Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice but not for me. I’ll roll the hard top 3-4 months out of the year, Bimini/soft top the other months.
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the change in color of the MIC, im now on the fence between the mic and the mod.... Im getting an area 51 Badlands, and I don't know which will look better?? My other concern is which one is queiter... So far it's only speculation that the MOD is queiter .
I’m getting the MIC now that the color is darker. Even if MOD is quieter, that’s balanced out by MIC being lighter and likely more rugged (versus scratches and dings).

I’m rolling that $1200 in to help cover the 2.7L upgrade.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I'm right at 30% allocation spot with my dealer (I know it's just an estimate), and I'm ordering 2dr, Sasq, lux, and 2.7L... If I switch to MOD top, is that the final straw for pushing outside MY21?

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I'm right at 30% allocation spot with my dealer (I know it's just an estimate), and I'm ordering 2dr, Sasq, lux, and 2.7L... If I switch to MOD top, is that the final straw for pushing outside MY21?

Mod top is late availability, so if you’re an early reservation you’re going to have to wait for it... all the other items are just high demand... but you won’t know whether that effects you until May when Ford gives you your delivery estimate...

But all that said, your time stamp relative to the others at your dealer (and their allotment) is what will dictate what MY you get more than what you order.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod top is late availability, so if you’re an early reservation you’re going to have to wait for it... all the other items are just high demand... but you won’t know whether that effects you until May when Ford gives you your delivery estimate...

But all that said, your time stamp relative to the others at your dealer (and their allotment) is what will dictate what MY you get more than what you order.
I guess my concern is having to wait for the MOD top might/could cause my build to get passed up and then some of those six commodity constraint items might be even more restricted. There's just really no way of knowing I guess.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Um, who sleeps in a rooftop tent indoors?
If you are in a rooftop tent, you are going to be outside. The CO is coming out of your exhaust pipe, not your HVAC vents. There would be zero risk of CO poisoning from running your vehicle while in a rooftop tent, as long as you are not inside an enclosed area while doing so.
To my knowledge car heaters and ac units do not give off carbon monoxide
I believe the concern is more so with the Napier sportz tent offered in the accessories list

Ford Bronco “Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows. Screenshot_20210221-214108_Edge

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess my concern is having to wait for the MOD top might/could cause my build to get passed up and then some of those six commodity constraint items might be even more restricted. There's just really no way of knowing I guess.
Ah! That makes sense. I hadn’t considered it that way...

Yeah, there’s really no way to be able to predict (at least at this point). My position is, if you need your Bronco now and that the highest priority, avoid all high demand items... but if you can wait... just order the Bronco you want, because in the big scheme of things not only will a delay not matter, you’d never know whether it was worth it.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I believe the concern is more so with the Napier sportz tent offered in the accessories list

Ford Bronco “Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows. Screenshot_20210221-214108_Edge
No, we were specifically talking about a rooftop tent, with some sort of access through the "gunner" portal on the 2dr mod top.
That rear (Aztek style?) tent is completely different, and I would be a lot more concerned about CO poisoning with that type of design.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This seems better than what my dealer assured me of; that MIC = Molded in (body) Color of course :p

It's good seeing some official ford instruction on that matter. Hopefully it will help a few wayward salesfolken pitch the right stuff.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Girryn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi S4, 2015 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These pictures are reminding me that we still don’t know for certain what that latch looking thing that integrates the top with the roll bar is.

I mean, I can take a guess... but what and exactly why? What perceived problem is this addressing that the Jeep doesn’t have?
Anyone?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

for fun and thinking outside the box, with the modular top and the removable side windows. I say use a window unit to a honda inverter and call it a day :cool:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this - but the 4 door top, a rear portion has always had 4 indents for the roof rack feet, even though Ford was only using the front 2. I was hoping to get another aftermarket bar back there to have a full-length rack. Make it easier to load a car top boat. I do not see hte indents in the pictures i n this thread.

Ford Bronco “Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows. 1614005223546

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Carbon monoxide does not rise or fall it mixes with the air almost perfectly. Outside it’s not a threat unless you are parked in a crater. Any outdoor air movement will dilute and blow away the gas harmlessly. Carbon monoxide needs time to hurt you.

And even if the one in a million conditions occurred , you could just hook a hose up to your tailpipe away from the car
I would be more cautious...people have died from CO in their car...especially during snowstorms, etc. If I can smell exhaust in the least...I'm shutting it down. Besides...if you are so sensitive to the heat, buy a portable A/C unit.
Sponsored