Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Front license plate placement on Antimatter Blue Base Bronco 1614025781914

how do you get road salt, spray the front upper corner of the bumper?? are the wheel fenders too short?? is that opening between the fender and the bumper the culprit??
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It looks like a crab to me. The bumper is like two claws holding its lunch. Now I can't un-see the crab faced base bronco.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Bronco Hank

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was like pulling teeth to get an answer on this topic but finally got one. My dealer told me today(said he confirmed with his Ford rep), this is where the front plate will be mounted. He told me the front plate will be mounted on the face of the bumper itself and will not cover any part of the grille. I’m still trying to get something more “official” so there are no surprises but this is what I got so far and wanted to share with y’all.
Ford Bronco Front license plate placement on Antimatter Blue Base Bronco 1614028617247

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope.... Just give me the ticket!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was like pulling teeth to get an answer on this topic but finally got one. My dealer told me today(said he confirmed with his Ford rep), this is where the front plate will be mounted. He told me the front plate will be mounted on the face of the bumper itself and will not cover any part of the grille. I’m still trying to get something more “official” so there are no surprises but this is what I got so far and wanted to share with y’all.
Ford Bronco Front license plate placement on Antimatter Blue Base Bronco 1614028617247
The consensus on the board here is that the little rectangle you circled is the front radar. You can't mount a plate there because it will interfere with that.

This is why we've now seen 2 different front plate mounts that both have it placed above this location.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No, I'm not otto. Yes, I am serious. That's mine, dangit! Well, just like it, ennyhoo.
I guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. This is what I think of when you say ottopilot, hence my attempt at a joke:

Ford Bronco Front license plate placement on Antimatter Blue Base Bronco 1C1DC2D0-2C5B-400D-B4E3-39F75F006186

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
that is awesome! How and where are you going to mount it?
Right where they went on the original Bronco. I just like the old school look. I’m not drilling holes in my new Bronco so I cut the mounting tabs off the badges and will stick them on with glue. If I could figure out how to use double sided sticky foam tape I’d use that.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha,
Getting old here and I buying the very same set up. Will be requesting a delete option on the plate when I place my order.
Aha! You are a fart smeller, I mean smart feller! Need to revise mine. Order is in.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. This is what I think of when you say ottopilot, hence my attempt at a joke:

Ford Bronco Front license plate placement on Antimatter Blue Base Bronco 1C1DC2D0-2C5B-400D-B4E3-39F75F006186
Dang, missed it! That was the number one favorite of my best boss ever. Would go around talking to staff doing an imitation of Bill Murphy doing an imitation of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Totally Caddyshack.

MagicNelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
The consensus on the board here is that the little rectangle you circled is the front radar. You can't mount a plate there because it will interfere with that.

This is why we've now seen 2 different front plate mounts that both have it placed above this location.
Is the front radar standard on every trim level?

Bronco Hank

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Right. Makes sense. That was just the picture w/ circle my dealer sent me.

So in an effort to get a little more information, I called Ford a couple minutes ago, the person I spoke with in the Bronco group said the front plate will be mounted on the bumper itself, will not cover up any part of the grille and will not cover the paint beneath the grille. I asked about the radar, she said the sensors are further to the side and the front plate won’t interfere with the radar. Wish we had more to go on but that’s what I got so far.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Condolences from AZ
Ford Bronco Front license plate placement on Antimatter Blue Base Bronco A54EF58D-63FC-43DE-B35F-92119FAB2B8C
Sponsored