess I'm still missing something. I'm not expecting to see a full build and price any time soon, so you can't actually build what you want. Until that happens, how can you choose options and accessories and come in at a price you're willing to pay? It puts you in some sort of line with all 3,000 Ford dealers reservations, but until you actually go to a dealer and commit, you only have a reservation.
Go to the Ford Mach-E order website for an example of the information available, select "Order Now"
First you select the dealer you prefer, then you select the trim level and packages, prices are shown for all of this. I would expect the Bronco will be similar.
https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/

Here is the Mach-E FAQ for reference:
https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/online-reservation-faq/
When can I order my Mustang Mach-E?
You will be notified prior to the ordering window opening to finalize and confirm your configuration, confirm your dealer and agree on pricing with your dealer. Tentative ordering should begin in late spring 2020.
Of course I'm sure there will be more details for the order to be worked out with the dealer you prefer that will come in time. And if you cannot agree on a fair price with that dealer select another and call Ford to change the dealer on your reservation.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One thing that may be helpful is look up reviews on local dealers if you don't have one you normally use. I've used the same one since 2003 and have bought 11 vehicles there. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.
Thank you, I definitely always do research on dealers to find the reputable ones. One thing that is different for our paradigms, I keep my cars long term, 10 years plus, I'm not brand loyal, I have never purchased the same brand twice in a row. I select the style, functions and features I like at the time, regardless of brand. Further, I'm use to large metropolitan areas where there are a dozen or dozens of dealers of the same brand (SoCal & Dallas).

These dealers tend to have high salesperson turnover so you never build a relationship, you take pot-luck for who you get, although I always deal with the fleet or Internet manger. I always negotiate below MSRP, going in knowing what I will pay, what options I want and what I don't want, such as extended warranty. I've found when you've done your homework and know what you want the dealers are less likely to push sucker taxes onto you.

Now if you are brand loyal, Ford only, same dealer, same sales person, different rules may apply.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

how do I find my partner code? I looked up on a website and both my employer and my spouse’s employer are listed as partner eligible. My company’s benefits website is horrible so no idea who to contact.

and what is meant by the $100 being fully refundable?
Same as @Bronc-O, I found my companies partner code on my company benefits website under "Discounts".

I did find this Ford dealer that lists all X-Plan companies that may help other forum readers.
Ford X-Plan Partner Companies
https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

Regarding the "and what is meant by the $100 being fully refundable?" it means you can cancel your Ford website Reservation fee and get a full refund. Do not necessarily expect this from the dealer if you do a deposit directly with them, that may or may not be fully refundable. The Ford reservation website gives you some level of protection from shyster dealers (I did not say all dealers, but many).

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you saying a $25 club membership earns someone a 8.5% discount on vehicle purchase??

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Attachments

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you. After reading and digging around I found my company is an eligible partner company. Got the company partner code and it let me log in. Nice, no worries about sales people games, no stock or MCA membership needed either since I now discovered I'm X-Plan eligible. (y)
Now that I found I'm X-Plan eligible, I've lost some of my hype after reading the rules about "Dealer installed options"

7. PROCESS AND DOCUMENTATION
The dealership may charge any price negotiated (at or above dealer cost) between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
18. Are any other items covered through the Plan?
No. Dealer installed options, conversion packages, extended warranties, accessories, etc., are not covered by the Plan and must be agreed upon between you and the dealer.
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
I never buy dealer installed accessories, ADM adders, pin striping, protection, etc. However, Bronco appears to be a game changer in that Ford will have numerous options and accessories that can be dealer installed and not affect the factory warranty.

But after reading the rules for the X-Plan I see no "Dealer installed options" or Accessories are covered by X-Plan pricing. So that takes you back to having to negotiate with the dealer for all those items. I'm concerned that dealers will try to stick it to you on options pricing when they are selling you the vehicle under the X-Plan rules.

Perhaps it better to just negotiate the entire deal without X-Plan pricing? Does anyone have experience or recommendations about this?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you saying a $25 club membership earns someone a 8.5% discount on vehicle purchase??
From what I see it's some sort of discount. I signed up for Mustang Club of America today. Their site states every membership gets X-Plan. So I figure why drop $600 on stock (which I know could always go up, I'm just not an investor), went the cheap route to get the same plan. :D

Now I just gotta decide if I want to drop the 100 bucks on reveal day. Will probably need to eventually order one because dealers near me always stock the higher end models of vehicles and I don't need all the extras.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What about the bronco club??
There's a Bronco club? WTF? Pays to read I guess, unless you're yanking my chain... Good thing I currently drive a Mustang ;)

Edit: They don't have memberships yet... I'll stick with Mustang Club of America.. same difference.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok, I'm trying to follow you guys here. So this X-plan you speak of. If I buy 100 shares of Ford stock today, in 6 months I become eligible for this x-plan pricing.
Correct.

There's some extra hoop jumping you have to do in order to actually use your X-Plan discount. You can find more information about that here: https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_downloads/Shareholder-Relations-X-Plan-Request.pdf

If you don't want to click that link (and I don't blame you), go to https://shareholder.ford.com/investors/resources/default.aspx, scroll down to the "DO SHAREHOLDERS QUALIFY FOR VEHICLE DISCOUNTS?" question and click on it, and read. The link I posted above comes directly from that spot, but absolutely feel free to double check me on that.

What does that get me? You can just give me the dummy version, like x-plan = $2000 below MSRP or something like that.
The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition price on the line labeled X-Plan.

The invoice must also show exactly how that price is calculated.

The dealer is still allowed to charge a documentation fee, but it is capped at $100 (or the maximum allowed by your State's law if that maximum is lower than $100).

There is also a $275 administration fee charged as part of X-Plan.

Cars Direct has an article that explains how X-Plan pricing works.

And second question, is this x-plan guaranteed? Or could Ford or Dealer say No we don't offer that on new Bronco?
Dealers are not required to participate in X-Plan, and not all dealers do. You would have to check with your dealer to see if they participate.

Some vehicles are excluded from X-Plan pricing, but that's a short list. I don't know if that's a Ford level decision or a dealer level decision, though.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now if you are brand loyal, Ford only, same dealer, same sales person, different rules may apply.
That's me. I had the same salesman through 8 purchases. He retired after 22 years there due to health reasons. He happened to be there visiting last year when I picked up my Edge. I really miss doing business with him. My current salesman has been there 17 years.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's me. I had the same salesman through 8 purchases. He retired after 22 years there due to health reasons. He happened to be there visiting last year when I picked up my Edge. I really miss doing business with him. My current salesman has been there 17 years.
I'm guessing you live in a small to medium size town/city where they actually keep salespeople around.

I negotiated a used car purchase for my brother-in-law last year in a really small town, only four or five dealers of all brands total. First time in my life I only got $500 off the asking price, even though they were clearly priced $2,000 over market, he needed a car right then so he paid it. Next time I told him to drive two hours to a larger city where dealers will negotiate to win your business. Seems the small town dealers take advantage by playing the were the only game in town.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm guessing you live in a small to medium size town/city where they actually keep salespeople around.

I negotiated a used car purchase for my brother-in-law last year in a really small town, only four or five dealers of all brands total. First time in my life I only got $500 off the asking price, even though they were clearly priced $2,000 over market, he needed a car right then so he paid it. Next time I told him to drive two hours to a larger city where dealers will negotiate to win your business. Seems the small town dealers take advantage by playing the were the only game in town.
I'm in Phoenix. There are probably 10 Ford dealerships within a half hour drive.
Sponsored