Sponsored

Why does Bronco (Ford) have lower front stance?

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Why does Bronco (Ford) have lower front stance? 1614096673458

Just curious: Why is the Bronco's stance lower in the front as compared to the rear? Ford's F-150s are the same way. Ford and aftermarket companies even sell leveling kits. But the stance is intentional, right? So why is it designed that way? I guess I should ask Levine. I think it looks bad. I put a leveling kit on my F-150 and the 1-1.5" higher (now level) front makes it look a LOT better (IMHO).
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's to compensate for towing and payload. If it was level out of the box the rear would slouch when loaded or towing.
Exactly, after a 1.75 level on my F150 if I tow I'm nose high with headlights pointed at the sky. When stock it leveled out perfect. Airbags are in my future.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's to compensate for towing and payload. If it was level out of the box the rear would slouch when loaded or towing.
Yep. My old Ranger was stupidly raked. Probably my least favorite aspect of all the Ford Trucks (Ranger, 2 F-150's, F-250) I've owned.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is, kudos for pointing that out.
In our case, when towing a bale of hay, three cats, or a small chair. (shots fired at the tow rating, don't ban me) :LOL:

Sponsored
OP
OP

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly, after a 1.75 level on my F150 if I tow I'm nose high with headlights pointed at the sky. When stock it leveled out perfect. Airbags are in my future.
OK, if you say so - and that seems to be the consensus. But the rake is only 1'-1.5", so when the truck is loaded or hauling an inch is not going to make your "headlights pointed at the sky". (Maybe your trailer should be loaded so it isn't so tongue heavy).

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@95bronco It's not the consensus, it's the answer.

Trucks are built to "haul" something and if you add a few hundred pounds, maybe 1k or even 1.5k, you're going to level the vehicle. This won't point the headlights to the sky, this will drop the rear by an inch or two. Most body-on-frame vehicles are built this way. Your F-150 was designed specifically for this. A leveling kit defeats the purpose and when the F-150 is used as designed, to haul a 1k lbs in the bed, the headlights, after adding a leveling kit, shine directly into oncoming driver's eyes (not to the sky).

If you really don't know this and really wanted the answer, that's it. The vehicle is designed with a "cargo" area and if you throw a few hundred pounds in the cargo area/bed, you're going to level the body-on-frame vehicle. It's raked for a reason.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All pickups and many SUV's are higher in the rear, not just a Ford thing. I like the more leveled look but I use my payload limit regularly on my F150 and they just looks stupid when loaded down with the nose pointed up. Our JKU is about 1" higher in the rear, FWIW.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much everything out there has some rake from the factory. I intend to swap out the front springs to a little bit stiffer spring that helps the front ride an inch higher or so. I'm sure those will be available fairly quickly.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is

It is for aerodynamic considerations in order to achieve the best fuel economy numbers, this is also very noticeable with the Jeep Wrangler as well.
ding ding ding. this is the correct answer. a little thing that helps lower fuel usage. not for towing.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes it is raked to compensate for towing weight when equipped with the tow package. I think from what Iā€™ve seen the Broncos that do not have the tow package sit more level....just what Iā€™ve noticed from pictures....

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, if you say so - and that seems to be the consensus. But the rake is only 1'-1.5", so when the truck is loaded or hauling an inch is not going to make your "headlights pointed at the sky". (Maybe your trailer should be loaded so it isn't so tongue heavy).
I'm glad you know how I load my trailers, thanks Miss. Cleo...noted.

In the last 10 years pickups have become daily drivers for more people who were never truck people, so the rear springs have become softer to allow for a better ride. in turn when you load them up you get more squat, typically 2-3" on a correctly loaded trailer with WD hitch. Even putting a load in the bed will cause a leveled truck to sit nose high and blind oncoming traffic. If the truck was stock that 2" rake would allow the truck to sit exactly level and not nose high. I know this is all complicated geometry so I understand it being hard to understand.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leveled every Ford truck I've owned as I don't care for the non load stink bug look. Then put a set of bags on that can be filled or emptied based on load. Come at a reasonable cost as well.

May level Bronco, but not add bags as I won't be towing anything.